TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i500 Irons

hckymeyer

Who had two thumbs and just posted their Stage 1?

THIS GUY

The last shot in my video is a tutorial for Mason Crosby and fantasy football kickers everywhere

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

27 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

emoji1303.pngTHIS GUYemoji1303.png

The last shot in my video is a tutorial for Mason Crosby and fantasy football kickers everywhere emoji6.png

Nice start. We both had the same irons so it’ll be interesting to see if we have simailr findings with the i500s

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Getting back up to double digit temps on Monday.

Yes. lookout links here I come with i500's in hand

tenor-11.gif

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

4 hours ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

emoji1303.pngTHIS GUYemoji1303.png

The last shot in my video is a tutorial for Mason Crosby and fantasy football kickers everywhere emoji6.png

not bad for a beginner

😀😀

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

Dexterity:

Me too, but we have top golf opening here soon so you guys will have to make a trip down this winter for some fun!

Right near the Pizza place we are at, correct? I believe I saw the netting for it as I was headed back to the Interstate.

At least it looked like Top Golf netting from others I've been too.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Great job on the Stage 1's guys. We definitely have some talented photographers in the group.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

6 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Right near the Pizza place we are at, correct? I believe I saw the netting for it as I was headed back to the Interstate.

At least it looked like Top Golf netting from others I've been too.

That's the place. It's right next to an Ikea so if your fiance doesn't golf, you can drop her there for a few hours and hit balls.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

That's the place. It's right next to an Ikea so if your fiance doesn't golf, you can drop her there for a few hours and hit balls.

Ha. We have half an apartment furnished with Ikea. The surprising thing is, most of it is almost 20 years old. Who says it's stuff doesn't last.

20 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

I'd be great if you weighed in as well. I'd love to hear the comparison you have between the i500 and your old set.

So my old set were Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-PW with C-taper lite stiff shafts.  My i500s are 6-PW with Project X LZ 6.0 shafts.  I am currently experimenting with the Taylor Gapr mid 5 iron replacement, but I might buy an i500 5 iron in the future.  I did not like the 5 iron in my JPX set because the set has very low bounce and I tended dig too much, especially with the 5 iron.  The GAPR has a nice wide sole, and so far so good on nothing too chunky.  The i500s do have higher bounce than the JPX900s though, so I am not ruling out getting the 5 iron later.

Some other thoughts are that I love the look of the i500 vs. my JPX 900s, and the JPX were some nice looking clubs, but the i500s are just a bit less clunky and have less offset which is always good for a guy whose miss is a hook.  I think Ping was really smart with how they beveled the topline of the i500s.  It creates an optical illusion that makes the club appear much smaller.

Performance wise, the i500 do not seem to be any less forgiving than the slightly clunkier JPX 900 forged, which is impressive.  Objectively, the i500s are also about 7 yards longer in the 7 iron (I was able to compare using Trackman when I got fit at the outdoor range).  Subjectively, the i500s appear to fly about half to 2/3 of a club longer, as there is a 147 yard target (an island green with a pin in the center) at the driving range that I couldn't quite reach with my old 9 iron, but can easily reach now with the i500s.  Finally, I absolutely love the feel of the LZ shafts, they have a nice feeling of loading and unloading that the C-taper just doesn't quite have.  I was a bit surprised by the difference in feel because when I was fit for my Mizunos both the c-taper lite and lz were recommended for me.  I have only played 9 holes of golf with these so I don't have a lot of on the course information to share, but I am playing today and it is pretty windy since the remnants of the hurricane just passed to our south last night.  Hopefully, I will have some good insights as to how these play in the wind because on normal shots they do fly noticeably higher than my JPX900s. 

great write up JT.

thanks.

I am writing up something about the size in my stage 2 as well.

Dexterity:

Very jealous of these clubs, love the write ups and photos guys 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

On 10/12/2018 at 10:52 AM, jtnunley1983 said:

So my old set were Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-PW with C-taper lite stiff shafts.  My i500s are 6-PW with Project X LZ 6.0 shafts.  I am currently experimenting with the Taylor Gapr mid 5 iron replacement, but I might buy an i500 5 iron in the future.  I did not like the 5 iron in my JPX set because the set has very low bounce and I tended dig too much, especially with the 5 iron.  The GAPR has a nice wide sole, and so far so good on nothing too chunky.  The i500s do have higher bounce than the JPX900s though, so I am not ruling out getting the 5 iron later.

Some other thoughts are that I love the look of the i500 vs. my JPX 900s, and the JPX were some nice looking clubs, but the i500s are just a bit less clunky and have less offset which is always good for a guy whose miss is a hook.  I think Ping was really smart with how they beveled the topline of the i500s.  It creates an optical illusion that makes the club appear much smaller.

