GolfSpy MPR

My son's first hole-in-one: age 5!

This is so awesome!! And the fact you got it on video is even better!!

Congrats big Kirke!!
I wished I had! The videos are from another time he played the hole, and then his reactions.
  • Like 1

wow!  way to go Kirke!  you are a superstar in the making.... can't wait to hear more about your golfing adventures.  congrats on the first and I'm sure there'll be many many more!!

• Like 1

Crazy good stuff here.  Move over JT, Kirke is heading your way. That you captured this on video is like winning the lottery.  My vote for MSG's "Best Post of the Year".

• Like 1

Crazy good stuff here.  Move over JT, Kirke is heading your way. That you captured this on video is like winning the lottery.  My vote for MSG's "Best Post of the Year".
Just to clarify: I so wish I had gotten the shot recorded. The shot posted is from the last time Kirke played the hole. Kicking myself a bit that the camera wasn't rolling this time, but then if it had been, would he have made it? :-)

6 minutes ago, mpatrickriley said:
9 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Just to clarify: I so wish I had gotten the shot recorded. The shot posted is from the last time Kirke played the hole. Kicking myself a bit that the camera wasn't rolling this time, but then if it had been, would he have made it? 🙂

Meh.  It looks like the real deal to me... go with it!  

• Like 1

IMG_20181013_130901.jpeg.5c9289802cd079ebeef1ee27b8d3487f.jpeg
Some of the forum regulars know that I often post about my son Kirke. Kirke is five years old; he’ll be six at the end of December. He took up golf more or less from the time he could stand. He’s now at the point where we play regular rounds of golf. His course is built to the recommendations of US Kids golf; for him, nine holes runs right around 1,100 yards.
We’re quickly running out of golf season here, and since the temps were supposed to get to the mid-40s today, I wanted to get in another round with him. And it turns out to be a round we’ll always remember.
The sixth hole at our course is a par 4 for the adults, but Kirke plays it as his shortest par 3. We tee him up in the fairway, about 35 yards from the pin, which is a full 8-iron for him right now.
One of the last times we played, I took a video of him hitting his shot from there. If you blow it up full screen, you’ll see the blue flag on the back left of the green, and his ball hit near the center of the green and run to the right.
[/url] Today, the hole was back right. And before he hit his tee shot, he was talking about making a hole in one.
And then he did it!
He hit a beauty of a shot to the left side of the green, and then it started tracking for the cup. I’m yelling, “Get in the hole!,” knowing that it’s close, but also knowing that it’s hard to get the depth perception right from that distance. And then it disappeared!
Here’s the great thing about having your little son hit a hole in one: it’s really easy to pick him up and carry him around in celebration!
So here’s a video of him saying what he’s done, and then a video of him picking his ball out of the hole.
We’ve got the ball, and my dad is planning to make a wooden plaque in the shape of the hole to mount it on.
Obviously, I’m a proud dad today. I think we might have been the only people on the course today, but the course manager (who couldn’t be nicer to Kirke) was there, and Kirke got to tell him what he’d done. They let him off easy: he didn’t even have to buy a round of juice boxes.

Congrats -that's quite an accomplishment. I've never seen a hole in one let alone have one. Maybe I should have started a bit earlier

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

IMG_20181013_130901.jpeg.5c9289802cd079ebeef1ee27b8d3487f.jpeg
Some of the forum regulars know that I often post about my son Kirke. Kirke is five years old; he’ll be six at the end of December. He took up golf more or less from the time he could stand. He’s now at the point where we play regular rounds of golf. His course is built to the recommendations of US Kids golf; for him, nine holes runs right around 1,100 yards.
We’re quickly running out of golf season here, and since the temps were supposed to get to the mid-40s today, I wanted to get in another round with him. And it turns out to be a round we’ll always remember.
The sixth hole at our course is a par 4 for the adults, but Kirke plays it as his shortest par 3. We tee him up in the fairway, about 35 yards from the pin, which is a full 8-iron for him right now.
One of the last times we played, I took a video of him hitting his shot from there. If you blow it up full screen, you’ll see the blue flag on the back left of the green, and his ball hit near the center of the green and run to the right.
[/url] Today, the hole was back right. And before he hit his tee shot, he was talking about making a hole in one.
And then he did it!
He hit a beauty of a shot to the left side of the green, and then it started tracking for the cup. I’m yelling, “Get in the hole!,” knowing that it’s close, but also knowing that it’s hard to get the depth perception right from that distance. And then it disappeared!
Here’s the great thing about having your little son hit a hole in one: it’s really easy to pick him up and carry him around in celebration!
So here’s a video of him saying what he’s done, and then a video of him picking his ball out of the hole.
We’ve got the ball, and my dad is planning to make a wooden plaque in the shape of the hole to mount it on.
Obviously, I’m a proud dad today. I think we might have been the only people on the course today, but the course manager (who couldn’t be nicer to Kirke) was there, and Kirke got to tell him what he’d done. They let him off easy: he didn’t even have to buy a round of juice boxes.

That’s great!! Congratulations Kirke

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Congrats to you and your son. Mine is 12 and is still waiting for his first but he did get to see me make one in an unofficial round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

That is way, way cool!

Great memory. The two of you will talk about it for the rest of your lives!

• Like 1

I wished I had! The videos are from another time he played the hole, and then his reactions.

Ah I must have misread it... I’m sorry! But hey, still awesome for both of you! Definitely a proud daddy moment for sure!
  • Like 1

That is awesome! Definitely a moment you both will never forget. What a great way for a father and son to spend a day. Good work little man 🤜🏻

• Like 1