Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

How much does your club cost per month?

Sluggo42

Reading the topic about golf being a rich mans sport, I was wondering what your clubs monthly cost is.

the very nice club just down the street wants $500 initiation fee, then $710 per month, plus $118 per month for carts. Then you have to spend $199 per quarter on food, and they’ll charge you if you don’t.

but, they have a pool, gym, tennis facility, fairly nice 18 holes, unlimited free driving range, and a good restaurant. 

They also have a ton of activities all the time like wine tasting, or whatever’s.

Seems a little expensive to me, although it would be reasonable if I played every day, which I could as I’m retired.

my main concern is that I’ll get sick of playing the same track endlessly...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Different world here in Scotland, the normal course in Central Belt are about £600 to £700/year, for unlimited Golf, no extras i.e. Carts. Some do put a yearly levy on your membership for food and drink but tis is normally £20-50.

You can also get some good "County Member" deals where if you live outside 50 miles you can get deals around £300 to 400 a year.

Play at your home club during the week Count club at the weekends.

WIMB

Driver Callaway Epic 10.5' Fujikura Stiff

3W Callaway Epic 15' Fujikura Stiff

3-AW Srixon Z565 Nippon Stiff

52', 56' Cleveland RTX 585 Wedges

Putter Taylormade Rosa Daytona

Bags 2017 Callaway Org14 Cart bag or 2018 Srixon Z start Carry bag 

My course charges about $2500 per year, all you can play, 27 holes.

No carts, no pool, no tennis, but do have a hotel with sauna.

Range balls, storage for bag, trolleys and restaurant consumption costs extra.

Guests get pull carts free of charge.

It sounds expensive, but we don't have the good deals like in the US for walk-in green fee players. And I only get to play on weekends, so that's a minimum of $70 per green fee times the amount of rounds I play per year... a membership is the cheaper alternative for me. Besides, I have a friend with a corporate membership, so he took me in as an "employee" for a slight discount.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I will preface this by saying that my club affords me a clergy membership so I don’t pay what I’m quoting here.

The top clubs in our area are between 450 and 500. Some have buy ins, some don’t. All charge a cart fee per use rather than monthly so you skip it if you walk.

Whether it’s worth it depends on the course and the members and your desire for outside amenities. I enjoy my club but appreciate the times that I get to play elsewhere -

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My club is not private.  It doesn't have any amenities; it's just golf.  The practice facilities are not great but adequate.  The "cafe" is barely that.  Sometimes the beverage cart is out on the weekends... sometimes.  

It's a daily fee course, but they also sell a "Players Card" which gets you 50% any rate, any time.  My wife and I have an annual membership.  The single rate is $1800/year; $2200 for couples.  We added the $500/year cart fee, and the club gave us an annual range pass which is $250/year.  So, it's $2500/year for the two of us.  It's time to renew our membership for 2019.  Last year, we got a 10% discount for renewing before December.

EDIT:  I forgot to mention that with the annual membership we get 50% off any rate at our sister course in an adjacent town across the river..  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

1 hour ago, Sluggo42 said:

Reading the topic about golf being a rich mans sport, I was wondering what your clubs monthly cost is.

the very nice club just down the street wants $500 initiation fee, then $710 per month, plus $118 per month for carts. Then you have to spend $199 per quarter on food, and they’ll charge you if you don’t.

but, they have a pool, gym, tennis facility, fairly nice 18 holes, unlimited free driving range, and a good restaurant. 

They also have a ton of activities all the time like wine tasting, or whatever’s.

Seems a little expensive to me, although it would be reasonable if I played every day, which I could as I’m retired.

Actually I didn't think that was bad for southern California. Like your club we have a lot of amenities; pools, tennis courts, pickleball courts, etc. We also have a Marina and the 18 hole course. The course also has 2 practice holes (par 4&5) and a driving range. For my wife and myself: club dues are 300/mo., unlimited golf for the two of us, includes; cart fees, driving range and practice holes is about $4K a year. We're generally able to golf from late March thru November. Obviously food, lessons, etc are all extra. Marina - yeah that's extra as well. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My club is public but has 125 memberships, which for retirees it is $107/month + $160 for full cart plan. As I Ranger 2 mornings a week I get the cart plan waived. We have 4 clubs in the Tampa area that are reciprocal for full members. We also get 10% off in the Pub and Pro shop. They also have a loyalty card that gives yo s discount at all 4 courses.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

169 per month, golf only. Cart is 20 per round. Like some have stated, rack rate is 70 so if I play 4 times per month I pay for my memebership. I have already played 5 rounds this month. We also get unlimited play at 3 Sister courses for cart fee only. So 4 full memberships at 1 cost. It’s really the best deal we could have honestly. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

$30/month unlimited walking and use of the gym which isn't much of one. I got in on a limited time offer it normally runs $45/month. It is also a public course with daily fees. It's a nice layout course and is perfect for my lifestyle. I also have access to another area course which is nicer than this one. I can also play a bunch of other ones in the Midwest if I travel which I don't.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

I live in Hawaii so the economics of my golf is very skewed. I’m not a member of a Private Club but I am a member of a group of guys that we call a club. We play a different course every Sunday and everyone pays dues in addition to a weekly bet.

