What was your widest range of scores on a single round?

Our Sponsors

Well, lower scores are better in golf, so best golfers, like pros, would usually shoot birdies and pars in their rounds.

Some of my better playing friends would often have pars and bogeys in their score card, and I’ve done it only few times.

For me, I more often hit a birdie and then hit a double par in the next hole.

So, in the past, my best(?) mix was from birdie to quadruple bogey, -1,0,1,2,3,4 in a single score card.

Then yesterday, I shot an eagle on a 479 yard par 5. My third shot was from about 103 yards, and it just went into the hole after it landed on the green. It was hole 12 of Rancho Bernardo Inn Golf Course.

I might just post about my eagle if it were my average day, but yesterday was one of my worst days on the course, so after finishing 18 holes, I have -2,-1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on my score card.

This doesn’t have any significance in golf, but I think this is still very unique experience, what do you think?

IMG_6178.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I played in a 36 hole event about 18 years ago, and the wind was blowing about 35mph+.  My card had every number on it from 1-9. I made my only ace that day, and also birdied a par 3. I also made a few "others" due to the conditions..  I should have kept the card.

• Like 3

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Congrats on the eagle.

The other day I had a 3 on a par 3, and then triple bogeyed a par 4, as well as having a double bogey on a par 5, so anything from a 3 to a 7 on the card.

• Like 1
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver, 3 Fairway
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Irons - 18° & 21°
  • :Hogan: Ft. Worth Hi Utility Iron - 24°
  • :callaway-small: Forged Razr X 6-A Wedge irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 54° & 58°
  • :ping-small: Sigma2 Tyne Putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:NX7 Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

We'll I'm testing this"new" golf ball, and will get back to you on whether it helps that spread, or hurts

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:titelist-small:                          980F 3 Wood

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

Upswing                   60* wedge

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Hmm I've had a birdie on a par 4 and a 10 on a par 5 in the same round... water on both sides of the landing area that is only 50 yards wide use to scare me big time and I put 2 into the water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think I had a round with 2-10. 

It was, uhh, not a good round. I put two on the water on a par 5 and then two in the water on a par 4 for the 9 and 10. I think I ended up shooting 92. I had a lot of Birdies but the two quintuples derailed the round. 

If if you didn't have to have all of the numbers in between, it would be a 2 and a 15. It was one of my first times playing a regulation golf course. I couldn't for the life of me get over the pond in front of the par 5. I eventually hacked AROUND the pond and ended up with a 15. 

And I made a lucky birdie on a par 3. 

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I played in a 36 hole event about 18 years ago, and the wind was blowing about 35mph+.  My card had every number on it from 1-9. I made my only ace that day, and also birdied a par 3. I also made a few "others" due to the conditions..  I should have kept the card.

Wow. Mine translates to 3 to 9 only. Ace with wind that strong! Amazing.

Congrats on the eagle.
The other day I had a 3 on a par 3, and then triple bogeyed a par 4, as well as having a double bogey on a par 5, so anything from a 3 to a 7 on the card.

Thanks. 3 to 7 sounds like my usual numbers too.

28 minutes ago, CHY said:

Thanks. 3 to 7 sounds like my usual numbers too.

Yeah, my usual numbers are 3-6 with an occasional 2 or rare 7. I don't make many bogies but I really need to work on making birdies. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

3-12...!😳

• Like 3

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Hmm I've had a birdie on a par 4 and a 10 on a par 5 in the same round... water on both sides of the landing area that is only 50 yards wide use to scare me big time and I put 2 into the water.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3 and 10, that’s really a big difference over two holes..

Well the same 18-hole round consisted of everything from a 2 to a 9.  The day started amazing with birdie on the second hole and a 37 on the front nine.  I then proceeded to shoot a 55 on the back 9 for a 92.  At the time I have never broke 80 before and after the 37 on the front it was in my head and the nerves got to me.  After a few bad holes my confidence was gone as was my game.  There were a few holes I barely made it off the tee box!  A day I would like to forget for sure.

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Just now, blackngold_blood said:

Well the same 18-hole round consisted of everything from a 2 to a 9.  The day started amazing with birdie on the second hole and a 37 on the front nine.  I then proceeded to shoot a 55 on the back 9 for a 92.  At the time I have never broke 80 before and after the 37 on the front it was in my head and the nerves got to me.  After a few bad holes my confidence was gone as was my game.  There were a few holes I barely made it off the tee box!  A day I would like to forget for sure.

Almost forgot to mention this course has no water or sand.  Just trees and o.b. on the perimeter of the course!

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

Not sure of individual holes but did shoot 77 in a tournament with a 47-30 split. I was a bit under the weather from a late night and started my round with three quads until I righted the ship. Actually birdied 8 and 9 to post the respectable 47.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:rife-putters-1: Two Bar Blade Long 47"

I think I had a round with 2-10. 
It was, uhh, not a good round. I put two on the water on a par 5 and then two in the water on a par 4 for the 9 and 10. I think I ended up shooting 92. I had a lot of Birdies but the two quintuples derailed the round. 

If if you didn't have to have all of the numbers in between, it would be a 2 and a 15. It was one of my first times playing a regulation golf course. I couldn't for the life of me get over the pond in front of the par 5. I eventually hacked AROUND the pond and ended up with a 15. 
And I made a lucky birdie on a par 3. 

Wow. We all have bad days, I guess..

• Like 1
Not sure of individual holes but did shoot 77 in a tournament with a 47-30 split. I was a bit under the weather from a late night and started my round with three quads until I righted the ship. Actually birdied 8 and 9 to post the respectable 47.

30! Wow... 47-30 must feel nice, definitely better than 30-47..

• Like 1

30! Wow... 47-30 must feel nice, definitely better than 30-47..

The 30 was nice, not so much on the 47.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2020

PXG 0811XF Gen 2 10.5* (set at 9*) AD VR 6x

PXG 0341X Gen 2 15* AD TP 7x

PXG 0317X Gen 2 19* KBS Proto 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 4-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400