Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Who's YOUR player of the year?

srooch2

With one season over and a new one already begun. Also, this being the first year in a couple that I could really sit and enjoy most of the golf season and watch almost every tournament in one way or another and with Koepka being picked player of the year it got me thinking. Who's your player of the year? Not just in overall performance, but maybe. Was there a player that you rooted for that maybe you hadn't in the past? A rookie who surprised you? An old favorite who made a big run? I'll give you an example, my pick: Tommy Fleetwood was someone I had never heard of before this year for whatever reason. He quickly became my favorite player, great all around game and a very nice swing. I will be rooting for him this coming season. Thought it might be a fun thread to shed some light on who you rooted for or who you think stood out this season.

Cheers

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

I put this in the wrong forum... and I can't figure out how to move it.... and it's late... my bad

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Tony Finau.

Solid season, competitive in 3/4 majors and his first Ryder Cup.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Watson - for his comeback 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

My wife .. yeah yeah I know very corny and not what Brew intended in his OP. But..... with no time to practice and very little time to play this Summer .. somehow she finds a way to improve and (even more vexing to those of us who have to work really really hard at this game) enjoy herself out on the course!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

My first choice would be BK. You can't give it to anyone else. 

After BK though, I would either pick Bubba or BD. BD's run in the playoffs was incredible and Bubba had a great comeback season. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I don't disagree with the sentiment that winning two majors pretty much clinches POY status. But in five or ten years, unless BK becomes a generational player, this will be remembered as the year of Tiger's comeback.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Yea, never been a TW fan (not all his fault mind you), but have to admit his recovery and slow grind back up into contention, culminating with the Tour Championship win, might get my vote were it not for BK's two major wins and 2018 season as a whole.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

This might need to be more of a list than an individual award lol. Some guys got higher for me others solidified my dislike for them. First props to Koepka for the year he had both on the course and off.

It was great seeing Phil flash some old school form earlier in the year so he’s definitely a positive. I liked seeing Bubba return to the winners circle and of course big clap to Tiger for proving me wrong when I said I didn’t think he would ever win again and making himself kind of endearing to me. Bryson gets a nod for being able to ignore all the media attempts to turn him into a sideshow and winning multiple events. The list goes on but that’s a start.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

I am actually going on the opposite direction from what you are asking here. Before I say anything more though, I am now even more of a Brooks Koepka fan then I was before. I am a fan of any player on the PGA Tour that came from Florida State, since I live here, so I always keep track of how Brooks and Daniel Berger are doing. Also like to see how Hudson Swafford is doing, since he's a local Tallahassee product as well.

I am looking at the players who were the biggest dissappointments this year, and right at the top of the list is Jordan Spieth. He didn't win, and somehow, in spite of having a down year for his standards, he still managed to make Ryder Cup. Rickie Fowler is another one who just seems to remain in the conversation, but did next to nothing this year. And what the heck happened to DJ towards the end of the year. The guy with the most talent and natural ability who if anyone has a chance to do it, it's him, to be the next player who shows up and everyone else is playing for 2nd place. But somehow all we hear about with DJ is that Paulina took down all of her instagram pics of him, and he's getting in fights with Koepka at the Ryder Cup, which may or may not be true.

Sure, everyone is talking about Tiger, but I just scratch my head at DJ mostly for the incredible potential he's seemingly wasting. He won the US Open a couple of years ago, and I was thinking that here we go, now he's going to live up to that potential and start winning a ton of tournaments and a bunch of majors, but meh, not much. And he came out of the gates in 2018 on fire, by lapping the field in Hawaii, and then he just sort of put it in cruise control and didn't do much of anything. I would think that a guy with his potential should be on the leaderboard every time he tees it up, and give the fans something to talk about every time they see him, but more often than not he's back in the pack and not in the conversation.

Spieth, Fowler and DJ. Three guys that should be dominating, but seem more content with collecting huge paychecks on and off the course.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Archived