TESTERS WANTED! ×

Don

revkev

My friend Don was called home tonight. He and I have known each other for 40 years. He was my first boss and from the start we were friends. He from a working class family, me from the snotty rich part of Connecticut but with early childhood days in a town like Don’s - my family gained its money Nouveau Riche style when my old school grandparents died and left my only child father a bundle.

We became the brothers we never had both of us getting close to each other’s family.

Latter in life Don struggled with alcoholism that robbed him of two marriages and his health. He was old before his time. He was in a nursing home when his sister and sons allowed him to try one more time in Florida, under the care of my family.

We found an apartment for him down the street from our house and Mr. Don became a fixture at our house, Sunday dinners, he’d come by to walk our dog, and see his good friend Penny, often. Everyone on my staff knew him and loved him.

He was a pain in the butt but he was my pain in the butt and I loved him.

His adult son had a child, he and wife bought a house across the Bay and a town home for Don around the corner. His son is a high rolling professional gambler, former college QB who appears on those Texas Hold ‘em TV tournaments. So he took charge of Don in July.

But Don’s health was going south fast. He had 3 surgeries for stuff related to pancreatitis in two months including one to stop an aneurism from bursting. His last surgery was two weeks ago but instead of improving he got worse and worse and worse, quickly. He slipped into a coma two weeks ago when he pulled the drain out that his doctor had installed - it instantly spread the infection through his body and sent him into sceptic shock.

I did last rites for him a week ago, he had a slight rebound, enough for his sister and other son to make it down from CT and see him as well as for Penny to stop in to say good bye.

Don was an avid Packer fan and his son Jason was with him last night and watched the game. That’s just how my buddy would have wanted it. Today was the day the angels came for him.

Sorry to bore all of you with this but I’m horribly sad, sad for his boys whom I have watched grow to manhood and his sister who is also a friend who has already buried a husband (also a friend) and son - we were with Don when we learned of his death.

Rest In Peace my friend. I will miss you!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My friend Don was called home tonight. He and I have known each other for 40 years. He was my first boss and from the start we were friends. He from a working class family, me from the snotty rich part of Connecticut but with early childhood days in a town like Don’s - my family gained its money Nouveau Riche style when my old school grandparents died and left my only child father a bundle.

We became the brothers we never had both of us getting close to each other’s family.

Latter in life Don struggled with alcoholism that robbed him of two marriages and his health. He was old before his time. He was in a nursing home when his sister and sons allowed him to try one more time in Florida, under the care of my family.

We found an apartment for him down the street from our house and Mr. Don became a fixture at our house, Sunday dinners, he’d come by to walk our dog, and see his good friend Penny, often. Everyone on my staff knew him and loved him.

He was a pain in the butt but he was my pain in the butt and I loved him.

His adult son had a child, he and wife bought a house across the Bay and a town home for Don around the corner. His son is a high rolling professional gambler, former college QB who appears on those Texas Hold ‘em TV tournaments. So he took charge of Don in July.

But Don’s health was going south fast. He had 3 surgeries for stuff related to pancreatitis in two months including one to stop an aneurism from bursting. His last surgery was two weeks ago but instead of improving he got worse and worse and worse, quickly. He slipped into a coma two weeks ago when he pulled the drain out that his doctor had installed - it instantly spread the infection through his body and sent him into sceptic shock.

I did last rites for him a week ago, he had a slight rebound, enough for his sister and other son to make it down from CT and see him as well as for Penny to stop in to say good bye.

Don was an avid Packer fan and his son Jason day with him last night and watched the game. That’s just how my buddy would have wanted it. Today was the day the angels came for him.

Sorry to bore all of you with this but I’m horribly sad, sad for his boys whom I have watched grow to manhood and his sister who is also a friend who has already buried a husband (also a friend) and son - we were with Don when we learned of his death.

Rest In Peace my friend. I will miss you!

Rev sorry to hear of your dear friend's passing, I'm sure your world feels a bit emptier right now. Glad you felt comfortable enough with us to share your loss.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Rev, I am sorry for your loss. Words will never be enough. All we can do is remember the good times.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Rev - that was tough to read, my deepest sympathies for your loss. My prayers are with you, Don, and Don's family. 

Rest In Peace.

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Rev 

sorry for your loss.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Sorry for your loss Rev. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your friends family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Thanks guys

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Wonderful tribute to your friend. Sorry for your loss. You obviously were a very important and good part of his tough life.

Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So sorry for your loss. A friend from that far back is a true lifelong buddy. He was blessed to have you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Rev, your story was hard to read, but I know telling the story makes Don's passing a little easier.   My condolences to you and to Don's family.  

You’re spot on Kenny - I needed to get that off my chest in a big way. I’m sorry to have burdened everyone here with it. MGS is a safe place to share something like this.

Thanks guys for reading and being that safe place.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Kev, sorry to read of your mates passing. Our thoughts are with you and both of your families.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Rev,

Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing; I consider it a blessing that you feel comfortable enough to share your life with us like that.

Sounds like Don was a terrific guy and you and your family have many many fond memories of him.  

May God bless your family and his.

Jason

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Very Sorry for your loss, Rev

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Sorry to hear about your friend, Don.  I hate what alcohol does to many among us.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, revkev said:

You’re spot on Kenny - I needed to get that off my chest in a big way. I’m sorry to have burdened everyone here with it. MGS is a safe place to share something like this.

Thanks guys for reading and being that safe place.

Don't feel sorry about burdening us.   I think I can speak for all of your buddies here on MGS; you have a lot going on in your life, both happy and sad, and we are happy to help when ever we can.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thank-you for sharing this with us Rev. God bless you and your family and God bless Don and his family in this sad time for everyone. Keep your chin up and maybe have a sip of a fine brandy with a nice cigar in salute to your dear old friend while you remember the good times. I will say a prayer for all of you myself

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• 9 months later...

I apologize for being so late to this, but thank you for sharing, Rev. A wonderful eulogy for a wonderful friend. I couldn't possibly understand your pain, but you brought it closer- you truly have a way with words. I hope you've found some solace since then and maybe the memories have grown easier. Most of all, thank you for being a friend- to Don, and to all of us here.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 4 weeks later...
I apologize for being so late to this, but thank you for sharing, Rev. A wonderful eulogy for a wonderful friend. I couldn't possibly understand your pain, but you brought it closer- you truly have a way with words. I hope you've found some solace since then and maybe the memories have grown easier. Most of all, thank you for being a friend- to Don, and to all of us here.

I just saw this myself. My eye procedures over the past two weeks have been in a building next to the hospital where Don passed. I continue to miss my friend, all of us in our household do, but predictably we have moved on to where we can talk about him and laugh far more than cry.

Thanks for the kind words - a good check point for me for certain.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches