TESTERS WANTED! ×

True Golf Fit

Albatrossx3

Anybody else try this, I was truly disappointed.   The process is simple, in fact far to simple, who knows exactly what their subjective tempo is.  And how much

this makes a difference.   I have a slow back swing,  at least my results are better with one, and an aggressive forward swing.  

I have a Zepp sensor so I know my real tempo, and I use a Sports Sciences radar so I know my swing speed range, so give me the option of

putting in my exact tempo.   The results were even more disappointing, only two driver results were shown,  no where was the loft recommendation

nor shaft recommendation listed.   And after navigating around the site, the two driver recommendations were reversed.   Originally it listed

the Srixon 765 as the longest,  then, it listed the 565 as the longest.  These are both 2017 models, so are those models better than the 2018 versions?

And there was supposedly a 12 yard range between the two, so after looking around I am confused, I wonder if other drivers fit in between these two and

I wonder if I wasted my $7 on useless information.  

Three, Albatross'

Three Holes in One

Plus, when I was 5 the first ball I ever hit on a golf course went in the hole, so I have that going for me.

My bag is a mish mash of Srixon drivers, cobra and adams fairways, TA1 irons and Hopkins wedges, plus a Cure putter.  

1 minute ago, Albatrossx3 said:

Anybody else try this, I was truly disappointed.   The process is simple, in fact far to simple, who knows exactly what their subjective tempo is.  And how much

this makes a difference.   I have a slow back swing,  at least my results are better with one, and an aggressive forward swing.  

I have a Zepp sensor so I know my real tempo, and I use a Sports Sciences radar so I know my swing speed range, so give me the option of

putting in my exact tempo.   The results were even more disappointing, only two driver results were shown,  no where was the loft recommendation

nor shaft recommendation listed.   And after navigating around the site, the two driver recommendations were reversed.   Originally it listed

the Srixon 765 as the longest,  then, it listed the 565 as the longest.  These are both 2017 models, so are those models better than the 2018 versions?

And there was supposedly a 12 yard range between the two, so after looking around I am confused, I wonder if other drivers fit in between these two and

Fortunately, there is a review underway (the thread hasn't been posted yet), where testers are being sent their top recommendations to test. I agree that there seems to be a lot missing to make such a recommendation but trust that Adam and Tony have done their homework and have isolated the most important variables?

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update for the forum. We're working through some logistical issues with Global Golf. Hopefully they are able to resolve them and proceed with the review.

I know everyone is anxious to hear about results of the reviewers TGF fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On 10/11/2018 at 4:06 PM, Albatrossx3 said:

Yes, I tried this and was very disappointed with the results. I do not recommend this because it only showed two drivers a Srixon (must be a sponsored make because it was mentioned in the above post) and some brand I have never heard of,.and as mentioned  before, no loft or shaft recommendations. The "buy now" buttons was a big red flag it is a sales tool for a retailer. I do not recommend this "fitting tool" to anyone. You still would be better suited to go to you local golf store and try demo clubs to fit yourself. I forgot to mention this fitting tool does not send the results to you email. It is a one and done thing 

Have you guys read the articles and the other threads regarding the True Golf Fit, it is only a fitting recommendation tool based on trackman data.  Its for people who buy off the shelf and don't get fitted.  It just give's you options to try based on data, there is an expert mode to add your actual swing speed and angle of attack to help fine tune so to speak.  So when you go in to demo driver's you can say hey I hit these one's usually but I would like to try the Srixon and Mizuno line and maybe Tour Edge drivers.  Just thought you guys should know that it's no way designed to give you the exact driver you need,  just to give you options to help narrow your choice.

Nik

22 hcp and dropping (started at 33), 105 mph driver SS

Srixon z565 9.5* w/Rogue I/O 60 stiff w/ 13 gram wght  - 44.5"- D11sw -GP Tour Velvet

Callaway GBB 15* w/Rogue I/O 70 stiff - 42.5" - GP Tour Wrap

Titleist 915h 17* set @20* flat w/ Rogue Black 85H stiff 40.5" - GP Tour Velvet

Titleist 915h 21* set @ 23* flat Speeder Motore Tour Spec 8.8 - 40"- GP Tour Velvet 

Srixon z565 irons 5-6 C-Taper Lite stiff,  Srixon z765 irons PW-7 iron C-Taper Lite stiff - irons 9 thru 4 @ -1/2", PW thru 60* @ 35"  all std lie w/GP Tour Wrap

Vokey SM6 50*/8 F grind DG S200,  56*/10 F grind DG S200,  60*/8 M grind DG S200 

Ping Sigma Ketch B - 33"  w/Superstroke Pistol GTR grip - gaming ProV1x

Have you guys read the articles and the other threads regarding the True Golf Fit, it is only a fitting recommendation tool based on trackman data.  Its for people who buy off the shelf and don't get fitted.  It just give's you options to try based on data, there is an expert mode to add your actual swing speed and angle of attack to help fine tune so to speak.  So when you go in to demo driver's you can say hey I hit these one's usually but I would like to try the Srixon and Mizuno line and maybe Tour Edge drivers.  Just thought you guys should know that it's no way designed to give you the exact driver you need,  just to give you options to help narrow your choice.

