Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Red Sox Fan in San Diego

What's up brothers and the very few ladies on here?

Born and raised in NH and have been living in San Diego the last 7 years. Life has been real good it seems. 

I've just started really getting into golf the past 2 - 3 years. Before that, my obsession was / still is paintball (competitive, recreation, scenarios, tournament, and "outlaw ball). I've been playing that most of my life and continue to this day. Paintball, oddly, calms me down while golf is the new recreation / sport that gets me fired up (paintball does too with tournaments). 

I've been going to the range and playing a little golf with my dad here and there as a kid all the way until now. Never took it serious. I was just a range kid with my dad. 

So, I live in San Diego where the average round is great then 4.5 hours roughly and courses don't seem to mind sending out a five some. 

Couple of fun facts:

• Most recent GHIN is 15.4
  • For the longest time, my stock shot was a fade and somewhat still is. I've trained and practiced enough that a draw in preferred but it can get away from me. 
  • I have very little to no brand loyalty but, I respect all manufacturers and what they do. I'll give ANY club a try.
  • I'm an iron *****. In the past 3 years: Ping I3, G30s, Wilson V5, Cobra MB King (3 different sets of these), PXG 0311T's (1st gen), Mizuno MP18SCs, P790s, and now JPX919 Tours.
  • Right now, my problem is thinning my irons.
  • I'll play and actually prefer to play the hardest tees possible. Noone ever got better by getting it easy. 

Anyways, if you're in San Diego and wanna play a round, by all means, send me a message. I'm a social butterfly and will play sober, competitive, buzzed, and different games (like one club rounds).

Deuces

Nice intro!  Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.  I haven't played much around San Diego; only Torrey, Barona Creek, and Cross Creek up in Temecula.  I traveled over the mountains to Palm Springs; played  a lot there.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Greetings from Idaho! Love the "Diego"! Did boot camp (MCRD) there and learned to surf off of Tourmaline Bay and sailed my a**** off out on Mission bay on my Uncle's Hobie Cat. Great memories and love to visit whenever we can. Thanks for the offer and if it works out, I'll PM you. Welcome aboard!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Great intro. Welcome I am in San Diego also.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

What's up brothers and the very few ladies on here?
Born and raised in NH and have been living in San Diego the last 7 years. Life has been real good it seems. 
I've just started really getting into golf the past 2 - 3 years. Before that, my obsession was / still is paintball (competitive, recreation, scenarios, tournament, and "outlaw ball). I've been playing that most of my life and continue to this day. Paintball, oddly, calms me down while golf is the new recreation / sport that gets me fired up (paintball does too with tournaments). 
I've been going to the range and playing a little golf with my dad here and there as a kid all the way until now. Never took it serious. I was just a range kid with my dad. 
So, I live in San Diego where the average round is great then 4.5 hours roughly and courses don't seem to mind sending out a five some. 
Couple of fun facts:
  • Most recent GHIN is 15.4
  • For the longest time, my stock shot was a fade and somewhat still is. I've trained and practiced enough that a draw in preferred but it can get away from me. 
  • I have very little to no brand loyalty but, I respect all manufacturers and what they do. I'll give ANY club a try.
  • I'm an iron *****. In the past 3 years: Ping I3, G30s, Wilson V5, Cobra MB King (3 different sets of these), PXG 0311T's (1st gen), Mizuno MP18SCs, P790s, and now JPX919 Tours.
  • Right now, my problem is thinning my irons.
  • I'll play and actually prefer to play the hardest tees possible. Noone ever got better by getting it easy. 
Anyways, if you're in San Diego and wanna play a round, by all means, send me a message. I'm a social butterfly and will play sober, competitive, buzzed, and different games (like one club rounds).

Deuces
Whats going on stanks? Im an SD native and proud Padres fan. You remind me of myself...no brand loyalty. Haha. I consider myself a "new gen" player. Competitive but really out there just to have fun, drunk or sober.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

13 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

Nice intro!  Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.  I haven't played much around San Diego; only Torrey, Barona Creek, and Cross Creek up in Temecula.  I traveled over the mountains to Palm Springs; played  a lot there.

Torrey is the "spectacle" of San Diego. It's great to play and will test ya! I can't speak for Barona creek or Cross Creek but will have to take a look up that way. I am playing Indio / Palm Springs / La Quinta in a week and am jazzed to give them a whirl!

12 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Greetings from Idaho! Love the "Diego"! Did boot camp (MCRD) there and learned to surf off of Tourmaline Bay and sailed my a**** off out on Mission bay on my Uncle's Hobie Cat. Great memories and love to visit whenever we can. Thanks for the offer and if it works out, I'll PM you. Welcome aboard!

Always a lot of great memories from anyone I've met that has spent time or served in SD. Thank you for your service! Tourmaline is still a surfer new ne experienced paradise! Water is great lately! 

2 minutes ago, KCLeo12 said:

Great intro. Welcome I am in San Diego also.

Bienvendios, fellow San Diegan!!! I'm living that PB life (still). I can't get out of here! 

1 minute ago, richsgbox said:

Whats going on stanks? Im an SD native and proud Padres fan. You remind me of myself...no brand loyalty. Haha. I consider myself a "new gen" player. Competitive but really out there just to have fun, drunk or sober.

