TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i210 Irons

hckymeyer

12 minutes ago, ole gray said:

Good for you and enjoy your trip!  Next week the cold comes back to Georgia and we will be freezing out booties off!  😥

Do I dare ask what your version of cold is? Haha

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Oh and in two days it's meant to be in the 80s in NZ and I'm going to Ireland where it's snowing..😶🤣😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

7 hours ago, Wedgie said:

Yep, ole gray strolls in, drops the hammer and leaves.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Nawwwww cuz you will see me around more here soon.   I've been as busy as a bee in a tar bucket moderating a military forum.  One of my BCT companies is nearing graduation so it will free up some time...   

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

4 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Do I dare ask what your version of cold is? Haha

55 degrees Monday, 52 Tuesday, 49 Wednesday, 59 Thursday & ending up at 62 on Friday.   That's only three cold days next week  so we are good to go. 😉

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

16 hours ago, ole gray said:

55 degrees Monday, 52 Tuesday, 49 Wednesday, 59 Thursday & ending up at 62 on Friday.   That's only three cold days next week  so we are good to go. 😉

That's perfectly acceptable weather for spring/fall golf to me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

50 minutes ago, Neakzaad said:

Really tempted by these, but I have heard they are a little on the firm side. Anything on the feel?

Our reviews go into feel a good bit, but I didn't find them firm. Are they butter knife forged no,but good strikes feel great and are soft feeling in my opinion. 

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Really tempted by these, but I have heard they are a little on the firm side. Anything on the feel?

Ping isn't known for softness like Mizuno, miura, etc. Some people like their irons a little on the firm side. I'm one of those because I want to know where I'm hitting the ball off the face. A pure strike is a good, solid clip while a strike off the toe is felt with a little more harshness. I've got almost two dozen rounds with these clubs and they're not going anywhere. Not everyone will like the feel but they are a solid choice for distance, feel and forgiveness.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

• 1 year later...

Yes an oldy but a goodie! Ping i210 in the most wanted testing a couple years later and still not only relevant but doing very well! 

https://mygolfspy.com/2020-most-wanted-players-irons/

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

It is amazing how these have a cult-like status on the LPGA and still have a presence on the Euro tour as well. I would expect the i210s to be more of a players distance iron and something like the blueprint in the players iron but regardless, the i210 is a set of irons that is still one of the best. For me, they launched lower than any other iron and I rarely had to fight them into the wind. 

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • Lefty

These have completely changed my iron game. Been gaming them for awhile now and they are just so solid all around. Was a bit surprised they were in this category but impressed that they showed out!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

• 6 months later...
On 10/26/2020 at 9:17 AM, Apolloshowl said:

Yes an oldy but a goodie! Ping i210 in the most wanted testing a couple years later and still not only relevant but doing very well! 

https://mygolfspy.com/2020-most-wanted-players-irons/

Severely late to the party but finally acquired a set of heads 4-U and throwing shafts as we speak! From the reviews and @txgolfjunkie point,  still a very heavy LPGA and men's Tours usage including Tavatanakit, Henderson and Cink with wins in the past month!

1 hour ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Severely late to the party but finally acquired a set of heads 4-U and throwing shafts as we speak! From the reviews and @txgolfjunkie point,  still a very heavy LPGA and men's Tours usage including Tavatanakit, Henderson and Cink with wins in the past month!

It’s not just the tour players that like them. They have a pretty good reputation amongs the general public and ive seen on different platforms speculation that it would be hard for ping to replace them. 

It seems as if the i59s are going to be more of an iBlade replacement and not a direct replacement to the i210s.

im excited to see and hit the i59s but also curious to see what ping does with thne i210 going forward. The s55s were pretty popular for them and they didn’t replace in normal cycle

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

2 hours ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

They have been a great club for me and one thing I love about Ping irons is their longevity. Not just in terms of release cycle, but actual wear and tear. I have a ton of rounds with mine still and other then some paint fill which I probably brushed out when cleaning they are still in great condition. Nice that they get recognition on tour and were a solid iron for professionals, however for us mortals they work really well and have a great reputation. What shafts are you putting in them?

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

I just had a buddy order these...2.5 years after this review. It's crazy how popular these irons are on multiple tours. I've since moved on but these were by far the easiest mid and long irons I've ever hit. The short irons were just a hair chunky for me but they really did perform well. 

• Lefty

7 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

They have been a great club for me and one thing I love about Ping irons is their longevity. Not just in terms of release cycle, but actual wear and tear. I have a ton of rounds with mine still and other then some paint fill which I probably brushed out when cleaning they are still in great condition. Nice that they get recognition on tour and were a solid iron for professionals, however for us mortals they work really well and have a great reputation. What shafts are you putting in them?

AWT 2.0 regular.....had in my iblades and just sitting around the house......I tried AMT BLACK R300 and ctaper regular 110g.....those ctaper shafts were very nice but reverberated throughout this old body entirely too much! 

On 4/28/2021 at 9:55 AM, Apolloshowl said:

They have been a great club for me and one thing I love about Ping irons is their longevity. Not just in terms of release cycle, but actual wear and tear. I have a ton of rounds with mine still and other then some paint fill which I probably brushed out when cleaning they are still in great condition. Nice that they get recognition on tour and were a solid iron for professionals, however for us mortals they work really well and have a 

I210s get maiden voyage in a few hours! Excited 

5 hours ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

14 greens hit, 2 birds......2 bogies on par 5s and HORRIBLY INCONSISTENT green surfaces.....but 1 over 73 with new irons and putter .....not too shabby!

