https://mygolfspy.com/video-putter-tech-the-evolution-of-the-groove/

really enjoyed this interview. Lots of good personal stories, and also lots of great nerdy discussion of putter technology. If you love putters (and they without question my favorite club), you'll want to carve out the time to watch this.

• Like 5

When I get home from the course I will have to watch this

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Listening to people who are really passionate about a topic is always such a treat. I know little to nothing about putters but I could listen to these two talk about them all day.

• Like 1

Adam must be looking at my search history.  Last week I was looking for info about Guerin and his design history, then bam this video drops today.  This has the making for an awesome series!

• Like 1

I enjoyed the video and look forward to part 2.  

I have seen several videos about the Evnroll putters and their development on Youtube.  The background/history provided in this video was a great addition.

On several of the videos, this one included, GR mentions "low hanging fruit" designs.  From a business perspective, common designs are an absolute necessity for sales.  Still, I'd like to see what GR could design if sales weren't the driving factor--what totally out of the box, high performance all tech marvel could he come up with?   

• Like 2

Finally watched it that was a great video and a ton of info.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I enjoyed the video and look forward to part 2.  

I have seen several videos about the Evnroll putters and their development on Youtube.  The background/history provided in this video was a great addition.

On several of the videos, this one included, GR mentions "low hanging fruit" designs.  From a business perspective, common designs are an absolute necessity for sales.  Still, I'd like to see what GR could design if sales weren't the driving factor--what totally out of the box, high performance all tech marvel could he come up with?   
Wouldn't the ER9 be something like what you're describing? It isn't an outlandish shape, to be sure, but it clearly is a function-before-form design.
  • Like 3

Wouldn't the ER9 be something like what you're describing? It isn't an outlandish shape, to be sure, but it clearly is a function-before-form design.

I would also add his design for 2019...that I discussed a little bit in the Evnroll thread
  • Like 1

Cool video and history about putter developments.  Also to know Adam and that he owns MGS (did not know that).  It would interesting to hear his personal background and story line in the golf industry; video mentions he's been into putters and their design for a long time.  How long, what putters did he market, work as an independent and/or with any companies, how did MGS evolve and his part in it, etc.?  Maybe their's other videos or blogs with this information that I just haven't stumbled onto yet?  If you know of them, please provide link.  Thanks

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Cool video and history about putter developments.  Also to know Adam and that he owns MGS (did not know that).  It would interesting to hear his personal background and story line in the golf industry; video mentions he's been into putters and their design for a long time.  How long, what putters did he market, work as an independent and/or with any companies, how did MGS evolve and his part in it, etc.?  Maybe their's other videos or blogs with this information that I just haven't stumbled onto yet?  If you know of them, please provide link.  Thanks

There was some video about Adam in the blog last year. I included them for you.

https://mygolfspy.com/i-dont-know-any-other-way-the-adam-beach-story-part-1/

https://mygolfspy.com/adam-beach-mygolfspy-truegolffit/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

Good stuff, thanks.  I found the "Where is the Line" particularly interesting.  Now I need to check into this TrueGolfFit thingy.  It might be a nice cross-check against the fitting I just had this summer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Did anyone notice the oval shaped Nike putter? Man that was ugly

But wow. what a collection.

It is definitely a nice collection with lots of one offs and unique designs.  I have been fortunate to be able to try a bunch of those putters while I am there doing most wanted testing.    

• Like 2