Average weekly Green Fee = $65
Monthly dues = $20
Weekly bet = $20

All totaled to play in this club I spend approximately $3,500.00 annually. A small fraction of that is offset based on weekly winnings.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

If you were to play every day like you said or if you would use the amenities and show up for social gatherings they host it could be worth it. I hear you about getting bored of the course, but I found playing rounds with say only one wood/hybrid, even numbered irons, one wedge and a putter would change things up a bit.

The course I used to be a member at is around 2200/year for 7 days a week with advanced booking (bag storage and carts are extra), a small bucket at the range per day and 15% off in the clubhouse.

Sent from my E6853 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Too much is always my answer if it was just for golf.  My family uses the club a lot more than I do so I guess that makes it worth it.  I am somewhere between $3k and $4k a month all in during the season and about half that in the shoulder months when I am not playing golf.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

After being approved by the board of directors for stock purchase, my home club membership dues are $610 per year plus cart fee.  Walking is no additional fee above membership and walking is allowed at any time.  It's a no frills facility offering golf and very little else.  It's not for everyone and certainly not for the perspective member looking for a full-service club.  We don't have dining facilities, fitness centers or aquatics centers. 

It's strictly golf and the clubhouse where you can find a card game, chess or checkers at any time.

I have a membership at the city owned public muni which is $60 per month for walking only. You can purchase a full membership that includes carts anytime for $120 a month. And because I paid cash up front for the year, the club gave me the 13th month for free.

In addition to the 18-hole course, the city also owns another 9-hole muni that I can play as well.

There are no frills with this membership. It’s just golf. No pool, no tennis, no restaurant or any of that other stuff you get at a private club. But I don’t care because having the option of two different courses for $60 a month is a great deal for me. Just last week I walked the 9-hole muni 3 days after work and played 36 holes at the 18-hole course on Saturday. I played more golf in one week then what my $60 would have cost me if I paid everytime I played.

I’ve looked into memberships at all of the private clubs in town and they all would cost me at least $500 a month when you factor in the cart fees and food and beverage minimums. One course wants to charge you $20 for cart everytime you play, or you can pay a “trail fee” if you want to walk that is $10. I mean, seriously? What the heck is the membership fee for then?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I have 4 courses within a 15 mile radius of my house.  If I adjust that to 30 miles it jumps to 7 courses.  The one I pay a membership to is $257 a year including tax.  I have my own cart so I don't have to pay for that.  I do find that I will get out to one of the other course at least once a month but that is never more than $40 even if the course charges a trail fee.  The other courses around me are anywhere from $300-750 a year for membership but none of the 7 have any amenities other than golf, range, and clubhouse.  I only make $50k a year so I am forced to try to keep it as cheap as possible or my wife may try to pull the plug on golfing every men's night and weekend.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

My annual membership is less than twice Sluggo's monthly membership. I pay AUD1500 per year, about US$1100. If playing in a competition, it's AUD8, of which I'd get at least 1/3 back. Unlimited golf, except for occasional days where the course is unavailable. Practice facilities are ok, get discounts on lessons. Cart hire is extra, but I walk anyway. If courses charges people to walk in Australia, there would be rioting!

All this on a course that is ranked 68th in Australia, and plays differently most days due to differences in wind strength and direction.

https://curlewisgolf.com.au/pages/first

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Or I can play this trac for $40 cart incl.

41DF801B-72A3-4CDD-B404-FE53BF326BB2.jpeg

It’s a muni up in Ojai, California 

Soule Park , it is in fantastic shape considering the drought we’re in. Greens were kind of hard and fast, fairways were really sweet.

only problem is it took a good 45 minutes to get there...

I did the math and the public courses near me have membership costs that equal roughly 40 - 50 weekend greens fees for 18 holes and a cart. One or two had additional benefits, like a pool or gym, but mostly they're golf and clubhouse bar. As I'm not getting 45 rounds of 18 in anytime soon, I pay greens fees and rotate among a few of them.

Private clubs close enough to play regularly have initiation fees of 15k+ (most expensive quote I was given was 75k and required a sponsor) on top of 500+/month membership fee and a quarterly food minimum. I can't justify that cost. During the recession in the late 2000s a few of them opened to semi public and ran tiered pricing for the 20-39 crowd at much more reasonable rates, like 3-5k initiation and 300-500 a month. Those have long sailed unfortunately. For the quality some of those courses maintain I'd consider it.

I'll be paying greens fees for the foreseeable future.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Archived