Here's some quick , random thoughts;  

The i210 is an inherent progressive combo set without all of the glitz and glam of modern technology.....no tungsten,  no multi-material sans the extra elastomer,  no insanely strong lofts.......

No the Ping i210 is just a great looking and feeling iron that works for Tour Pros and amateurs alike.....

One of biggest takeaways is the CONSISTENCY in feel.....I've played quite a few combo sets over the years; 2011 Nike vr pro combo,  Srixon Z785 7-pw Z585 4-6 irons, T200 4-gw to name a few.......the MAIN issue for me is the lack of continuity in the FEEL aspect.....long irons in the sets mentioned have a different feel in comparison to the short irons and after awhile,  this wore on me.......call me silly but it just did.

The i210s are just very consistent in standard flight and feel .....for someone who plays alot or not so much , this is just a reliable feature that goes overlooked. 

Edited by TMAG-FIREMEDIC

5 hours ago, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Here's some quick , random thoughts;  

The i210 is an inherent progressive combo set without all of the glitz and glam of modern technology.....no tungsten,  no multi-material sans the extra elastomer,  no insanely strong lofts.......

No the Ping i210 is just a great looking and feeling iron that works for Tour Pros and amateurs alike.....

One of biggest takeaways is the CONSISTENCY in feel.....I've played quite a few combo sets over the years; 2011 Nike vr pro combo,  Srixon Z785 7-pw Z585 4-6 irons, T200 4-gw to name a few.......the MAIN issue for me is the lack of continuity in the FEEL aspect.....long irons in the sets mentioned have a different feel in comparison to the short irons and after awhile,  this wore on me.......call me silly but it just did.

The i210s are just very consistent in standard flight and feel .....for someone who plays alot or not so much , this is just a reliable feature that goes overlooked. 

Glad you like them! They are a more simple iron with a little less flash, but I would say they are a very Ping iron. In my review I had some photos up side by side with the Ping anser forged and there were so many similarities between the two. They managed to take a lot of what works and a put a great looking iron together. Also nice that its been supported this long as well by not coming out with a direct replacement as of yet!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

6 hours ago, Apolloshowl said:

Glad you like them! They are a more simple iron with a little less flash, but I would say they are a very Ping iron. In my review I had some photos up side by side with the Ping anser forged and there were so many similarities between the two. They managed to take a lot of what works and a put a great looking iron together. Also nice that its been supported this long as well by not coming out with a direct replacement as of yet!

Funny you mentioned the Anser forged.....I had those for a minute and yes , that's far more of a comparison than say i20/i25 which featured wider soles on the long irons.....Anser forged was definitely ahead of its time 

Here is a pic of i210 4i v Nike vr pro combo 2i head......ever so slightly wider but in a good way....as stated my confidence AND launch are higher with these wonderful irons!received_751167592231880.jpeg.042c47c7e0fbd92ae1eb09c21d5b4e7f.jpeg

Played a familiar course......shot even par with 5 birds and 5 bogies.....2 poor drives didn't leave me much

Hit 12 GIR's......the other 4 were a missed 9i, U wedge 6i n 4i......getting up n down on 2 of those and one 3 putt to finish.....

The main takeaway from my 2nd Round with Ping i210 irons; I'M MADLY, INSANELY IN LOVE with these irons.......once dialed into my specs(length n lie) I'm truly expecting to average 13+ per round......SERIOUSLY.....these ABSOLUTELY fit my needs : easy to launch,  look and feel great, very forgiving without being overly bulky. 

On 5/5/2021 at 5:34 PM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

Played a familiar course......shot even par with 5 birds and 5 bogies.....2 poor drives didn't leave me much

Hit 12 GIR's......the other 4 were a missed 9i, U wedge 6i n 4i......getting up n down on 2 of those and one 3 putt to finish.....

The main takeaway from my 2nd Round with Ping i210 irons; I'M MADLY, INSANELY IN LOVE with these irons.......once dialed into my specs(length n lie) I'm truly expecting to average 13+ per round......SERIOUSLY.....these ABSOLUTELY fit my needs : easy to launch,  look and feel great, very forgiving without being overly bulky. 

So had 1/2" chopped off butt end.....didn't get swingweights but I'll check later.....today I went to the range .....as long as I kept up my rotation vs sliding through,  I hit absolute great shots......nearing the end, I hit 2 4i's off the deck that just looked delicious.....😍😍😍

Even the misses(thin) went directionally correct.....dying for next round seeing how I'm driving it, putting it and now approaching it with tons of confidence......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/21/2021 at 4:27 AM, TMAG-FIREMEDIC said:

New update....... Accra i-series steel 105R in i210s!  

16 greens .....nuff said

hey dude, the official review forum underwent some restructuring so new replies on review threads are not appearing as unread content so most members are not seeing your posts here. don't worry, the devs and mods are working on it to correct the situation.

but please feel free to create a new thread in the "normal" forums to start the discussion on your new clubs!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

hey dude, the official review forum underwent some restructuring so new replies on review threads are not appearing as unread content so most members are not seeing your posts here. don't worry, the devs and mods are working on it to correct the situation.

but please feel free to create a new thread in the "normal" forums to start the discussion on your new clubs!

I definitely have problems with new Test /Review setup.  I like to follow ongoing Testing and any new updates on old ones.  New setup has been difficult for me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list