chisag

Chicago PD role

Can’t wait to see it!

BTW I have this soreness in my neck.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

That's fantastic, Congratulations.    I have three Chicago shows (PD, Fire & Med) set in my DVR, so I am looking forward to your appearance.    Sometimes, those shows crossover.   What are the chances that your character could crossover to the other shows, as well.   That would be great.

My wife is a trauma nurse, so when we watch Chicago Med, it can be difficult because she can't resist letting me know that a literary license has been used.

• Like 1

I'll be looking in to catch the air date, chi.

I'm glad that one us still works for a living.

I may have retired at 55 seventeen years ago,

but I've always enjoyed watching people work.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

That's fantastic, Congratulations.    I have three Chicago shows (PD, Fire & Med) set in my DVR, so I am looking forward to your appearance.    Sometimes, those shows crossover.   What are the chances that your character could crossover to the other shows, as well.   That would be great.

My wife is a trauma nurse, so when we watch Chicago Med, it can be difficult because she can't resist letting me know that a literary license has been used.

... Thanks, I originally played a brain surgeon on Chicago Fire first season and crossed over to Chicago PD a couple years ago. This is a new Dr role and it always has the potential to cross over to the other shows. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

I'll be looking in to catch the air date, chi.

I'm glad that one us still works for a living.

I may have retired at 55 seventeen years ago,

but I've always enjoyed watching people work.

... I have been the Humana spokesperson going on 18 years now and that has allowed me to be semi-retired. I now get to pick and chose what I want to do and how much I want to work. Afforded me the luxury of going Orlando for 3 weeks last January for the PGA Show and a ton of golf, and Phoenix last spring for 6 weeks playing golf every day. Talent counts for a lot in this business but you also have to get lucky, and I did with Humana so I am very grateful to have had a 35 year and counting career in the biz. Probably 90% of the actors I started out with back then are out of the business. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, chisag said:

...  Talent counts for a lot in this business but you also have to get lucky, and I did with Humana so I am very grateful to have had a 35 year and counting career in the biz.  

Yes, but luck is defined as when preparation meets opportunity.   So, you were prepared, recognized an opportunity and took it.    I often see Humana commercials on the TV.   So , should I be looking for you or is it a voice over gig.     

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, chisag said:

... I am the spokesperson so you will see me. Here is one I found that is pretty typical. I also have 30/60 second commercials and a 30 minute infomercial that usually runs early on the weekends:

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/dufo/humana-medicare-advantage-plan-all-the-coverage

If I'm with my buds when one of your commercials is aired, would you mind it I said "hey, I know that guy".     I don't suspect that you will ever work for the AARP, you are not helping their brokering of Supplemental  plans through United Health.    It would be like that former Verizon guy that now does Sprint commercials.  

• Like 1

Dang! Very cool! I was in some commercials as a kid, and on “Good Morning, Detroit” a couple times when I was little. I always wanted to do commercials! My wife was down to the final 2 for a Folger’s commercial, acting, and singing the jingle. It was just before we were getting married. Had she gotten it, the first payment was $70,000! Ugh. So close!!! With my Southern accent now, I have no hope of even getting voiceover work! Hahaa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I found it super easy to figure out that "chisag" meant Chicago, Screen Actors' Guild

as soon as I came back to the forum.

It was the avatar. 

The guy is little bit too good looking for this motley crew.

• Like 1

Now I know the "Humana Guy"...cool!  We've never watched Chicago PD; we're still making our way through Blue Bloods.  But this series is on our Sling TV, so perhaps we'll give it a try. Hopefully the new script will include this Dr. being a golf fanatic, with many scenes filmed on location at Medinah and Bunker Hill Farms. 👍

• Like 2

17 hours ago, chisag said:

... We are all friends here. : ) 

Yes we are.

You've been a very good contributor to our discussions in the Forum. Like you Chisag we've recently taken on a new Board member for our First Tee program. She had been with one of our local TV station affiliates for 10 years and will be very helpful to us. She has great public speaking skills and a good presence in front of a camera. If you ever want another spokesman job you can join us. However.... it doesn't pay much other than a free lunch at Board meetings. LOL

• Like 2