Hurricane Michael - GO AWAY!

Our Sponsors

Amazing the garbage tote was left unscathed.   Pictures probably not telling the whole story, but looks like you're immediate area is OK.

Garbage tote was in my garage during the storm. Some of my neighbors didn’t fare as well

IMG_2318.JPGIMG_2326.JPG

I took a bunch more, but basically there are trees down all over.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS
And still raining extremely hard!
BRCC.thumb.jpg.4dfa646cccb922086efb73d570ea3bc5.jpg
BRCC2.thumb.jpg.87579b9aa3ef224583b978e3f36067a7.jpg
BRCC3.thumb.jpg.e56c9a252a095b4bdc174d7a206e70c6.jpg

WOW, that’s a lot of water...

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Garbage tote was in my garage during the storm. Some of my neighbors didn’t fare as well

IMG_2318.thumb.JPG.8d42666e31ffcf3e63563efb126cf0f1.JPGIMG_2326.thumb.JPG.6808fdfc713ccd357013994589f2e96f.JPG

I took a bunch more, but basically there are trees down all over.

One nasty storm, glad you guys are OK!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Hey Sixcat, where’s the golf course located?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

2 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Hey Sixcat, where’s the golf course located?

Sorry, I've been snaking the floor drain in my basement.  Yep, backed up all over everything!  We've gotten 22 inches of rain since September 9th.

Blue Ridge Country Club just northeast of Galax, Virginia.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Blue+Ridge+Country+Club/@36.7118552,-80.8592123,552m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8851f6f35f9f5ef3:0x7c3c6bfe5eee8d96!8m2!3d36.712039!4d-80.859416

• Like 1
Sorry, I've been snaking the floor drain in my basement.  Yep, backed up all over everything!  We've gotten 22 inches of rain since September 9th.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Blue+Ridge+Country+Club/@36.7118552,-80.8592123,552m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8851f6f35f9f5ef3:0x7c3c6bfe5eee8d96!8m2!3d36.712039!4d-80.859416

Wow that's a lot of rain. For us it equals about 7 months of rain.

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Over 90% of Tallahassee is without power. Panama City is completely destroyed. There are a few businesses reopening, but we’ll be spending a 2nd night in the dark here.

The saving grace in this is that the house is fine and the weather is turning cooler as I type this.

I have a video I took during the storm that doesn’t do the intensity of this storm justice, as we were well to the east of the center. But when I heard the wind, it sounded like a freight train when the gusts were higher. Imagine that intensity for hours if you were near the center.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sixcat said:

2 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Wow that's a lot of rain. For us it equals about 7 months of rain.

Wow!  That's a lot of rain.  For us it equals 3 years of rain.

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Over 90% of Tallahassee is without power. Panama City is completely destroyed. There are a few businesses reopening, but we’ll be spending a 2nd night in the dark here.

The saving grace in this is that the house is fine and the weather is turning cooler as I type this.

I have a video I took during the storm that doesn’t do the intensity of this storm justice, as we were well to the east of the center. But when I heard the wind, it sounded like a freight train when the gusts were higher. Imagine that intensity for hours if you were near the center.

You guys got hammered, glad you’re OK!

• Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

Glad you’re okay. Stay safe.

• Like 1

We had lots of people out for a week plus after Irma GSwag - hang in there - you as well Sixcat - this was some storm.

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Storm came through my area last night. Seemed like mostly wind, From what I could Lots of branches down. List power in the middle of the night and still not back on. Many of the regional schools are closed or delayed.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

This is somewhat of an update to this, and I'll preface these remarks with saying that I lived in Miami during Hurricane Andrew in '92, and had friends lose everything during that storm. So this is not my first rodeo with Florida and hurricanes. For what it's worth, Tallahassee has either been hit or brushed by 3 hurricanes in the past 3 years, so this is getting tiring and it mentally unnerves you to your core.

I'll also say that we got power back on Saturday, which means we were without power for 3 days. After seeing what I saw with my own eyes today, if that's as bad as it was for me, I'm extremely lucky.

I had a golf tournament today in Navarre, FL, which is just outside of Pensacola. I had to travel west on I-10 very early this morning, and it was still dark when I was driving through the heaviest hit areas that were hit by Hurricane Michael. But what I saw this afternoon on my way home simply is beyond words. West of where the eye wall of this storm went through, it literally looked like someone had grabbed a bunch of 50 foot tall pine trees and shredded them. Trees uprooted; trees shredded in half. There were some trees where they had cracked in half, but a majority of the trees I saw were actually split in two and the strength of this storm literally threw these trees like a javelin God knows how far. The pattern of destruction was all from winds coming from the north, as a ton of these trees were laying to the south.

Every single billboard along the highway was destroyed. It looked like someone had ran them through a paper shredder. Metal exit signs for interstate exits were cut in half at the base. Guys, THESE ARE STEEL signs!!!! The best way of describing this is that it looked like someone took a chainsaw to a 50 mile wide section of trees and just swung the chain saw back and forth about 50 times. I've never seen so many trees literally ripped to shreds.

