12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Pros in their 40's start to lose clubhead speed.  Phil will be 49 on Father's Day and his clubhead speed has increased 4 mph to 122 mph.  Thank you SuperSpeed Golf!!

has Phil been using the SuperSpeed golf weight system??

6 minutes ago, JonMUSC08 said:

has Phil been using the SuperSpeed golf weight system??

Yes.  Did you see him at Pebble?  Standing on the tee doing fast swings left and right handed?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Yes.  Did you see him at Pebble?  Standing on the tee doing fast swings left and right handed?

I did not see him doing that one. Must be paying off. Noticed it was a SuperSpeed insta account and i do not currently follow them.

My swing thought is "slower for longer"

Eventually, I want to get to a high MPH when I'm making contact with the ball (agreeing with @revkev), but when I'm in a rush to do that my sequence gets screwed up. Steep, early release swings and the resulting hooks ensue. If I can stay slower and controlled all the way to the top, 90% of my work is done.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, hartrick11 said:

My swing thought is "slower for longer"

Eventually, I want to get to a high MPH when I'm making contact with the ball (agreeing with @revkev), but when I'm in a rush to do that my sequence gets screwed up. Steep, early release swings and the resulting hooks ensue. If I can stay slower and controlled all the way to the top, 90% of my work is done.

Sequencing is very important - you have to do what you have to do to make sure that yours stays proper - After 20 weeks there is a protocol that SuperSpeed puts in for sequencing - its the one that we saw Phil using at Pebble although he was doing the standing version of it. 

• Like 2

My dad always yelled at me “tempo: 1-2-3 back 1-2 through.” And 80% swing is 100% distance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I think "swing easy" I think about swinging with no tension, not swinging slowly. "Easy" as in, "this swing feels effortless and easy".

I think too many golfers misinterpret "Easy" as "Slow". 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

When I think "swing easy" I think about swinging with no tension, not swinging slowly. "Easy" as in, "this swing feels effortless and easy".

I think too many golfers misinterpret "Easy" as "Slow". 

Yep and vice versa faster mean harder.