hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Bridgestone Prototype Balls

I love that Bridgestone has done all of these reviews!!  

Do you guys think this ball is trying to compete with the Srixon Q-Star Tour?

Met with our rep and a home office VP from B'stone yesterday and heard quite a bit about this ball.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I have never played the Q-Star but all the reviews make it sound very similar. I'll have to buy some for comparison.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Hmmm, sounds like they are looking for something like an AVX or Qstar tour. I look forward to seeing how the spin rates are with these.

I’d LOVE for them to create a ball similar to AVX!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DawgDaddy said:

Reesedw, when I checked I did not have any e6 soft golf balls, I did however have the e6 Speed and these were my observations.  They both traveled pretty much the same distance, neither ball was difficult to work right to left or left to right.  They SS Soft seemed to fly slightly higher and stopped on the greens better.  Surprisingly they both felt very similar at impact but I would say the SS Soft did feel slightly softer.  I will try to get a sleeve of the e6 Softs and do a head to head on them soon.  

To me it sounds like the "new ball" is kind of a cross between the two E6 balls from last year.. I found the E6 speed had better distance but the E6 soft spun better.. Kinda like the Pro V1 and the ProV1x... only in a cheaper model... I'm liking this... A LOT... Thanks DD

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Reesedw said:

To me it sounds like the "new ball" is kind of a cross between the two E6 balls from last year.. I found the E6 speed had better distance but the E6 soft spun better.. Kinda like the Pro V1 and the ProV1x... only in a cheaper model... I'm liking this... A LOT... Thanks DD

So.... basically the E6 before they split it off into 2 different models. 

So.... basically the E6 before they split it off into 2 different models. 

Not quite. It has material in the core that no version of the e6 ever did. It's a polymer that has been used in the tires and the engineers have been working with it for a couple years to get it to perform how they wanted in a ball.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 3

Oooooh new Bridgestone sauce. Interested to see if these will be new TourB models. From the pictures they look a lot more glossy than the current TourB lineup. MGS forum members getting unreleased stuff, how cool is that?

• Like 2

Just received some from the rep. Will be able to add some thoughts on them as well.

• Like 4

Just received some from the rep. Will be able to add some thoughts on them as well.

Rob always knows how to sweet talk someone

Cameron Martinez, RN
  • Like 2

Rob always knows how to sweet talk someone

Cameron Martinez, RN

Ha. It probably had more to do with the large order I gave him for our Spring delivery.

• Like 1

its amazing how you miss a section  for a week and come back and peruse the forum and lo and behold what do you find? another surprise test.   This is how one becomes addicted to MGS. He / she becomes afraid to neglect the site

A devilishly clever plot by MGS

🙈🙉🙊

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 10/16/2018 at 10:27 AM, MaxEntropy said:

It seems like many of the companies tend to muddy the waters a bit. I would think an appropriate line-up would be: 1) Lower grade - for occasional golfers that don't really care about the ball; 2) Tour grade - for those that need or want tour level performance and are willing to pay a premium; and 3) Mid grade - for people like me that want performance approaching tour quality ball but aren't willing to spend >$45 for a dozen when I still lose too many. For some reason, $35 dollars sounds more palatable to me, although the argument can be made that I waste more than $10 in the time it takes me to lose a dozen balls.

I suppose there is another level that encompasses "cheap" for the person that may play a few times a year and just needs something for the scramble they were talked into playing, but it seems that not all manufacturers make a ball in this category.

Which is what Titleist did,I believe, by getting rid of the NXT series and replace it with the AVX

On 10/18/2018 at 9:58 AM, tony@CIC said:

Interesting - I bought a box of e6 distance yesterday at Dicks and it was marked new for 2017. Is there a 2018 ball? FYI they were marked down from 29. to 21. 

I know in the past the e series balls were released on odd numbered years like the 2017 balls and the B series ball were released on the even years like this years B-330 offerings.  I think that still holds true. 

Ha. It probably had more to do with the large order I gave him for our Spring delivery.

Hey, I’m sure that was still music to their ears haha

Cameron Martinez, RN
  • Like 1

Met with our rep and a home office VP from B'stone yesterday and heard quite a bit about this ball.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

If they happen to stop again please let them know we (I) really like the old e6 logo vs. the 2017 version that has the Brigestone B.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 3:17 PM, goaliewales14 said:

I had a couple of Q-Stars in my found golf balls  box so I played them Friday, I found them to be similar.  The SS Soft did seem to stop better for me and fly slightly higher (that may account for the stopping quicker).  Very close call but I think I prefer the feel of the Bridgestone off of irons and putter.  

• Like 4

I had a couple of Q-Stars in my found golf balls  box so I played them Friday, I found them to be similar.  The SS Soft did seem to stop better for me and fly slightly higher (that may account for the stopping quicker).  Very close call but I think I prefer the feel of the Bridgestone off of irons and putter.  

I love the Q Star Tour and usually game that, the speed balls frim bridgestone don’t come close for stop and control

• Like 1