TESTERS WANTED! ×

Have you played with anyone famous/celeb?

perseveringgolfer

Chisags post on his upcoming Dr part made me think of the question "have you played a round with someone famous or celeb? someone that both sides of the pond might recognise as opposed to a local celeb?

I haven't 🙄 closest I've been is standing at the bar at Royal Troon golf club and standing next to me chatting was Jack Nicklaus and Tom Watson 😃

I hadn't a clue what to say, I got the beers in and slinked back to my seat kicking myself for not even saying hello, but what do you say in these circumstances? beats me.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I’ve been on the range with several LPGA players and a couple of Remax long drive guys - the first is humiliating (you quickly discover that you aren’t as good as you think you are) and the second is a hoot.

I also played in a scramble where I got paired with John McGloklin. For those who don’t remember him he was an NBA All Star and team mate of Abdul Jabbar in Milwaukee and is the color guy for the Bucks. He was one of my favorite players as a kid.

Not only that but I was the A player on that team and I played like it - sat next to him at the banquet and rode with him in the cart. It was a great day - sadly the next day erased all that good feeling - you may remember it - September 11, 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I played with a former Braves pitcher a couple times but I don’t think anyone would call him famous lol

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

@Eseay - well unless he was John Smoltz or Greg Maddux. :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Denny Nagle who used to pitch for the Pirates and Rockies. But he was hardly a big name.

Sean O'Hair in the Farmers Insurance Pro AM about 4 years ago. Pretty quiet guy but once one of the other Dim Wit AM's stopped trying to pump him for Tour diet and he and I started talking Redskins (my team) and Eagles (his team) he changed 100%. The rest of the round was like going back and forth with trash talk with a buddy.

My big miss was I had the chance to play with Jim Brown as I was driving him from my hotel to my home course for a round and my clubs were at home. 95% of the time they had been in my SUV. But I had just gotten back from a trip and hasn't out them back in.

Still got to spend two hours with him the next morning over breakfast. Facinating man.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Cory Redding when he was with the Ravens at Golfspy Robs old home course 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Chipper Jones a few times (he’s a Richard head)

Boo Weekly

Steven Bowditch

A few lesser knowns. Hit balls next to a few others folks would knowas well. 

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Been lucky playing in some celebrity events. Played with Adam Graves, Roy White, Justin Leonard, John Daly, Eddie Dougherty and our current POTUS. Best part was they were all down to earth and a lot of fun on the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

No chance to play yet, but had an up close and personal Q&A round with Matteo Manassero, Joe Miller and Sandra Carlborg.
And was on the same putting green as Yani Tseng when she was still #1 :lol:

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 2 weeks later...

Accidentally paired up with Wayne Birch (caddy for Troy Merritt) when Northern Trust was around. It was right before it started and was playing the public course right across from Ridgewood. My foursome didn’t show so starter added me to his group. He was just playing local places while getting ready for the tournament and this was right next door. Both him and his buddies were all gracious enough to let me tag along. Really cool group and glad to watch them in action. All used 2 iron off the tee and punched it every time. Amazing to watch. Go ‘Draino’! Smile.

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/barbasol-championship-final-round?sort=mostpopular&mediatype=photography&phrase=barbasol%20championship%20final%20round

IMG_7173.thumb.jpg.8ad8f69a2c6f736467cf8783b769f6ad.jpg

Archived