Performance wise, the i500 do not seem to be any less forgiving than the slightly clunkier JPX 900 forged, which is impressive.  Objectively, the i500s are also about 7 yards longer in the 7 iron (I was able to compare using Trackman when I got fit at the outdoor range).  Subjectively, the i500s appear to fly about half to 2/3 of a club longer, as there is a 147 yard target (an island green with a pin in the center) at the driving range that I couldn't quite reach with my old 9 iron, but can easily reach now with the i500s.  Finally, I absolutely love the feel of the LZ shafts, they have a nice feeling of loading and unloading that the C-taper just doesn't quite have.  I was a bit surprised by the difference in feel because when I was fit for my Mizunos both the c-taper lite and lz were recommended for me.  I have only played 9 holes of golf with these so I don't have a lot of on the course information to share, but I am playing today and it is pretty windy since the remnants of the hurricane just passed to our south last night.  Hopefully, I will have some good insights as to how these play in the wind because on normal shots they do fly noticeably higher than my JPX900s. 

I just want to follow up on my post and note that I had no real issues with the wind at all.  I was able to control the flight when needed and also noticed on a few full swings into the wind taht the clubs performed quite well, and I only experienced a bit of ballooning on one shot with a 9 iron where a huge gust came in while the ball was in mid-flight.  On that shot, I was shooting for a back pin and while the ball did balloon and did come up short, it still reached the green about 1/3 of the way back to the pin.

Just had the worst range session in a while

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Wow, you guys have done an amazing job on your stage 1's.. I cannot wait for stage 2's.. Of all the testers has anyone played Ping clubs previously? I have had 2 set, i-3 o-size, and the G25's, I was wondering how they feel compared to previous offerings? 

I'm a little jealous, I think Pings are Kind of underappreciated.. and those clubs look fantastic.. Keep up the great work we are all waiting on stage 2's.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

34 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

Wow, you guys have done an amazing job on your stage 1's.. I cannot wait for stage 2's.. Of all the testers has anyone played Ping clubs previously? I have had 2 set, i-3 o-size, and the G25's, I was wondering how they feel compared to previous offerings? 

I'm a little jealous, I think Pings are Kind of underappreciated.. and those clubs look fantastic.. Keep up the great work we are all waiting on stage 2's.. 

I did play the Rapture V2 when I first took golf. They were fairly easy to hit, but of course, I wanted more... I've probably tried every iteration from the i and G series, never got along with them.
They look fantastic, I'll give you that.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I have a G25 3i that had bent to 19° a while back before I found my current 3i

I haven’t gamed Ping irons since the i3’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

7 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Thanks Dw.

I havent. 

My only experience is with an  i3 back in 2003. I was at a store and tried it and even though I couldn't swing, I had 1 shot that felt so great. that was it.

images.jpg

Dexterity:

trajectory

Dexterity:

Love it Har, you're getting some serious launch there 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

How is the gapping coming along with your other clubs?  I know someone who has these irons and they said their distances were at least 1 full club longer now.  

How do you guys feel about the hollow heads?  Do you think they should have filled them similar to PXG and Taylormade?  With the hollow heads, how do you feel about the sound?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

On 10/16/2018 at 7:55 AM, GC70 said:

deleted. posted by mistske

Edited by Har in the Hat

Dexterity:

4 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

How is the gapping coming along with your other clubs?  I know someone who has these irons and they said their distances were at least 1 full club longer now.  

How do you guys feel about the hollow heads?  Do you think they should have filled them similar to PXG and Taylormade?  With the hollow heads, how do you feel about the sound?

goalie

the reviews are almost finished and soon all will be revealed.   in regards to the distances, stay tuned for some real surprises.

Dexterity:

deleted. posted by mistske

What post is that?

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

5 minutes ago, GC70 said:

What post is that?

you gaming the i3's.

had a brain fart and just asking why. not realizing you were a tester replying to  Reese's question

Dexterity:

you gaming the i3's.
had a brain fart and just asking why. not realizing you were a tester replying to  Reese's question

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S

Pro V1 / Z-Star

17 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

Sound and feel wise I can’t tell they’re hollow when hitting only when i have some bag chatter. 

I wasn't chosen to test the Ping i500's but I purchased some anyway - where would be the best place for me to add my thoughts? Should I add them here or start a new thread?

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

17 minutes ago, golfertrb said:

I wasn't chosen to test the Ping i500's but I purchased some anyway - where would be the best place for me to add my thoughts? Should I add them here or start a new thread?

Add them here. We would love to hear your thoughts. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Add them here. We would love to hear your thoughts. 
What he said....

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges