Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Pros in their 40's start to lose clubhead speed.  Phil will be 49 on Father's Day and his clubhead speed has increased 4 mph to 122 mph.  Thank you SuperSpeed Golf!!

has Phil been using the SuperSpeed golf weight system??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

has Phil been using the SuperSpeed golf weight system??

Yes.  Did you see him at Pebble?  Standing on the tee doing fast swings left and right handed?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yes.  Did you see him at Pebble?  Standing on the tee doing fast swings left and right handed?

 

I did not see him doing that one. Must be paying off. Noticed it was a SuperSpeed insta account and i do not currently follow them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My swing thought is "slower for longer"

Eventually, I want to get to a high MPH when I'm making contact with the ball (agreeing with @revkev), but when I'm in a rush to do that my sequence gets screwed up. Steep, early release swings and the resulting hooks ensue. If I can stay slower and controlled all the way to the top, 90% of my work is done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

My swing thought is "slower for longer"

Eventually, I want to get to a high MPH when I'm making contact with the ball (agreeing with @revkev), but when I'm in a rush to do that my sequence gets screwed up. Steep, early release swings and the resulting hooks ensue. If I can stay slower and controlled all the way to the top, 90% of my work is done.

Sequencing is very important - you have to do what you have to do to make sure that yours stays proper - After 20 weeks there is a protocol that SuperSpeed puts in for sequencing - its the one that we saw Phil using at Pebble although he was doing the standing version of it. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My dad always yelled at me “tempo: 1-2-3 back 1-2 through.” And 80% swing is 100% distance.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I think "swing easy" I think about swinging with no tension, not swinging slowly. "Easy" as in, "this swing feels effortless and easy".

I think too many golfers misinterpret "Easy" as "Slow". 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

When I think "swing easy" I think about swinging with no tension, not swinging slowly. "Easy" as in, "this swing feels effortless and easy".

I think too many golfers misinterpret "Easy" as "Slow". 

Yep and vice versa faster mean harder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...