TESTERS WANTED! ×

Baseball Snobbery

NiftyNiblick

Saw the CY young winners last night, I remember maybe 10 years ago or so when they were talking about the Cy young that 18 wins was borderline as to whether you could have a chance at winning it. Then I see the Degrom from the Mets has won it with a 10-9 record. How is that the best pitcher in the NL has this award fallen that far that you can win it with a mediocre/bad season? At least the AL guy had 21 wins. I’m scratching my head on this one

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Saw the CY young winners last night, I remember maybe 10 years ago or so when they were talking about the Cy young that 18 wins was borderline as to whether you could have a chance at winning it. Then I see the Degrom from the Mets has won it with a 10-9 record. How is that the best pitcher in the NL has this award fallen that far that you can win it with a mediocre/bad season? At least the AL guy had 21 wins. I’m scratching my head on this one

He was the best pitcher in the NL, however he played on a team that was terrible and even worse in his starts. Wins are a product of the team and not the pitcher. There is definite change in all sports going more analytical and for the most part it is good. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

4 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

He was the best pitcher in the NL, however he played on a team that was terrible and even worse in his starts. Wins are a product of the team and not the pitcher. There is definite change in all sports going more analytical and for the most part it is good. 

No way the best pitcher has a 10-9 record, no matter how bad the team is. By that logic the MVP should come from the last place team in the league because the guy hit .320 with 40 HR. Even on a bad team the best pitcher should have more than 10 wins. He may have had a good year, but there’s no way in my mind that anyone with a 10-9 record should ever win the “best” player award. This is just my opinion. I know her not everyone agrees with me. It just shows that sports are changing, and I don’t think it’s for the better. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Archived