Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×

Thank you. Srixon does have them for half the cost built to same spec.

CC had my swing weight for these at D7, does that automatically happen when the clubs are built to this spec, or does additional weighting need to happen?

Thank you. Srixon does have them for half the cost built to same spec.

CC had my swing weight for these at D7, does that automatically happen when the clubs are built to this spec, or does additional weighting need to happen?

Don’t know your specs; Did they suggest adding somewhere between 1/2 to inch in length? You are always best to provide all relevant information to ensure you get what you want

Don’t know your specs; Did they suggest adding somewhere between 1/2 to inch in length? You are always best to provide all relevant information to ensure you get what you want

Z585 Irons

KBS Tour 90

+1" Length

+3* Upright

+1* Loft

Lamkin Z5 Grips (2+1)

IMG_0078.JPG

Z585 Irons

KBS Tour 90

+1" Length

+3* Upright

+1* Loft

Lamkin Z5 Grips (2+1)

The +1” length adds about 6 swing weight points and the grip weight is about average so it shouldn’t deduct or add any. The 585 comes stock as D2, so the configuration would be close to D7/D8. Tell them you want final swingweight as D7

4 minutes ago, cnosil said:

The +1” length adds about 6 swing weight points and the grip weight is about average so it shouldn’t deduct or add any. The 585 comes stock as D2, so the configuration would be close to D7/D8. Tell them you want final swingweight as D7

Srixon said they cant add or remove any swing weight directly. Which is why I asked.

Thank you a ton for your help and insight!

Srixon said they cant add or remove any swing weight directly. Which is why I asked.

Thank you a ton for your help and insight!

No problem. This is part of what club champion does for you. . You could also see if there are any other resellers/fitters that would be able to do this for you.
  • Like 1

Went to Club Champion today for irons. Hit about 12 diff shafts. Finally dialed into KBS Tour Pro 90.

From there we went to heads. Hit about 7 diff heads(M3, AP2, JPX919 Hot Metal, C300, Z585). Wound up with the Z585.

Stock OWM gamers were King F6. ( 95 mph ball speed, 1200 spin and 160 total distance).

The Z585 produced a 125 mph speed, 4200 spin, and 195 yard distance.

The shaft and head combo was definitely a big change from my current gamers. Looking at 4-GW. CC was asking $2,400 for the full set. Going to do some research and see if I can find a slightly used deal for a better price, I’m sure I can.

Super happy with the experience at CC. I honestly feel it was well worth the $150 for the fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

You can buy a direct from the manufacturer, with the same specs, for 40% less. I did the same following my CC fitting a year ago.

You can buy a direct from the manufacturer, with the same specs, for 40% less. I did the same following my CC fitting a year ago.

Yes sir! Only thing you don’t get is the “puring” of the shaft. I am not good enough to notice that anyways.

Got from Srixon for half the cost shipped. Should come in mail
This week 🤞🏻

• Like 5

On 10/14/2018 at 5:15 PM, jlukes said:
On 10/14/2018 at 5:12 PM, NiftyNiblick said:

Graphite iron shafts are definitely on par performance wise with steel. The only thing holding people back from making the transition is the cost. As you mentioned, the upcharge for the premium graphite iron shafts is borderline absurd

You say that but have you seen the prices of steel shafts these days??  Steel shafts are what's gotten absurd!  KBS S tapers are $55 each, Nippon Modus are $38 each, KBS tour 90 are $30 each, and Project X LZ come in at $45 each.  Even basic Dynamic Golds are $23 each and they used to be less than $15 not that long ago.  

Not that much of a stretch anymore to move to a $50 Aerotech graphite shaft.

Edited by 03trdblack
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

Or a $25 Recoil.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 03trdblack said:

You say that but have you seen the prices of steel shafts these days??  Steel shafts are what's gotten absurd!  KBS S tapers are $55 each, Nippon Modus are $38 each, KBS tour 90 are $30 each, and Project X LZ come in at $45 each.  Even basic Dynamic Golds are $23 each and they used to be less than $15 not that long ago.  

Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with that, but most people don't build their own sets, and the OEM still charges a large upcharge on graphite. If I were to buy 8 heads and 8 shafts, yeah, it wouldn't be too much worse to build with graphite. But I don't know too many people that do that, most still order directly from the OEM/retailer who still charge the exorbitant markup on graphite. 

Yes, we agree wholeheartedly with that, but most people don't build their own sets, and the OEM still charges a large upcharge on graphite. If I were to buy 8 heads and 8 shafts, yeah, it wouldn't be too much worse to build with graphite. But I don't know too many people that do that, most still order directly from the OEM/retailer who still charge the exorbitant markup on graphite. 

The price of steel is approaching record highs. The cost of cars and/or anything steel related is going to balloon. Believe it or not it’s a good problem to have.

• Like 1