Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Florida Golf Suggestions

Wedgie

My boss will be over here from Switzerland and he wants to play golf in Florida with me a week after I get back from my Florida dude golf trip. I’ve played with him before and I’d say he’s about a 20-25 handicap but plays fast and is fun so no big deal.

Anyway I’m looking for a place to go with him for a couple of days that may have a hotel and golf course so we aren’t driving all over. It would be nice if there are direct flights from Atlanta since we will be there prior.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

When? And do you have a preference for where and how much?

PGA National in Palm Beach is great, PGA Village in Port St Lucie is an absolute steal (both close to Palm Beach Airport). Doral is expensive as is Sawgrass but they are close to airports. Innisbrook is close to Tampa. PGA Village in St Augustine is moderately priced and fairly close to Jacksonville.

Then there’s Orlando - too many to mention - Streamsong is about a 45 minute drive from Tampa, pricey but the new it place.

That’s enough to get you started but there are tons more. It really depends on what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Florida is a pretty vague destination.  You can fly into anywhere from Jacksonville, to Orlando, to Fort Lauderdale, to Miami, to Tampa, etc.

It also depends on your budget as well.  Based on nothing more than "Florida", if I had one choice, I'd fly into Orlando, and hit up as many courses as you want in that area.  We're getting into the season here, as it's getting colder elsewhere, so you can still find some deals, but you'll probably be paying a bit more.

If it were me, and money was not really a hindrance, I'd target Grand Cypress resort  You can fly into Orlando, and stay at this place and have all the golf you will need or want to play all in one place.

Orlando has direct flights to anywhere, and they are definitely set up for what you are suggesting.  JAX is way north of St Augustine, so you'd have to drive quite a bit to get to some serious golf.  FLL and MIA are a bit better, but having lived in South Florida for many years, we used to drive to Orlando or Tampa for better golf.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

When? And do you have a preference for where and how much?

PGA National in Palm Beach is great, PGA Village in Port St Lucie is an absolute steal (both close to Palm Beach Airport). Doral is expensive as is Sawgrass but they are close to airports. Innisbrook is close to Tampa. PGA Village in St Augustine is moderately priced and fairly close to Jacksonville.

Then there’s Orlando - too many to mention - Streamsong is about a 45 minute drive from Tampa, pricey but the new it place.

That’s enough to get you started but there are tons more. It really depends on what you want.

Thanks Rev! I’ll be at the PGA Village the week before so I’d like to go somewhere else. We are looking at second weekend of November. Price isn’t an issue, he’s rich and he’s buying.

I’ll look into these suggestions.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Florida is a pretty vague destination.  You can fly into anywhere from Jacksonville, to Orlando, to Fort Lauderdale, to Miami, to Tampa, etc.
It also depends on your budget as well.  Based on nothing more than "Florida", if I had one choice, I'd fly into Orlando, and hit up as many courses as you want in that area.  We're getting into the season here, as it's getting colder elsewhere, so you can still find some deals, but you'll probably be paying a bit more.
If it were me, and money was not really a hindrance, I'd target Grand Cypress resort  You can fly into Orlando, and stay at this place and have all the golf you will need or want to play all in one place.
Orlando has direct flights to anywhere, and they are definitely set up for what you are suggesting.  JAX is way north of St Augustine, so you'd have to drive quite a bit to get to some serious golf.  FLL and MIA are a bit better, but having lived in South Florida for many years, we used to drive to Orlando or Tampa for better golf.

Thank you...my first thought was Orlando but this narrows it down for me.

Wedgie

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Palm Beach County has some great courses. I lived there from 2003-2011 and worked as a club pro for 3 of those years.

For public courses in Northern palm beach county you have

-Abacoa Golf Club (beautiful and affordable)
-North Palm Beach GC (Nicklaus design that has some holes along the intracoastal)
-PGA National is a factory. I’ve only played the Champ and it was ok

Drive 30 minutes north to Stuart and you have
-Hammock Creek
-Champions club at Summerfield
-the Florida Club

Good luck, PM me if you have any other questions.
-

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Archived