TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Forum Focus Group: What would YOU like to see change?

STUDque

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Without some big cash flow, I doubt MGS will be able to sponsor official course reviews like this. If it pleases the court, I could put together a standard review template for unofficial course reviews. These would be posted into a master review thread like we have for golf balls. Folks could review their home course or other courses as they travel to share the goodness with the rest of us.

Thanks to everyone that has submitted input thus far. There's definitely some great stuff in here. Keep it coming!

I think MBP has one from a few years ago

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Without some big cash flow, I doubt MGS will be able to sponsor official course reviews like this. If it pleases the court, I could put together a standard review template for unofficial course reviews. These would be posted into a master review thread like we have for golf balls. Folks could review their home course or other courses as they travel to share the goodness with the rest of us.

Thanks to everyone that has submitted input thus far. There's definitely some great stuff in here. Keep it coming!

I think there should be master review each in each regional forums areas.  That way, if people are looking for courses to play in a specific area, they know where they could find potential reviews.

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

That's what I was thinking.  We have all probably done a cursory review of courses that we've played in several threads.  Reviews are hard to find, and if I'm traveling somewhere, I'm not going to spend a lot of time trying to find a review scattered all over the site.  I know we have a Golf Course Review & travel forum, but it needs to be expanded to include states and areas of the country.  I like the threads posted there, but a forum guide/template posted in the appropriate sections would be great!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I would throw in my $.02 for well, really nothing. I don’t have any suggestions.

This site reignited my passion for the game and gave me an opportunity to introduce myself and demo a product this season.

The content is great and you do a great job keeping things relevant and current with your audience.

Strong work with Instagram and Facebook as well.

In a world where social media has become a pit of misery, this is a pleasant escape from reality.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I would like to see testing on how different tee boxes impact scoring - in other words what is the average strokes gained/lost relative to the tee boxes chosen. I have read different things in the past but not from a place as unbiased as MGS. It would be interesting what impacts it more - handicap or length or a combination.

I know there are many variables to consider but it would be interesting to see data on that.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

15 hours ago, jlukes said:

I think there should be master review each in each regional forums areas.  That way, if people are looking for courses to play in a specific area, they know where they could find potential reviews.

Great idea. Mod's as an example I belong to a boating forum (THT) that has regional forums - you might want to see how they do it.

I noticed we do have a number of members from Ohio/Michigan, Maryland area, Georgia, and Florida. We could start there and provide course descriptions/personal ratings, great golf shops,etc.  This would also benefit those of us that are traveling to those areas for golfing vacations. Probably wouldn't take much programming to change the current tab to Regional Reviews and create a sub forum for the area. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 10/20/2018 at 6:33 PM, jlukes said:

I think a great change for reviews would be to make sure the reviewers are actively discussing their experience as they go along. The stage one and twos are nice summaries, but often time all momentum for discussion is long gone by the time the stage 2s roll around.

Live posts during rounds, small posts after practice sessions and just general thoughts should be constantly posted by the reviewer. It engages the readers/members much more and promotes discussion rather than the blog-post like stage 1 and 2s that I'd wager very few people read entirely

Agree with this one. My Stage 2 on the i500 was ready weeks ago, but we were asked to wait until this week to post online. I gotta do it anyways, cause I'm going on vacation next week.
But people test at their own tempo, some might take 1 week off and squeeze 10 rounds of golf while others can only play 2 rounds each weekend.

So perhaps just let people post their Stage 2 when they are ready so the thread can be kept alive.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

Agree with this one. My Stage 2 on the i500 was ready weeks ago, but we were asked to wait until this week to post online. I gotta do it anyways, cause I'm going on vacation next week.
But people test at their own tempo, some might take 1 week off and squeeze 10 rounds of golf while others can only play 2 rounds each weekend.

So perhaps just let people post their Stage 2 when they are ready so the thread can be kept alive.

Unfortunately when you have a big event going on aka cobra connect. You have to push things back because that gets a ton of attention and devotion. 

If I could drop my own .02 about testing structure...

