TESTERS WANTED! ×

What was your widest range of scores on a single round?

CHY

Well, lower scores are better in golf, so best golfers, like pros, would usually shoot birdies and pars in their rounds.

Some of my better playing friends would often have pars and bogeys in their score card, and I’ve done it only few times.

For me, I more often hit a birdie and then hit a double par in the next hole.

So, in the past, my best(?) mix was from birdie to quadruple bogey, -1,0,1,2,3,4 in a single score card.

Then yesterday, I shot an eagle on a 479 yard par 5. My third shot was from about 103 yards, and it just went into the hole after it landed on the green. It was hole 12 of Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Course.

I might just post about my eagle if it were my average day, but yesterday was one of my worst days on the course, so after finishing 18 holes, I have -2,-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on my score card.

This doesn’t have any significance in golf, but I think this is still very unique experience, what do you think?

IMG_6178.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I played in a 36 hole event about 18 years ago, and the wind was blowing about 35mph+.  My card had every number on it from 1-9. I made my only ace that day, and also birdied a par 3. I also made a few "others" due to the conditions..  I should have kept the card.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Congrats on the eagle.

The other day I had a 3 on a par 3, and then triple bogeyed a par 4, as well as having a double bogey on a par 5, so anything from a 3 to a 7 on the card.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

We'll I'm testing this"new" golf ball, and will get back to you on whether it helps that spread, or hurts

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I think I had a round with 2-10. 

It was, uhh, not a good round. I put two on the water on a par 5 and then two in the water on a par 4 for the 9 and 10. I think I ended up shooting 92. I had a lot of Birdies but the two quintuples derailed the round. 

If if you didn't have to have all of the numbers in between, it would be a 2 and a 15. It was one of my first times playing a regulation golf course. I couldn't for the life of me get over the pond in front of the par 5. I eventually hacked AROUND the pond and ended up with a 15. 

And I made a lucky birdie on a par 3. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I played in a 36 hole event about 18 years ago, and the wind was blowing about 35mph+.  My card had every number on it from 1-9. I made my only ace that day, and also birdied a par 3. I also made a few "others" due to the conditions..  I should have kept the card.

Wow. Mine translates to 3 to 9 only. Ace with wind that strong! Amazing.

Congrats on the eagle.
The other day I had a 3 on a par 3, and then triple bogeyed a par 4, as well as having a double bogey on a par 5, so anything from a 3 to a 7 on the card.

Thanks. 3 to 7 sounds like my usual numbers too.

28 minutes ago, CHY said:

Thanks. 3 to 7 sounds like my usual numbers too.

Yeah, my usual numbers are 3-6 with an occasional 2 or rare 7. I don't make many bogies but I really need to work on making birdies. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3-12...!😳

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hmm I've had a birdie on a par 4 and a 10 on a par 5 in the same round... water on both sides of the landing area that is only 50 yards wide use to scare me big time and I put 2 into the water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 and 10, that’s really a big difference over two holes..

Well the same 18-hole round consisted of everything from a 2 to a 9.  The day started amazing with birdie on the second hole and a 37 on the front nine.  I then proceeded to shoot a 55 on the back 9 for a 92.  At the time I have never broke 80 before and after the 37 on the front it was in my head and the nerves got to me.  After a few bad holes my confidence was gone as was my game.  There were a few holes I barely made it off the tee box!  A day I would like to forget for sure.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Just now, blackngold_blood said:

Well the same 18-hole round consisted of everything from a 2 to a 9.  The day started amazing with birdie on the second hole and a 37 on the front nine.  I then proceeded to shoot a 55 on the back 9 for a 92.  At the time I have never broke 80 before and after the 37 on the front it was in my head and the nerves got to me.  After a few bad holes my confidence was gone as was my game.  There were a few holes I barely made it off the tee box!  A day I would like to forget for sure.

Almost forgot to mention this course has no water or sand.  Just trees and o.b. on the perimeter of the course!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Not sure of individual holes but did shoot 77 in a tournament with a 47-30 split. I was a bit under the weather from a late night and started my round with three quads until I righted the ship. Actually birdied 8 and 9 to post the respectable 47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I think I had a round with 2-10. 
It was, uhh, not a good round. I put two on the water on a par 5 and then two in the water on a par 4 for the 9 and 10. I think I ended up shooting 92. I had a lot of Birdies but the two quintuples derailed the round. 

If if you didn't have to have all of the numbers in between, it would be a 2 and a 15. It was one of my first times playing a regulation golf course. I couldn't for the life of me get over the pond in front of the par 5. I eventually hacked AROUND the pond and ended up with a 15. 
And I made a lucky birdie on a par 3. 

Wow. We all have bad days, I guess..

Not sure of individual holes but did shoot 77 in a tournament with a 47-30 split. I was a bit under the weather from a late night and started my round with three quads until I righted the ship. Actually birdied 8 and 9 to post the respectable 47.

30! Wow... 47-30 must feel nice, definitely better than 30-47..

30! Wow... 47-30 must feel nice, definitely better than 30-47..

The 30 was nice, not so much on the 47.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

My first ever officially scored round I started 4,3,7,9,10.  I had everything from birdie to septruple bogey (7 over). My Split was 60/42. I think that's the only 10 I've had.

Thankfully things have improved since then.

Another round at the same course years later I had an eagle followed by a quad.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

I think I've had from a birdie 2 up to a 13 :D

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I have had some crazy rounds over the years. One time in a Mini Tour event at my home course our 17th hole a par 3 was playing about 230 over water with a stiff Ocean breeze dead in my face. I tried to hit a high cut driver. I nutted it about the time the wind died down. Ended up in the maintenance yard. We had to get a ruling and I was not OB. Would have been better off if it had been OB or lost because I could have re teed and hit it right to the peninsula and maybe made a 5 or 6 at worst instead of the 10 I ended up making. Cost me the tournament. Funny thing I did birdie the 18th which is a pretty difficult hole. Did win a skin on 18  from the side skins pot which offset the money loss some. Last fall playing another course here called Blackmoor I made 8 birdies and shot 80 no joke I think the way it went I had maybe 1 par the whole day. This can be one crazy game especially the way I sometimes play it

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

3-10 on the same card.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I've had a couple fun one's. Either last season or the one before, I had a solid round going with a birdie, a couple pars, and a few bogies until I went +5 on #11.

This season while playing a nearby muni, I went +3 on #2 and -2 on #3!

Golf is just one of those games...
IMG_3429.PNGIMG_3428.PNG

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

The range usually goes way up if I don't warm up before the round, usually in the -1 to 6 spread.

The other day I started with a 10 on hole 1 and proceeded to birdie hole 2. First Tee time + No range had me very stiff for the first few swings.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

Earlier this season (one of my first rounds with the i210) I had a eagle on 1, par 5 about 500 yards. Went driver 3 wood to about 3 feet. I started on hole 12. But also have a quad thrown in there on 14 where I tried to play it safe and it just all went to downwards after putting it into a hazard, then finding it and chipping across the fairway, then onto cart path, then bunker followed by out of the bunker and finally a two putt to finish.
Had a few other birdies that round with a few more double bogeys and in the end was a 79. Most up and down round I've ever had.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

A couple years ago I shot a 43/33:76, with 5 birdies on the back nine......

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived