Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MGS Forum Focus Group: What would YOU like to see change?

STUDque

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We'll be making changes slowly but surely throughout the winter.  We'll start small, first up: upload limits.  

Donors can now upload up to 1GB of attachments

Members remain at 500GB

Stay tuned.  We'll use this thread to announce new changes.

Did we put some sort of limit on HarintheHat's GIF use though 😋

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Stud and Rob  - I like the new "SPY VIP" tag you have. Is that new  - never noticed it before. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

• 1 year later...

Old thread but this has been on my mind every time I've ever seen the most wanted results.

It would be amazing if members could access the data for particular testers individually.  Maybe allow for an even more individualized appreciation of the great results.

i.e. May be able to isolate on one tester who produces similar SS/LA/AoA etc .... and see what worked better for that golfer.

Just a thought.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

32 minutes ago, Badams69 said:

Old thread but this has been on my mind every time I've ever seen the most wanted results.

It would be amazing if members could access the data for particular testers individually.  Maybe allow for an even more individualized appreciation of the great results.

i.e. May be able to isolate on one tester who produces similar SS/LA/AoA etc .... and see what worked better for that golfer.

Just a thought.

Interesting thought snd i see how it could be useful. Off hand i say they already have so many demands for the data to broken down such as:

list by swing speed

list vs last years winner

list versus last 5 winners

list versus own OEM previous years model. 

List versus drivers hit in 50 degree temps with 20 mph winds.  
well i made that last one up, but you get the idea 😀

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Interesting thought snd i see how it could be useful. Off hand i say they already have so many demands for the data to broken down such as:

list by swing speed

list vs last years winner

list versus last 5 winners

list versus own OEM previous years model. 

List versus drivers hit in 50 degree temps with 20 mph winds.  
well i made that last one up, but you get the idea 😀

I do, I guess it is simply making the existing data available to be sorted.  However I know that is not just one mouse click and it appears.  But in defense of this one thought it is not additional to the data being sorted through each season.

I laugh when people request year-z to be compared to year-x, that is available all over youtube.  It is also not that hard to simply pull up the past data and just look at it.

Though something must be different because when I did that a couple times the data was drastically different ..... 10-15 yd carry different.  So that likely wasn't a good comparison.

Yes - this website likely does enough already ..... but someone (was it you?) started this thread and I fell right in the trap!

😷

WITB

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

1 hour ago, Badams69 said:

I do, I guess it is simply making the existing data available to be sorted.  However I know that is not just one mouse click and it appears.  But in defense of this one thought it is not additional to the data being sorted through each season.

I laugh when people request year-z to be compared to year-x, that is available all over youtube.  It is also not that hard to simply pull up the past data and just look at it.

Though something must be different because when I did that a couple times the data was drastically different ..... 10-15 yd carry different.  So that likely wasn't a good comparison.

Yes - this website likely does enough already ..... but someone (was it you?) started this thread and I fell right in the trap!

😷

I think it was my esteemed colleague Studque 

And yes, I don't pretend to know enough about data and how to sort and qualify.    I'm sure too it in a meaningful way Is as you said more then one click. 

But I agree. It would be awesome to put in a filter.  60 year old 15 handicap with 90 mph swing speed and see that guys results for each driver.  Definitely would be of interest. 

4 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Just a thought.

I'd like to be able to see my own data from all the clubs too  😁

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I'd like to be able to see my own data from all the clubs too  😁

Yeah - that is much better.  MGS is just sitting on their hands, now that you brought it up!

WITB

11 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Yeah - that is much better.  MGS is just sitting on their hands, now that you brought it up!

Not sure that understand your comment.  MGS is free to publish whatever information that they want and no matter what they do someone will complain about some aspect of what they do.  Why do you think they are sitting on their hands?  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, Badams69 said:

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Not sure that understand your comment.  MGS is free to publish whatever information that they want and no matter what they do someone will complain about some aspect of what they do.  Why do you think they are sitting on their hands?  

I'm guessing you guys might be talking past each other here (though I could be wrong). @Badams69, @cnosil's comment about wanting to see his own data is a reference to the fact that he does a ton of testing for Most Wanted. So he was joking (though it could happen) that he could narrow down a filter and actually see his own data with each club.

Cnosil, if he doesn't know that you're a tester, the comment about wanting to have your own data visible on MGS would sound absurd, which I think was the basis of his joking comment.

Again, I might be wrong, but I think both of you made jokes that might have been lost on the other.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

12 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

I'm guessing you guys might be talking past each other here (though I could be wrong). @Badams69, @cnosil's comment about wanting to see his own data is a reference to the fact that he does a ton of testing for Most Wanted. So he was joking (though it could happen) that he could narrow down a filter and actually see his own data with each club.

Cnosil, if he doesn't know that you're a tester, the comment about wanting to have your own data visible on MGS would sound absurd, which I think was the basis of his joking comment.

Again, I might be wrong, but I think both of you made jokes that might have been lost on the other.

Right on.

No - I hadn't the slightest clue. I thought he was joking about seeing his own (i.e. that would be most pertinent of all)

Sitting on hands - correct .... in jest as if MyGolfSpy is lazy for not getting every reader their own numbers with every club imaginable.

All kidding aside - input is great!

WITB

Right on.
No - I hadn't the slightest clue. I thought he was joking about seeing his own (i.e. that would be most pertinent of all)
Sitting on hands - correct .... in jest as if MyGolfSpy is lazy for not getting every reader their own numbers with every club imaginable.
All kidding aside - input is great!

Sorry to have caused confusion. I forget that new people to the forum don’t know that I am one of the testers.

7 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Sorry to have caused confusion. I forget that new people to the forum don’t know that I am one of the testers.

Not an issue here.

I'm looking at your shafts in your clubs signature 

Seems we likely aren't all that far apart in what we use .

So I'm rooting to see those results individually

🧐

WITB

• 3 years later...

While this is a very old thread, we still do have a dedicated focus group. 

Are you new to the forum and want to get more involved? Pitch ideas to where the forum is headed? Send me a PM and can discuss getting you involved in our forum focus group!

There could potentially be other future opportunities as well 😉

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)