So, I got picked for ST-180 Testing and put my time and heart and soul into that thing. Rob is right, sometimes you're at the mercy of the company as it took some time before our orders were placed and delivered, but sometimes you're also at the mercy of luck and other opportunities. When our test was starting Cobra Connect was in the middle of it's run and Ping and Cleveland Driver testing just ended. There was a small window to capitalize on the momentum and we did our best, but sometimes stuff just happens. We tried to pull everyone through that thread through posing questions and what not, but we lost the momentum and never got it back.

I guess what I'm saying there is perhaps just better spacing on club reviews, different things for different folks, trying not to have multiple similar reviews going on at the same time. However, again, you're at the mercy of the companies on this one.

Second, as mentioned earlier, I love that the mods have made a concerted effort on thread combining and relocation, but we can do better collectively. It's thankless work that gets done and I appreciate the effort, but sometimes stuff just gets lost in the shuffle, or it can be confusing to determine what goes where. I know I asked for a couple of my Most Wanted results threads as to where things should go to get the most traction. Perhaps that's more on us than the mods, knowing to post club questions in the US Equipment or general sports q's like the Khaili Mack thread that was in the 19th Hole, because we can do better and we shouldn't need to rely on the mods to bail us out of easily avoidable things.

Third, I'm gonna second JLukes' idea for a master review thread for the regions. That's smart and would be really cool to learn more about where ya'll like to play and what you like in a golf course.

Finally, and maybe this is a bit out there, perhaps a thread or even a sub-forum exclusively for social media golf posts? A round-up of stuff like from your reviewers and testers, coaches, and just nifty stuff from Youtube and Instagram that some of us might miss and could also bring discussion about that stuff. Not sure how it would be implemented though and may take some stuff away from 19th Hole in the long run.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

28 minutes ago, bergtaur said:

If I could drop my own .02 about testing structure...

So, I got picked for ST-180 Testing and put my time and heart and soul into that thing. Rob is right, sometimes you're at the mercy of the company as it took some time before our orders were placed and delivered, but sometimes you're also at the mercy of luck and other opportunities. When our test was starting Cobra Connect was in the middle of it's run and Ping and Cleveland Driver testing just ended. There was a small window to capitalize on the momentum and we did our best, but sometimes stuff just happens. We tried to pull everyone through that thread through posing questions and what not, but we lost the momentum and never got it back.

I guess what I'm saying there is perhaps just better spacing on club reviews, different things for different folks, trying not to have multiple similar reviews going on at the same time. However, again, you're at the mercy of the companies on this one.

Second, as mentioned earlier, I love that the mods have made a concerted effort on thread combining and relocation, but we can do better collectively. It's thankless work that gets done and I appreciate the effort, but sometimes stuff just gets lost in the shuffle, or it can be confusing to determine what goes where. I know I asked for a couple of my Most Wanted results threads as to where things should go to get the most traction. Perhaps that's more on us than the mods, knowing to post club questions in the US Equipment or general sports q's like the Khaili Mack thread that was in the 19th Hole, because we can do better and we shouldn't need to rely on the mods to bail us out of easily avoidable things.

Third, I'm gonna second JLukes' idea for a master review thread for the regions. That's smart and would be really cool to learn more about where ya'll like to play and what you like in a golf course.

Finally, and maybe this is a bit out there, perhaps a thread or even a sub-forum exclusively for social media golf posts? A round-up of stuff like from your reviewers and testers, coaches, and just nifty stuff from Youtube and Instagram that some of us might miss and could also bring discussion about that stuff. Not sure how it would be implemented though and may take some stuff away from 19th Hole in the long run.

Some really good thoughts there Berg...thanks for chiming in.   Seems the master regional threads is a definite want from the majority of the forum and is on our list!    I really like your last thought as well! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My main suggestion has been covered by others, finding reviews would be so much easier if they were broken down into club types and year.

Year, equipment type (driver, irons, wedges, putters, balls, everything else.)

We had so many reviews this year it was hard to keep track.

Course reviews by country and region would be great, but would need a reasonably standard format

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Some great suggestions here and I echo most comments.

As MGS's reason for being is about independent testing with no marketing hype, an organised testing thread based on year/month/manufacturer and equipment type would help people zero in on their current interest. If it's easier to find they will come back everytime to see what 'normal' golfers really think of a product as opposed to just googling for reviews and finding paid for advertising or magazine reviews that never tell the real story but just regurgitate the OEM's marketing guff in their own speak.

