Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

NHL

tommc23

6 hours ago, Lacassem said:

How’s everyone feel about this Mike Millbury canning?
I personally think this while PC thing is getting crazy and I’ll leave it at that.

What a great analyst he is or I guess was. Not just because he played for the Bs.

I hated listening to him he was very biased toward the way it was when he played and you could tell he hated how skilled things are now. He was also comparing everything to the Bruins whether they played or not.

5 hours ago, bens197 said:

He was a terrible GM and followed that act with his embarrassing rendition of a TV analyst. I never cared for him or JR. 

Nothing will ever top Gary Thorne, Bill Clement and Steve Levy on ESPN playoff coverage. 

Clement does the flyers games and I enjoy it a lot he brings up things from older games and knows how to compare or bring it to today's knowledge or age groups.

11 hours ago, tommc23 said:

Flyers down 3-1 and so are the Aves two teams I had going to the cup. I'm 0 for 3 on my playoff bets I set at the mid point of the season.

As a flyers fan they look flat and out played

A lot of times in that game the Flyers were chasing after the puck in their zone and always seemed a step behind.....two steps behind Barzal...I kept waiting for somebody to put a body on him but it never happened.  The other frustrating thing watching it was the many times the Flyers didn't have somebody in front of the net on offense.  The goals they scored had somebody there but it seemed too many other chances the third forward was too far out from the net or toward the boards...especially the second period.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Crazy all the series moving to 3 - 1, very unfortunate as a Bruins fan. I have no idea why they are keeping Nick Ritchie in the line up. With the year on the line the guy take 2 bad penalties and just does not have enough skill to be on a line with Coyle. Tampa is a better team for sure so it was going to be a tough series but the mistakes have just been killer. Would have loved it to be more competitive. 

Also that Dallas and Aves series has been quite the goal scoring affair, not too much defense. Little late to the game but assuming all the 3 - 1  leads convert I would take Vegas and Tampa in the finals with Tampa taking the cup, but no saying it I am guaranteeing it won't happen.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

Yeah the Bruins have been outclassed since Game 1. If Tuukka was still here, I think it would be the same. Disappointing, but with an older core you can tell the layoff isn't helping their legs.

Re: Milbury & JR - they were great hockey players. I'll leave it at that.

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

4 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Yeah the Bruins have been outclassed since Game 1. If Tuukka was still here, I think it would be the same. Disappointing, but with an older core you can tell the layoff isn't helping their legs.

Re: Milbury & JR - they were great hockey players. I'll leave it at that.

I think this may be it for Tukka

9 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

What a career; and for one team in this era is unthinkable.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P, follow along!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

52 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I hope not, but if he retires I think Halak will spend next season with Vladar as backup with either Swayman or Keyser getting a huge amount of starts in Providence to get them ready. Guaranteed if he does retire, the Boo Hoo Tuukka Crew will be out in full force exclaiming what a great goalie he was, how they never wanted him to leave, etc when all the did was crap all over him while he was playing.

Hopefully....maybe.... possibly the OT win and the first line waking up and scoring will give them a boost and take game 6.  

I couldn't believe the 2 late goals....  It's probably my fault I jinxed them....I had just sent a couple gloat text's to a buddy who's an Islander fan when that catastrophe happened.  I went silent until the OT winner just to be on the safe side.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

I'm not knowledgeable enough about hockey to contribute much other than I've really come to enjoy watching it.  I played as a kid and got away from the game because I love college3 hoops so much.  With UConn being down the last several years I've drifted away to hockey.  I've even been to a couple of Lightning games - it's just a great sport - everything football thinks it is.

Go Bolts!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

I'm not knowledgeable enough about hockey to contribute much other than I've really come to enjoy watching it.  I played as a kid and got away from the game because I love college3 hoops so much.  With UConn being down the last several years I've drifted away to hockey.  I've even been to a couple of Lightning games - it's just a great sport - everything football thinks it is.

Go Bolts!

Hockey is so awesome to watch and play I can care less about just about any sport because I am so into hockey.

34 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Hopefully....maybe.... possibly the OT win and the first line waking up and scoring will give them a boost and take game 6.  

I couldn't believe the 2 late goals....  It's probably my fault I jinxed them....I had just sent a couple gloat text's to a buddy who's an Islander fan when that catastrophe happened.  I went silent until the OT winner just to be on the safe side.

