Our Sponsors

Hopefully....maybe.... possibly the OT win and the first line waking up and scoring will give them a boost and take game 6.  

I couldn't believe the 2 late goals....  It's probably my fault I jinxed them....I had just sent a couple gloat text's to a buddy who's an Islander fan when that catastrophe happened.  I went silent until the OT winner just to be on the safe side.

• Like 2

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 (w/ some custom heel grinding)

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At tonight’s game! Go Bolts. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I hated listening to him he was very biased toward the way it was when he played and you could tell he hated how skilled things are now. He was also comparing everything to the Bruins whether they pla

They have been good last few years and getting better. I may sneak over and catch a game. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Posted Images

I'm not knowledgeable enough about hockey to contribute much other than I've really come to enjoy watching it.  I played as a kid and got away from the game because I love college3 hoops so much.  With UConn being down the last several years I've drifted away to hockey.  I've even been to a couple of Lightning games - it's just a great sport - everything football thinks it is.

Go Bolts!

• Like 1

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

9 minutes ago, revkev said:

I'm not knowledgeable enough about hockey to contribute much other than I've really come to enjoy watching it.  I played as a kid and got away from the game because I love college3 hoops so much.  With UConn being down the last several years I've drifted away to hockey.  I've even been to a couple of Lightning games - it's just a great sport - everything football thinks it is.

Go Bolts!

Hockey is so awesome to watch and play I can care less about just about any sport because I am so into hockey.

34 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Hopefully....maybe.... possibly the OT win and the first line waking up and scoring will give them a boost and take game 6.  

I couldn't believe the 2 late goals....  It's probably my fault I jinxed them....I had just sent a couple gloat text's to a buddy who's an Islander fan when that catastrophe happened.  I went silent until the OT winner just to be on the safe side.

They have not been able to link together two games this series I do not see them winning the next two and going 3 in a row. The flyers cannot sit back against the isles they always score when they do and I foresaw it happening. 

On 8/31/2020 at 12:35 PM, bens197 said:

What a career; and for one team in this era is unthinkable.

On 8/31/2020 at 1:17 PM, russtopherb said:

I hope not, but if he retires I think Halak will spend next season with Vladar as backup with either Swayman or Keyser getting a huge amount of starts in Providence to get them ready. Guaranteed if he does retire, the Boo Hoo Tuukka Crew will be out in full force exclaiming what a great goalie he was, how they never wanted him to leave, etc when all the did was crap all over him while he was playing.

Don't mention that to many Boston fans, they feel he never one the big one. Between 2013 Game 6 and Game 7 last year, those are some tough loses that tend to stick out. I agree likely would have had a better chance this year with an engaged Rask, but that was not the case. 

If he does retire it will be interesting to see where the team goes. There are a number of goalies out there this year, Robin Lehner, Matt Murray, or Holbty, it they want a stop gap that's likely a bit better than Halak while Vladar and others develop. Another interesting idea I have seen is they should leave him exposed like Pitt did with Fluerry for Vegas, since Seattle has its expansion draft this year and they need to hit a cap floor, which Rask's 7 million would really help and be ideal with only 1 year left on the contract. 

Overall the team is a bit of a cross roads. Might have one more run, but if Rask retires and maybe Chara too then probably time to move on. Too bad Tampa is in our division so all roads will be through them most years. 

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

1 hour ago, ejgaudette said:

Don't mention that to many Boston fans, they feel he never one the big one. Between 2013 Game 6 and Game 7 last year, those are some tough loses that tend to stick out. I agree likely would have had a better chance this year with an engaged Rask, but that was not the case. 

Anyone who thinks that has zero right to consider themselves a Bruins fan.

• Like 1

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

12 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Anyone who thinks that has zero right to consider themselves a Bruins fan.

I mean its fair to criticize, and many Boston fans are so spoiled by how Tim Thomas was other worldly in 2011 and wanted Rask to do the same, which he got very close to last year. It will be a step back in net if he leaves for sure. He was on the whole a great and consistent performer, the Cup is the only thing missing, but obviously those are hard to come by. I agree that without Rask they have not been as successful over this stretch.  

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

Right Handed

1 minute ago, ejgaudette said:

I mean its fair to criticize, and many Boston fans are so spoiled by how Tim Thomas was other worldly in 2011 and wanted Rask to do the same, which he got very close to last year. It will be a step back in net if he leaves for sure. He was on the whole a great and consistent performer, the Cup is the only thing missing, but obviously those are hard to come by. I agree that without Rask they have not been as successful over this stretch.  

In the past 5 years, Rask is 4th in GAA, 3rd in wins, and 1st in shutouts in the NHL.

What is there to criticize? The fact that he went home because his daughter was in the hospital? The fact that the Bruins couldn't score until late in the 3rd period in Game 7 last year? Every fanbase outside of Boston is completely confused at the vitriol sent Rask's way. And they're right - there's no need for it. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

23 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

In the past 5 years, Rask is 4th in GAA, 3rd in wins, and 1st in shutouts in the NHL.

What is there to criticize? The fact that he went home because his daughter was in the hospital? The fact that the Bruins couldn't score until late in the 3rd period in Game 7 last year? Every fanbase outside of Boston is completely confused at the vitriol sent Rask's way. And they're right - there's no need for it. 

This year is totally different for sure him needing to go home is a personal decision that I have no problem with. I agree his numbers have been great, very consistent. I agree he does not deserve the criticism he gets, just sharing the arguments I have heard about him.

Edited by ejgaudette
  • Like 1

Right Handed

Flyers win in O/T, force game 6.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

1 hour ago, Rickp said:

Flyers win in O/T, force game 6.

It took this far into the playoffs for the captain to finally get a goal

Well at least a couple teams have battled back with three game sevens coming out of those 3-1 leads which is impressive. Still think many of those that had the 3 - 1 lead hold strong, though to win three in a row, but momentum can be a tough thing to stop. Should be some great games here.

• Like 2

Right Handed

Great series for the Stars and Avs, lots of scoring in that one. If Dallas gets Vegas I think they will need to tighten it up but I think with Vancouver it could be a very high scoring series.

Right Handed

The flyers definitely do not have the complete level that the Islanders do. They have pretty much no chance of coming back against the islanders down 2 to a team that locks things down as well as a Barry Trotz coached team

• Like 1

I looked at a live feed from Scotiabank arena this  morning and the flyers were still on the ice trying to get the puck out of their end.....

🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 (w/ some custom heel grinding)

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB

I looked at a live feed from Scotiabank arena this  morning and the flyers were still on the ice trying to get the puck out of their end.....

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

53 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

🙄

I think Fletcher has to add some compete level to the lineup 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...