I had an idea about testing, particularly for the high ticket items but not sure it would go down very well, plus I've not really thought through the pro's and con's yet, so here goes...

When testers are chosen for an expensive driver or more expensive set of the latest irons would it be an idea to have the testers pay MGS a refundable commitment pledge of say $50. This would be returned to the individual after stage 2's are completed satisfactorily. Like I say I've not thought it through and it might cause some internal issues as there is money involved and we all know the route of evil lives there.

Next, would it be prudent for any testers to be 'given' an MGS headcover/putter cover/pitch repairer or similar (1 item) which states 'MGS TESTER', gives bragging rights, increases MGS profile, it's a badge of honour and a talking point with fellow players and might overall increase site traffic and forum numbers. Again it would only be provided after completion of stage 2's.

Just a thought.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Next, would it be prudent for any testers to be 'given' an MGS headcover/putter cover/pitch repairer or similar (1 item) which states 'MGS TESTER', gives bragging rights, increases MGS profile, it's a badge of honour and a talking point with fellow players and might overall increase site traffic and forum numbers. Again it would only be provided after completion of stage 2's.

I like this idea!

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

When testers are chosen for an expensive driver or more expensive set of the latest irons would it be an idea to have the testers pay MGS a refundable commitment pledge of say $50. This would be returned to the individual after stage 2's are completed satisfactorily. Like I say I've not thought it through and it might cause some internal issues as there is money involved and we all know the route of evil lives there.

I haven't really noticed any issues that may require a deposit - I think they choose testers carefully which limits the risk of of people taking the goods and not following through. I know there have been issues in the past, but I don't think $50 will necessarily dissuade someone from being shady, especially when we are talking about over $2000 worth of stuff for full bag tests. Just my opinion, of course.

I love the second point - very cool idea. It may not be feasible given the number of testers over the course of the year, but it is a great idea.

By the way, you misspelled honor. 🤣

EDIT: I agree with all those who have posted that a little different organization of the review threads might be helpful. There was so much testing this year that at times it was difficult to follow, so I tended to follow the reviews I was most interested in rather than all of them. I would think if a person is interested in drivers, they should be able to find all the driver reviews easily, in one place.

I don't recall who brought it up (perhaps a few), but regarding some format changes in stage1/stage 2 to increase interest, I'm not really sure much change is needed, maybe just some fine-tuning. I really like the stage 1's since it gives us a chance to get to "know" our online friends better and I tend to think the product itself is really what is going to provide most of the traction for a review.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Just a thought.

I like the 'MGS Tester' headcover or bag tag (after stage 2) that creates visibility and get other playing partners to ask questions. Not so much the 50. 'deposit'  I think in the scheme of things people that won't participate in the stages it won't matter. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

51 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I like the 'MGS Tester' headcover or bag tag (after stage 2) that creates visibility and get other playing partners to ask questions. Not so much the 50. 'deposit'  I think in the scheme of things people that won't participate in the stages it won't matter. 

Tony I agree plus the money thing can get real finicky. I love the head cover idea even if it's just available for a tester to buy.

Of course, we'd need different "MGS Tester" headcovers depending on what we tested. Those who tested woods and putters are already set, but I can't wait to get a sweet set of MGS neoprene headcovers on my G700 irons :)

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I could see this headcover idea gaining a lot of traction!

I know I'd love one... Even if it was for my driver despite testing irons. Id probably get a patch made up for "2018 Ping i210"

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Mine seems simple. I read in my phone 99.9% of the time. When I read an article in the blog section at the end it say “read full article.” sometimes therses to be more, sometimes not. Can we get rid of this?
Good luck with the upcoming wedge reviews and plans I learned about during my visit to LabX. You guys were awesome and way too generous. The only thing missing, r/t location, was Tony. It was like walking into a movie/tv show and meeting all the characters you have seen and read so many times

What about a real travel section? I really love the thread about where spy’s eat. I am also writing up a travelogue about the trip to Bethpage that also brought me to the Lab. It would be cool if there were a Travel Review and planning/ implementing specific space for those traveling

Mine seems simple. I read in my phone 99.9% of the time. When I read an article in the blog section at the end it say “read full article.” sometimes therses to be more, sometimes not. Can we get rid of this?
Good luck with the upcoming wedge reviews and plans I learned about during my visit to LabX. You guys were awesome and way too generous. The only thing missing, r/t location, was Tony. It was like walking into a movie/tv show and meeting all the characters you have seen and read so many times

Also, sorry I told you guys my handle was “kingotheworldma”. Oops. That was my handle on that other place where everyone can hit a PW 180 and a driver a cool mile.