Sent from my SM-G960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Well!!! I am so new to the game that I can't really have brand loyalty! I am still kind of learning everything and trying everything I can get my hands on. I have a lot of well placed friendships and contacts in most golf companies around here and Carlsbad. Lately, I am quite partial to my Mizuno irons and my new TM Hi-Toe wedge which I wish they made all the way down to 46 degrees since I don't use a PW by "stock means" haha. 

I'm playing Chula Vista again this weekend. Hope you cats shoot low and make some eagles (maybe an ACE [why not shoot for the moon, ya know?]?!) this weekend if you're playing!

Welcome to the forum from The Big Sky State... where trout outnumber people by 10000:1, and golfers by even more. 🤣

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Welcome to MyGolfSpy!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

From a fellow Sox fan transplanted to San Diego (via MA about 7 yrs ago and never leaving if I can help it), nice intro! I highly recommend Barona Creek btw, especially now that its cooling off out there. Not sure if they still have this deal but in past years if you tee off post- 11:00 which is their winter-time "twilight" the greens fee drops substantially (I think like $80 vs $160). Very interesting layout with some elevation changes and possibly the best greens that are open to the public in San Diego (outside of Torrey around tournament times of course). I've never seen it too crowded either, so you can get through in 4 hrs easily. 

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Nice intro - welcome to the forum from northwest Ohio.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 10/19/2018 at 8:54 AM, hartrick11 said:

From a fellow Sox fan transplanted to San Diego (via MA about 7 yrs ago and never leaving if I can help it), nice intro! I highly recommend Barona Creek btw, especially now that its cooling off out there. Not sure if they still have this deal but in past years if you tee off post- 11:00 which is their winter-time "twilight" the greens fee drops substantially (I think like $80 vs $160). Very interesting layout with some elevation changes and possibly the best greens that are open to the public in San Diego (outside of Torrey around tournament times of course). I've never seen it too crowded either, so you can get through in 4 hrs easily. 

You know? I have never had the please of dropping in on Barona Creek. I don't read anything about it or hear anything about it so, thanks for adding it to my check out list. The cool thing about the place we live in is the fact that many people would call it the "mecca" of golf. There are always places to play. My normal local go to's are:

1. Mission Bay (literally 1 - 2 minute drive from house... VIVA PB!)
  2. Bonita
  3.  Torrey North and South
  4. La Jolla CC
  5. Admiral Baker
  6. Riverwalk

I played Crosby Rancho Santa Fe today as a guest and that place, if you have the means and contacts, I would highly recommend to take every opportunity to play. It is a great great spot that is highly renowned. 

Last but not least, GO SOX!

On 10/19/2018 at 9:28 AM, tony@CIC said:

Nice intro - welcome to the forum from northwest Ohio.

Thank you thank you! Getting ready for the cold cold coming your way? Never been to Ohio but it's on the bucket list!!!

Barona is very good, Cross Creek is one of my favorites, The Crossings in Carlsbad is good, Arrowwood in Oceanside is good, Camp Pendleton is really good now, also there is Sycuan Willow or Oak Glenn.

Ping G410 LST 10.5 set -1* Flat Accra TZ5 65 M5

Callaway Epic Flash 15* set -1 Aldila ATX Blue 75TX

Ben Hogan FT Worth Hi 19* KBS Tour V X

Ben Hogan PTX Pro 4-P KBS Tour V X 2* Flat 4* loft increments

Hogan Equalizer 50* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 X 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 56* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

Hogan Equalizer 62* KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 2* Flat

EVNROLL ER7 P2 Aware Tour
Scotty Cameron Newport2 Buttonback P2 Aware Tour Grip
Snell MTB-X

Welcome, make yourself at home.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

Welcome to My Golf Spy!

Driver -  :callaway-small:   Rogue ST Max
Woods - :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max  3, 5 & 7 Woods
Irons  -   :callaway-small:  Rogue ST Max                                                                                                                                                                                       

Wedges - :cleveland-small:  Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*                                                                                                                                               

Putter -  Evnroll   ER2
Rangefinder - :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX-10 Slope
Ball -  :vice: Pro Tour Drip                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bag -  :tour-edge: Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

On 10/20/2018 at 7:47 PM, Stanks said:

You know? I have never had the please of dropping in on Barona Creek. I don't read anything about it or hear anything about it so, thanks for adding it to my check out list. The cool thing about the place we live in is the fact that many people would call it the "mecca" of golf. There are always places to play. My normal local go to's are:

1. Mission Bay (literally 1 - 2 minute drive from house... VIVA PB!)
  2. Bonita
  3.  Torrey North and South
  4. La Jolla CC
  5. Admiral Baker
  6. Riverwalk

I played Crosby Rancho Santa Fe today as a guest and that place, if you have the means and contacts, I would highly recommend to take every opportunity to play. It is a great great spot that is highly renowned. 

Last but not least, GO SOX!

Thank you thank you! Getting ready for the cold cold coming your way? Never been to Ohio but it's on the bucket list!!!

Welcome to MGS! 

If you ever play Crosby again please let me know! I've been trying to play there for some time, but I don't have any connections there! 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Welcome

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Nice introduction! Welcome to the forum from Indiana

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

• 2 weeks later...

i have a feeling you're gonna fit right in here.

Enjoy this great website. Lots of great people here.

tenor (1).gif

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to MGS from Seattle, WA!

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Archived