hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i210 Irons

That would be awesome 😁

I’m wondering if any of the i210 testers see what I see... When I look down at the PW, it looks closed, and very upright. I think it has to do with the way the top edge that meets the hosel is cut-out.
Anyone else get a sense of upright and closed at address???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m wondering if any of the i210 testers see what I see... When I look down at the PW, it looks closed, and very upright. I think it has to do with the way the top edge that meets the hosel is cut-out.

I thought it looked square but felt like it and the uw were showing more loft than my sm7 gw and both p790 and pxg pw

4 hours ago, Danbrook said:

Just had a thought of how amazing the i210 would look in stealth....

Mate, I already have to avoid looking at them to keep my money in the bank. If they were stealth....😵😍🤤😁

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nunfa0 said:

Mate, I already have to avoid looking at them to keep my money in the bank. If they were stealth....😵😍🤤😁

Your self control is adrimable. 

PING, if you are watching these threads, Stelath Please!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

It would be cool to see a stealth version but that would be so far from what ping does I couldn’t see them doing it, which as a ping fan is good. I like brands that stick to their release schedules and their “traditions”

• Like 1

It would be cool to see a stealth version but that would be so far from what ping does I couldn’t see them doing it, which as a ping fan is good. I like brands that stick to their release schedules and their “traditions”

One thing that a DBM finish would do is increase the durability of the i210s. I posted this pic in my FWB Stage 2. The face was marked-up on this 9 iron after I hit a dirty ball on the range. I don’t even have 3 rounds in with these yet...

IMG_6868.JPG

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

One thing that a DBM finish would do is increase the durability of the i210s. I posted this pic in my FWB Stage 2. The face was marked-up on this 9 iron after I hit a dirty ball on the range. I don’t even have 3 rounds in with these yet...

IMG_6868.JPG

Good grief, I have two years with the mizzys and they're not even close to that bad😱😎

• Like 1

I can't say I did. It looked very similar to my I e1 And less offset then the anser. It does have a boxy look, however I only really noticed that when they were side by side with the i500. I didn't notice is much on the course or over testing.

• Like 1

Wow I have played 20 or so rounds with mine and many range sessions and mine aren't even close to that.... How bad were those range balls?

IMG_6868.thumb.JPG.9c45633446a40a5c7a4ff50a67ee00c5.JPG

11 hours ago, PMookie said:

IMG_6868.JPG

Mine didn’t look like that at all.

• Like 1

Wow I have played 20 or so rounds with mine and many range sessions and mine aren't even close to that.... How bad were those range balls?

All ranges down here have a sand base, so it doesn’t matter if the balls are new or not. It proves the point that the DBM finish on my FWB is much more durable as not a single club shows this type of wear.

• Like 1

We've got plenty of sand-based ranges down here but we've been relegated to mats most of the late summer/early fall with all the rain. I don't have nearly the wear and tear on the face of the irons. I usually do my best to wipe off the range ball before I start hitting away. I know that's tedious when you're anxious to start your practice session, but it saves the face of the irons, especially the driver/3 wood. Those sandy ranges are torture on new equipment, especially if you've got a steep AoA and taking solid divots. 

14 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

My stage 2 is up...however if anyone tells my wife I'm done with the review, I'll have some words for you. As far as she knows, this is a year long commitment and I need to be out on the course on a regular basis. 

This is golden!!   I remember when I was chosen for the JPX review last year and told my fiance, she asked me at least weekly if I was practicing and playing enough to do a good job on the review.   Funny how they view things like that, but when it's just a fun round with the boys, it's different...ha

• Like 3

The WORST thing about the i210s are the teeny-tiny pieces of plastic that cover the numbers on the soles of the clubs! The itsy-bitsy pieces that cover the two centers of the 8 iron were ridiculously difficult to remove! Ping: apply one solid piece or covering so it peels easily. Thanks!!!

• Like 3

Another great stage 2 to complete the set. Happy to hear they worked for you. Even though they didn't make the bag for all the testers the i210 got really high grades!

• Like 2