Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×

So FEDEX dropped off a new package to me the other day with the simple instructions...  

Hit Me! 

My understanding is that this is the new Tour Z Extreme that has already been put in play by JDay, Martin Kaymer, Pat Pereze and Others.  Finau and List are testing the stiffer tip version, which I presume will be the 400 Series.  

All I know is that this is a Z265 Proto - High Launch and LOW LOW Spin.  

I will report my findings as I get it in play!

IMG_0249 (2).jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

• Like 4

Big fan of Accra for many years. The Dymatch was prominent in my bag through college and the years after. Was also lucky enough to hit the Tour Z in my Adams 9064ls and TI Fairway. So good. 

If things don't work out let me know as I am looking for a new shaft for my driver. 

Tried that blue one in the pic. Liked the feel, numbers and dispersion off just a tad. I’ve always liked the feel of Accra, but have never been able to walk out with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nice!! I have been a big Accra Fan and I have played them in my last few drivers and 3 woods. I need to know whoever you know lol

I hit 3 balls Wednesday night - I have no idea what the ball did, how it spun or anything - just want I felt.

Ball 1 - what was that...
Ball 2 - ball jumps off face high - lose sight into woods
Ball 3 - same as before but damn that felt smooth

OK - after my initial 3 balls - What the heck is this thing.   It doesn’t feel like my RPG.

It feels smooth like Jon Snow's sword going through a White Walker.
It feels smooth like fresh egyptian cotton sheets
It feels smooth like pure Maple Syrup.
For longtime Accra players - dare I say - it feels Old Skool SE70/80 Smooth - that original ACCRA Feeling that you got.  

To me it feels like it has a lively tip - the ball felt like it was exploding off of the club face.  

What I can gather is that it feels like an Old SE on 2018 Technology.  If it is anything like that it will have Super Low Torque, but maybe more lively like how the SE* was.  

Nicer weather can't come soon enough...

• Like 1

On 10/16/2018 at 8:55 AM, oaks said:

So FEDEX dropped off a new package to me the other day with the simple instructions...  

I guess I don't understand. How did these shafts just arrive at your door? Are they something you ordered or are you testing them for the mfg.? Did they arrive with grips and the correct adapter for your driver?

Just looking for some background is all.

Thanks

31 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I guess I don't understand. How did these shafts just arrive at your door? Are they something you ordered or are you testing them for the mfg.? Did they arrive with grips and the correct adapter for your driver?

Just looking for some background is all.

Thanks

A friend of mine sent me the shaft - i had to tip it and grip it.

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    npicek

• mwsb1998

mwsb1998 35

• jaysun7776

jaysun7776 0

• Bradicuss

Bradicuss 0

• Jtk900

Jtk900 0

• WirChf

WirChf 0

• TBGumby12

TBGumby12 0

• coopsamuels

coopsamuels 0

• NYMapleleaf

NYMapleleaf 0

• BGhorms36

BGhorms36 0

• Popular Contributors

• Recent Status Updates

• MWGolf23

Took about a year, but now have officially flipped my bag for the first time. Year before, I began inundating myself in golf knowledge and equipment. Learned how the swing path and club face work together, how to shape shots and have made great progress. Now I know exactly what I'm doing, and most often know why. So far I've seen my handicap drop significantly, (15-17 down to 5-8). Technically at this point, I'm a 5 handicap, but that was one score out of 5 (5, 18 hole rounds. I've played quite a bit of 9 hole rounds) and I believe I'm closer to an 8 realistically. But maybe I'll be lower and near a 5 this year with thMP-18e clubs in my bag fully updated and have more experience with each club.
      Updated my driver and 3W shaft as well after getting them last year and I think that will be a game changer and lower my scores by hitting more fairways. Drastically improved my iron game with getting fitted and buying Mizuno MP-18 mixed set. Can shape my shots and get very consistent distances, so I'm pretty excited for this year. Wedge game improved quite a bit too and now have rounded out the SM6 set completely. Also really excited as I've been rolling the new Taylormade TP Black Copper Juno nicely in the basement, and getting very consistent rolls and forgiveness. Never have really been excited about a putter, but the black copper is sexy, and it performs.
      Looking to get on simulators a few times this winter, heated driving range a few times, a big golf show to attend, Taylormade demo fitting, and plently of swinging and putting in the garage and basement. Looking forward to early spring and am optimistic for my best golf yet.
      · 0 replies
    • Berg Ryman

Fantasy Golf MGS league Sign-Up Deadline is Friday at 5:00 PM EST. If you want in, don't miss out!
      · 0 replies
    • GolfSpy Stroker

Trying to not get overly excited for Jan golf trip and hoping that mother nature doesn't deposit her first snowstorm on us in New England around my departure date.
      · 0 replies
    • GolfSpy STUDque

Can't wait to bring home the Fantasy Golf Championship. 😉
      You suckas are going down!
      · 0 replies
    • baller

Happy to have just joined the forum. 80 plus rounds over the summer and now stir crazy in Chicago. Can't wait to golf in Hawaii come March!!! Go Bears!! 
      · 0 replies