They have not been able to link together two games this series I do not see them winning the next two and going 3 in a row. The flyers cannot sit back against the isles they always score when they do and I foresaw it happening. 

On 8/31/2020 at 12:35 PM, bens197 said:

What a career; and for one team in this era is unthinkable.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:17 PM, russtopherb said:

I hope not, but if he retires I think Halak will spend next season with Vladar as backup with either Swayman or Keyser getting a huge amount of starts in Providence to get them ready. Guaranteed if he does retire, the Boo Hoo Tuukka Crew will be out in full force exclaiming what a great goalie he was, how they never wanted him to leave, etc when all the did was crap all over him while he was playing.

Don't mention that to many Boston fans, they feel he never one the big one. Between 2013 Game 6 and Game 7 last year, those are some tough loses that tend to stick out. I agree likely would have had a better chance this year with an engaged Rask, but that was not the case. 

If he does retire it will be interesting to see where the team goes. There are a number of goalies out there this year, Robin Lehner, Matt Murray, or Holbty, it they want a stop gap that's likely a bit better than Halak while Vladar and others develop. Another interesting idea I have seen is they should leave him exposed like Pitt did with Fluerry for Vegas, since Seattle has its expansion draft this year and they need to hit a cap floor, which Rask's 7 million would really help and be ideal with only 1 year left on the contract. 

Overall the team is a bit of a cross roads. Might have one more run, but if Rask retires and maybe Chara too then probably time to move on. Too bad Tampa is in our division so all roads will be through them most years. 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Don't mention that to many Boston fans, they feel he never one the big one. Between 2013 Game 6 and Game 7 last year, those are some tough loses that tend to stick out. I agree likely would have had a better chance this year with an engaged Rask, but that was not the case. 

Anyone who thinks that has zero right to consider themselves a Bruins fan.

12 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Anyone who thinks that has zero right to consider themselves a Bruins fan.

I mean its fair to criticize, and many Boston fans are so spoiled by how Tim Thomas was other worldly in 2011 and wanted Rask to do the same, which he got very close to last year. It will be a step back in net if he leaves for sure. He was on the whole a great and consistent performer, the Cup is the only thing missing, but obviously those are hard to come by. I agree that without Rask they have not been as successful over this stretch.  

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

I mean its fair to criticize, and many Boston fans are so spoiled by how Tim Thomas was other worldly in 2011 and wanted Rask to do the same, which he got very close to last year. It will be a step back in net if he leaves for sure. He was on the whole a great and consistent performer, the Cup is the only thing missing, but obviously those are hard to come by. I agree that without Rask they have not been as successful over this stretch.  

In the past 5 years, Rask is 4th in GAA, 3rd in wins, and 1st in shutouts in the NHL.

What is there to criticize? The fact that he went home because his daughter was in the hospital? The fact that the Bruins couldn't score until late in the 3rd period in Game 7 last year? Every fanbase outside of Boston is completely confused at the vitriol sent Rask's way. And they're right - there's no need for it. 

23 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

In the past 5 years, Rask is 4th in GAA, 3rd in wins, and 1st in shutouts in the NHL.

What is there to criticize? The fact that he went home because his daughter was in the hospital? The fact that the Bruins couldn't score until late in the 3rd period in Game 7 last year? Every fanbase outside of Boston is completely confused at the vitriol sent Rask's way. And they're right - there's no need for it. 

This year is totally different for sure him needing to go home is a personal decision that I have no problem with. I agree his numbers have been great, very consistent. I agree he does not deserve the criticism he gets, just sharing the arguments I have heard about him.

Edited by ejgaudette

Flyers win in O/T, force game 6.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Well at least a couple teams have battled back with three game sevens coming out of those 3-1 leads which is impressive. Still think many of those that had the 3 - 1 lead hold strong, though to win three in a row, but momentum can be a tough thing to stop. Should be some great games here.

Great series for the Stars and Avs, lots of scoring in that one. If Dallas gets Vegas I think they will need to tighten it up but I think with Vancouver it could be a very high scoring series.

I looked at a live feed from Scotiabank arena this  morning and the flyers were still on the ice trying to get the puck out of their end.....

🙄

I looked at a live feed from Scotiabank arena this  morning and the flyers were still on the ice trying to get the puck out of their end.....

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...