9 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Some great suggestions here and I echo most comments.

As MGS's reason for being is about independent testing with no marketing hype, an organised testing thread based on year/month/manufacturer and equipment type would help people zero in on their current interest. If it's easier to find they will come back everytime to see what 'normal' golfers really think of a product as opposed to just googling for reviews and finding paid for advertising or magazine reviews that never tell the real story but just regurgitate the OEM's marketing guff in their own speak.

I had an idea about testing, particularly for the high ticket items but not sure it would go down very well, plus I've not really thought through the pro's and con's yet, so here goes...

Just a thought.

Good idea on the headcovers for testers.

As others have said, overall the number of people who take the product and don't fulfill the review obligations are very very rare.  So a deposit probably isn't needed!  We're lucky to have such quality people as members...for many reasons. 

1 hour ago, kingcscott said:

Also, sorry I told you guys my handle was “kingotheworldma”. Oops. That was my handle on that other place where everyone can hit a PW 180 and a driver a cool mile.

shouldnt it have been TopOfTheWorldMa if you are referring to Jimmy Cagney 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

So many great ideas!

The two that I haven’t seen that could be considered are:

The return of the Member of the Month or MoM. I thought that was a really fun award - loved when I won it and enjoyed the other winners also.

Also we had some features about tour players. I’d love to see more of those particularly about the equipment that they are gaming and why. It would be very interesting to see a couple of LPGA players featured as well. Again including the equipment they use and why.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I would love to see a direct to consumer golf ball test compared to a baseline top brand golf ball (Pro V1). With so many brands and options out there, which would perform best for my game? I never played a Snell or vice or cut golf ball until I finally bought a dozen Snell on Amazon. They perform very similar to the TP5X in my opinion so that got me wondering about other brands out there. I know that would be a tedious test but I would fly to Newport News and donate my time for this test! 10,000 swings? You got it.

Also for product reviews, something simple to add to help someone reading is to add handicap/skill level at the beginning of the review for each stage. I'll read a stage two on something and then realize this guy isn't in the same boat as me skill wise. I'd rather focus on someone with a similar playing level to me.

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

We don't seem to have very many ladies participating - perhaps a section or forum topic that would appeal to them? 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

We don't seem to have very many ladies participating - perhaps a section or forum topic that would appeal to them? 

Yeah, that is not just the case here but on the other two big Fourms as well.  I was a member of both them for several years and still pop into both and I can count on one hand the number of active females on both sites combined. 

I think it was discussed on one of them and one female said among her friends, they just didn't' get talking on the internet to strangers, regardless if it was golf, shopping, cooking, kids...etc.   that said they tend to flock to Facebook.  I guess because there they are keeping up with relatives and friends, versus arranging to travel out of town to play golf for two or three days with guy/ladies you've never met.  

So all that said, i don't think there are any particular thread topics that would draw them to the site.  But if Im wrong and one of them wants to speak up, we'd love to hear it.  We had only one active woman member early in the year that was part of the Snell test, but after that she kinda disappeared.  

17 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Yeah, that is not just the case here but on the other two big Fourms as well.  I was a member of both them for several years and still pop into both and I can count on one hand the number of active females on both sites combined. 

I think it was discussed on one of them and one female said among her friends, they just didn't' get talking on the internet to strangers, regardless if it was golf, shopping, cooking, kids...etc.   that said they tend to flock to Facebook.  I guess because there they are keeping up with relatives and friends, versus arranging to travel out of town to play golf for two or three days with guy/ladies you've never met.  

So all that said, i don't think there are any particular thread topics that would draw them to the site.  But if Im wrong and one of them wants to speak up, we'd love to hear it.  We had only one active woman member early in the year that was part of the Snell test, but after that she kinda disappeared.  

Probably true.  I keep my wife up to speed on threads that I think she might be interested in (she knows some of you by name!).  She is mostly glued to Facebook.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”