hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING i500 Irons

We've got one opening in Independence next year.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MattF said:

We've got one opening in Independence next year.

We do?

Awesome, some place to spend more money in the winter!

• Haha 2

Now that the thread is up, i can start talking about these clubs. i played quite a bit and went to the driving range in the last 3 weeks up until the snow hit and the temps dropped to near freezing.

So i'll start posting some experiences 😀

I played quite a few nine hole rounds and I decided to put away the woods. Left 'em at home. Golfed without them.

(and i did quite fine).

Here is a layout of our #1 handicap hole - hole #4 -playing at 347 yrds from the hybrids.

image.png      image.png

Hit my tee shot not very good and ended up 237 to the pin (just above the #4 on the pic is the 150 yard marker).   

Pulled out the ___ iron and below are 2 shots that i struck. One flew for a total yardage of 210 and another flew for 200 yards.

I usually hit a 3H for about 200-210 yards.  The club is used is a ...

Sorry, stage 2.🔇

Hole #4.png

• Like 6

Really nice work guys - beautiful looking clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

We do?

Awesome, some place to spend more money in the winter!

Yep...guess we'll be spending a bit of time together next winter! 🤣

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Now that the thread is up, i can start talking about these clubs. i played quite a bit and went to the driving range in the last 3 weeks up until the snow hit and the temps dropped to near freezing.

So i'll start posting some experiences 😀

I played quite a few nine hole rounds and I decided to put away the woods. Left 'em at home. Golfed without them.

(and i did quite fine).

Here is a layout of our #1 handicap hole - hole #4 -playing at 347 yrds from the hybrids.

image.png      image.png

Hit my tee shot not very good and ended up 237 to the pin (just above the #4 on the pic is the 150 yard marker).   

Pulled out the ___ iron and below are 2 shots that i struck. One flew for a total yardage of 210 and another flew for 200 yards.

I usually hit a 3H for about 200-210 yards.  The club is used is a ...

Sorry, stage 2.🔇

Hole #4.png

Always keep them wanting more, Nice!  I do like the sound of hitting an iron that distance cuz I hate my hybrids (although I hit them fine).  My 3 hybrid is 220 and can hit a 3 or 4 iron fairly well. distance is usually lucky to get to 200 with roll.  I have never understood how the ball flight and consistency are for the most part great but the distance always sucked. It is too bad too since I really do prefer the look of an iron over a hybrid.

I've never had an issue with hitting the hybrid, but now with the new iron hitting the same distance, I won't need the 3H.

And....

3 iron.... not even close.

keep guessing bud 

😉😁

• Like 2

Just now, Har in the Hat said:

I've never had an issue with hitting the hybrid, but now with the new iron hitting the same distance, I won't need the 3H.

And....

keep guessing bud 

😉😁

5 iron

And....
keep guessing bud 

I'm gonna go with 6 iron, and be jealous of your ability to smash the ball.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

15 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

Always keep them wanting more, Nice!  I do like the sound of hitting an iron that distance cuz I hate my hybrids (although I hit them fine).  My 3 hybrid is 220 and can hit a 3 or 4 iron fairly well. distance is usually lucky to get to 200 with roll.  I have never understood how the ball flight and consistency are for the most part great but the distance always sucked. It is too bad too since I really do prefer the look of an iron over a hybrid.

I know and hate that hole at Connaught!  Can't ever seem to get the tee shot right, and every time I have played there, that hole has always been into the wind.

Other than that, I really like everyone's stage 1 reviews and I'm looking forward to the stage 2's.  I just bought a set of these i500s and so far I'm very happy.  Can't wait to see the changes between the i500s and my old set compare to what others are seeing in their testing!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jtnunley1983 said:

I know and hate that hole at Connaught!  Can't ever seem to get the tee shot right, and every time I have played there, that hole has always been into the wind.

Other than that, I really like everyone's stage 1 reviews and I'm looking forward to the stage 2's.  I just bought a set of these i500s and so far I'm very happy.  Can't wait to see the changes between the i500s and my old set compare to what others are seeing in their testing!

I'd be great if you weighed in as well. I'd love to hear the comparison you have between the i500 and your old set.

18 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

Any questions?

Yes, can you please make your signature a little smaller? 😆😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1