Sign in to follow this  
Har in the Hat

tight muscles? use a roller

If you don't have a foam roller, you can use a lacrosse or golf ball and really dig in while rolling around the tight muscle. You're just trying to release some of the lactic acid that causing muscle tightness. 

• Like 2

If you don't have a foam roller, you can use a lacrosse or golf ball and really dig in while rolling around the tight muscle. You're just trying to release some of the lactic acid that causing muscle tightness. 
Winced a little when I read that. Used to darn near cry some days rolling my quads out with a lacrosse ball.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

On 10/25/2018 at 9:29 PM, Charli said:

Never ever roll out your lower back! If your lower back is tight roll out your hamstrings and hips. On roll your upper back where your rib cage is. 

Not sure what you expect to happen if people roll out their lower back. There is a specific way to do this, but if you're trying to warn people that they might break their back, that simply isn't going to happen unless they really, REALLY screwed up somehow.

Also, I see some recommending soft foam rollers because it's less painful. When you first start foam rolling, I can understand the desire to use a soft roller, but there is a reason they make hard ones too. Mild discomfort from myofascial release is normal, but if you're experiencing more considerable pain, then that would likely warrant a different roller or perhaps better/different technique.

Edited by TR1PTIK
Accuracy of information.
  • Like 2

Not sure what you expect to happen if people roll out their lower back. There is a specific way to do this, but if you're trying to warn people that they might break their back, that simply isn't going to happen unless they really, REALLY screwed up somehow.
Also, I see some recommending soft foam rollers because it's less painful. When you first start foam rolling, I can understand the desire to use a soft roller, but there is a reason they make hard ones too. Mild discomfort from myofascial release is normal, but if you're experiencing more considerable pain, then that would likely warrant a different roller or perhaps better/different technique.
Yeah, agree .. as with all things like this: start slowly and STOP if you feel real pain .. then go see an orthopedist and/or a chiropractor and/or a physical therapist.

listen to jeff cavalier on rolling your lower back. Guys great and very informed. And no I’m not saying you will break your back. Unless you jump off the kitchen table with said foam roller