Also remember this is release 1. Adam commented in this thread that future versions will add things like loft and shaft.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 hours ago, de golfer said:

a Srixon (must be a sponsored make because it was mentioned in the above post) 

This comment in your post stands out to me as being a bit of sour grapes because your preferred make wasn't shown. IF you know anything about MGS, you'd KNOW they don't accept sponsorship from the OEMs, so because of this comment, I'd have to discount the rest of your "review".

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 2 weeks later...

If you bothered to read the post I stated that the fitting tool (not MyGolfSpy) must have a retailer sponsor because two very different golfers were advised to buy a Srixon and a "buy now" button attached to the recommendation. There was no need to get all butt-hurt about it. I am entitled to my opinion and I said I would not recommend the online tool. I rely on MyGolfSpy for unbiased information. In closing I hope you had fun being a troll. 

If you bothered to read the post I stated that the fitting tool (not MyGolfSpy) must have a retailer sponsor because two very different golfers were advised to buy a Srixon and a "buy now" button attached to the recommendation. There was no need to get all butt-hurt about it. I am entitled to my opinion and I said I would not recommend the online tool. I rely on MyGolfSpy for unbiased information. In closing I hope you had fun being a troll. 
He's not being a troll. He's correcting your misinformation.

Neither mygolfspy nor TrueGolfFit are sponsored at all be any major golf equipment manufacturers.

Please read my response to the other person whom I quoted. I do not like when a fitting tool refers you to an online store. There was no loft or shaft recommendations. I watched the video where the current driver was evaluated and two driver recommendations were offered. The online tool did not ask my current driver loft or brand. I strongly recommend you keep your personal judgement to yourselves. It is my opinion that the driver fitting tool needs to ask more questions. I see that you use Srixon equipment I guess you and your friend are offended because I mentioned that brand. I will try the drivers recommended by the tool to compare. Please do not comment or respond as you are judging me and others who do not like the online tool as it stands

Please read my response to the other person whom I quoted. I do not like when a fitting tool refers you to an online store. There was no loft or shaft recommendations. I watched the video where the current driver was evaluated and two driver recommendations were offered. The online tool did not ask my current driver loft or brand. I strongly recommend you keep your personal judgement to yourselves. It is my opinion that the driver fitting tool needs to ask more questions. I see that you use Srixon equipment I guess you and your friend are offended because I mentioned that brand. I will try the drivers recommended by the tool to compare. Please do not comment or respond as you are judging me and others who do not like the online tool as it stands
Holy crap.

Ok, everyone, let's keep this about the TGF fitting tool, and not about each other. 

Thanks  Tony, that was very helpful info for all us!! 

Alllllllrighty then.

Thanks, Tony!

I tried the tool, and even though it’s not perfect since it’s version 1.0, I do think it WILL be a great tool for those unable to be fitted. Can’t wait for version 12.1...... Which is where Apple is. Just sayin’. Be patient, folks, and believe in what you’re being given. It’s on the up-and-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

57 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Ok, everyone, let's keep this about the TGF fitting tool, and not about each other. 

That's why I haven't said anything else...

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• 6 months later...

I haven’t tried this since it’s first day, so I was curious to see what it would recommend for me.... Pretty cool that my current gamer is the 2nd Option, different shaft
IMG_9120.jpg
IMG_9121.jpg

On 5/23/2019 at 9:47 PM, PMookie said:

I haven’t tried this since it’s first day, so I was curious to see what it would recommend for me.... Pretty cool that my current gamer is the 2nd Option, different shaft
IMG_9120.jpg
IMG_9121.jpg

Were you fit for the TS3?  Any thoughts on going to a Titleist Thursday and seeing what that shaft will do?

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Were you fit for the TS3?  Any thoughts on going to a Titleist Thursday and seeing what that shaft will do?

Yes, I went through three fittings before selecting the TS3. Ive been through two PXG fittings with their reps, and never have hit the XF because of spin. XF is “spinnier” than the X.

• 1 year later...

I tried this and was fit with a PXG driver.  I was never considering buying one of there drivers bc they're too expensive.  The secondary option was the Ping G410.  I ended buying the later.  I bought a Project X even flow shaft to go along with it.  I normally test a lot of options prior to making a large purchase like this.  Due to Covid, I didn't test any other options and just got the G410.  A buddy of mine has the Taylormade Sim and it feels really nice coming off the face.  It feels like it jumps off the face.  I hate having buyers remorse but it seems pretty easy to get when it comes to golf clubs.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5