Amazingly, not a single palm tree was damaged. But pine and oak trees were just simply shredded. Also amazing is that cell towers and 100 ft steel light poles along interstate exits stood undamaged. How I don't know, but they withstood the storm.

Without actually looking at the mileage, I-10 is roughly 20-30 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico, depending on where you are. If the interstate looks this bad, I can't even imagine what it looks like on the coast. Anyone living in the path of this storm has had their life completely destroyed. There is nothing left for them, and there is nowhere for them to go, or turn for help. I am hearing of people who haven't eaten since last Tuesday and they have no where to turn for help. I'm sitting here in Tallahassee, where the worst damage we got were some downed trees and power lines. We had church in the dark yesterday, and there are many of my friends who are still without power, nearly a week later. But man, I'm telling you, this is nothing. I am sitting here just wondering what Tallahassee would have looked like if this storm had turned about 50 miles eastward sooner and had a direct hit on this town. There would be nothing left here either, and that storm would have shredded this town without even trying. But yet I hear people locally here who are just dealing with no power for a few days, and the pettyness of some people astonishes me. One guy complaining on Friday because he hadn't had a cup of coffee for two days. Well boo freaking hoo pal!

I've honestly got nothing to complain about. Minor tree damage in my neighborhood, and a few days without power. I consider myself extremely fortunate that we were spared the brunt of this incredibly powerful storm.

• Like 2

Thoughts and prayers from my little rock in the Pacific! 🙏 I am still so grateful that these hurricanes keep missing us. Just seems like it's only a matter of time, and I'm not sure how we would hold up against that type of force.

• Like 1

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue 6S

3w/5w: :callaway-small: XR16 Fujikura Speeder Evo 565 S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX 4 50.10 | 54.10 | 58.09 Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

This is somewhat of an update to this, and I'll preface these remarks with saying that I lived in Miami during Hurricane Andrew in '92, and had friends lose everything during that storm. So this is not my first rodeo with Florida and hurricanes. For what it's worth, Tallahassee has either been hit or brushed by 3 hurricanes in the past 3 years, so this is getting tiring and it mentally unnerves you to your core.

I'll also say that we got power back on Saturday, which means we were without power for 3 days. After seeing what I saw with my own eyes today, if that's as bad as it was for me, I'm extremely lucky.

I had a golf tournament today in Navarre, FL, which is just outside of Pensacola. I had to travel west on I-10 very early this morning, and it was still dark when I was driving through the heaviest hit areas that were hit by Hurricane Michael. But what I saw this afternoon on my way home simply is beyond words. West of where the eye wall of this storm went through, it literally looked like someone had grabbed a bunch of 50 foot tall pine trees and shredded them. Trees uprooted; trees shredded in half. There were some trees where they had cracked in half, but a majority of the trees I saw were actually split in two and the strength of this storm literally threw these trees like a javelin God knows how far. The pattern of destruction was all from winds coming from the north, as a ton of these trees were laying to the south.

Every single billboard along the highway was destroyed. It looked like someone had ran them through a paper shredder. Metal exit signs for interstate exits were cut in half at the base. Guys, THESE ARE STEEL signs!!!! The best way of describing this is that it looked like someone took a chainsaw to a 50 mile wide section of trees and just swung the chain saw back and forth about 50 times. I've never seen so many trees literally ripped to shreds.

Amazingly, not a single palm tree was damaged. But pine and oak trees were just simply shredded. Also amazing is that cell towers and 100 ft steel light poles along interstate exits stood undamaged. How I don't know, but they withstood the storm.

Without actually looking at the mileage, I-10 is roughly 20-30 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico, depending on where you are. If the interstate looks this bad, I can't even imagine what it looks like on the coast. Anyone living in the path of this storm has had their life completely destroyed. There is nothing left for them, and there is nowhere for them to go, or turn for help. I am hearing of people who haven't eaten since last Tuesday and they have no where to turn for help. I'm sitting here in Tallahassee, where the worst damage we got were some downed trees and power lines. We had church in the dark yesterday, and there are many of my friends who are still without power, nearly a week later. But man, I'm telling you, this is nothing. I am sitting here just wondering what Tallahassee would have looked like if this storm had turned about 50 miles eastward sooner and had a direct hit on this town. There would be nothing left here either, and that storm would have shredded this town without even trying. But yet I hear people locally here who are just dealing with no power for a few days, and the pettyness of some people astonishes me. One guy complaining on Friday because he hadn't had a cup of coffee for two days. Well boo freaking hoo pal!

I've honestly got nothing to complain about. Minor tree damage in my neighborhood, and a few days without power. I consider myself extremely fortunate that we were spared the brunt of this incredibly powerful storm.

Thank you for your comments. I can't imagine that type of destruction over such a wide area. In the Midwest we have isolated tornados and while they are destructive and lives have been lost they are nowhere on the scale of the Hurricanes over the past several years. I hope we get to hear some good news coming out of this area shortly - especially about people being found uninjured

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD