GolfSpy STUDque

MGS Forum Focus Group: What would YOU like to see change?

Our Sponsors

...one more thing about the reviews - I'm not sure how much interaction you guys have with the OEM's but I have always wondered if they pay attention to how the review came out and what their thoughts are.  Is it possible to share any of that communication?

• Like 1

StrokerAce
:cobra-small:  Speedzone Xtreme 
:cobra-small:  King F7 3w Fujikara 
:titelist-small:  816 H1 21 Diamana red
--------------------------
:srixon-small: Z785 4-P KBS tour 120 
:vokey-small:  SM6 54/58 
:cleveland-small: S.O.F.T. #1
:918457628_PrecisionPro: nx7 pro rangefinder
:1590477705_SunMountain:  C130 bag
:Arccos: Stat tracking

Franklin, MA; Right Handed; 10
"the club face sends it, the path bends it..."

6 minutes ago, strokerAce said:

...one more thing about the reviews - I'm not sure how much interaction you guys have with the OEM's but I have always wondered if they pay attention to how the review came out and what their thoughts are.  Is it possible to share any of that communication?

It's really dependent on the OEM.  Some follow them quietly and anomalously from afar and prefer to keep it that way, some follow it and comment on them publicly, I think Shotscope and Precision Pro are ones that come to mind like that.   But by all means if one of the OEM contacts give us feedback that they want passed on we love to do that.    

The CobraConnect guys know that Enrique did a great job of keeping the Cobra folks updated each week on the results of the challenge and all the activity it was generating. 

But also remember those folks day to day job responsibilities may or may not normally fall into the Social Media or forum engagement arena's  often it's something extra they are doing and in many cases doing it with multiple outlets.   Think of all the youtube reviewers that are out there, and you can imagine how difficult it would be for them to have an ongoing interaction with each one.    

But good comment! 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TS1 10.5 Fubuki 45g Shaft

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5w 18* Ventus Black 

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7,9 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T300 KBS TGI 80 5 iron thorugh 46 W2

:vokey-small: SM7 50.08, 54.08 and 58.14 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

1 minute ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

It's really dependent on the OEM.  Some follow them quietly and anomalously from afar and prefer to keep it that way, some follow it and comment on them publicly, I think Shotscope and Precision Pro are ones that come to mind like that.   But by all means if one of the OEM contacts give us feedback that they want passed on we love to do that.    

The CobraConnect guys know that Enrique did a great job of keeping the Cobra folks updated each week on the results of the challenge and all the activity it was generating. 

But also remember those folks day to day job responsibilities may or may not normally fall into the Social Media or forum engagement arena's  often it's something extra they are doing and in many cases doing it with multiple outlets.   Think of all the youtube reviewers that are out there, and you can imagine how difficult it would be for them to have an ongoing interaction with each one.    

But good comment! 

Understood.... I guess I was thinking about the Srixon commercial in which they mentioned MGS specifically when I wrote that.  Seems like they are watching and it does matter.  :)

• Like 2

StrokerAce

16 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I think the Bridgestone wedge review this year was conducted a little like this. All questions were answered throughout and stage 2 was a summation of all the thoughts throughout the thread. I think more people were engaged in this review and it was more riveting than two blog posts. 

Yep good catch, toward the end of the season we kind of unofficially let guys gravitate toward that.    Due to the number of guys in the PING I210 and I500 testings, we probably should have pushed that thought upfront to the guys, as a few had shipping issues and we had different continents involved and such.   But that is an approach I think we might  definitely look toward in 2019. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, strokerAce said:

Understood.... I guess I was thinking about the Srixon commercial in which they mentioned MGS specifically when I wrote that.  Seems like they are watching and it does matter.  :)

The Most Wanted on the Blog definitely gets attention from them (OEM's) , and I think a lot of that feedback goes directly to Tony and Adam as they generally have different contacts than we do for the forum testings.  Not in every case but in a lot of them. 

• Like 1

Well Thank you to everyone, as this has consumed my lunch today. Testing, Reviews, Stages are all in constant growth, and level of interaction on the forum.  I really don't have issues with those parts, although the threads seem to go dormant after the final stages and comments.  So a recap and lock might be a good thing.  MGS swag for testers is an awesome idea.  I would proudly wear, stick, hang... MGS swag for all to see.

I know we have all read the phrase, "you need to be fitted", or "get some lesson"  Want not create a greater awareness by creating a thread where you offer videos of a club fitting?

Thanks,

This place Rocks! 

• Like 3

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:titelist-small:                          980F 3 Wood

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

Upswing                   60* wedge

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

online instruction seems to be gaining steam....would be neat to pick an instructor or service (Revolution golf?) and have a few guys use that for the season to see how it goes and if it helps.

kind of outside-the-box but for those looking for lessons it could be useful....

• Like 3

StrokerAce

We'll be making changes slowly but surely throughout the winter.  We'll start small, first up: upload limits.  

Donors can now upload up to 1GB of attachments

Members remain at 500GB

Stay tuned.  We'll use this thread to announce new changes.

• Like 5

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

I think @PING Apologist #9nailed it.  I'd like to bring the Facebook sidebar tab back, but this time make it follow your cursor... sort of a game. 🤣    

• Like 2

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

We'll be making changes slowly but surely throughout the winter.  We'll start small, first up: upload limits.  

Donors can now upload up to 1GB of attachments

Members remain at 500GB

Stay tuned.  We'll use this thread to announce new changes.

Did we put some sort of limit on HarintheHat's GIF use though 😋

• Like 5

Stud and Rob  - I like the new "SPY VIP" tag you have. Is that new  - never noticed it before. 

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

Old thread but this has been on my mind every time I've ever seen the most wanted results.

It would be amazing if members could access the data for particular testers individually.  Maybe allow for an even more individualized appreciation of the great results.

i.e. May be able to isolate on one tester who produces similar SS/LA/AoA etc .... and see what worked better for that golfer.

Just a thought.

WITB

Drivers: M1 62g HZRDUS  RED 6.0

Hybrid: TourEdge Exotics XCG-6 Ozik 6.1S

Irons: Ping i210 5-U, zz-65 stiff, orange, -.5

Wedge: Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56 ES s300

Putter: Ping Zing 2 33.75"

32 minutes ago, Badams69 said:

Old thread but this has been on my mind every time I've ever seen the most wanted results.

It would be amazing if members could access the data for particular testers individually.  Maybe allow for an even more individualized appreciation of the great results.

i.e. May be able to isolate on one tester who produces similar SS/LA/AoA etc .... and see what worked better for that golfer.

Just a thought.

Interesting thought snd i see how it could be useful. Off hand i say they already have so many demands for the data to broken down such as:

list by swing speed

list vs last years winner

list versus last 5 winners

list versus own OEM previous years model. 

List versus drivers hit in 50 degree temps with 20 mph winds.  
well i made that last one up, but you get the idea 😀

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Interesting thought snd i see how it could be useful. Off hand i say they already have so many demands for the data to broken down such as:

list by swing speed

list vs last years winner

list versus last 5 winners

list versus own OEM previous years model. 

List versus drivers hit in 50 degree temps with 20 mph winds.  
well i made that last one up, but you get the idea 😀

I do, I guess it is simply making the existing data available to be sorted.  However I know that is not just one mouse click and it appears.  But in defense of this one thought it is not additional to the data being sorted through each season.

I laugh when people request year-z to be compared to year-x, that is available all over youtube.  It is also not that hard to simply pull up the past data and just look at it.

Though something must be different because when I did that a couple times the data was drastically different ..... 10-15 yd carry different.  So that likely wasn't a good comparison.

Yes - this website likely does enough already ..... but someone (was it you?) started this thread and I fell right in the trap!

😷

WITB

1 hour ago, Badams69 said:

I do, I guess it is simply making the existing data available to be sorted.  However I know that is not just one mouse click and it appears.  But in defense of this one thought it is not additional to the data being sorted through each season.

I laugh when people request year-z to be compared to year-x, that is available all over youtube.  It is also not that hard to simply pull up the past data and just look at it.

Though something must be different because when I did that a couple times the data was drastically different ..... 10-15 yd carry different.  So that likely wasn't a good comparison.

Yes - this website likely does enough already ..... but someone (was it you?) started this thread and I fell right in the trap!

😷

I think it was my esteemed colleague Studque 

And yes, I don't pretend to know enough about data and how to sort and qualify.    I'm sure too it in a meaningful way Is as you said more then one click. 

But I agree. It would be awesome to put in a filter.  60 year old 15 handicap with 90 mph swing speed and see that guys results for each driver.  Definitely would be of interest. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Just a thought.

I'd like to be able to see my own data from all the clubs too  😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

I'd like to be able to see my own data from all the clubs too  😁

Yeah - that is much better.  MGS is just sitting on their hands, now that you brought it up!

WITB

11 hours ago, Badams69 said:

Yeah - that is much better.  MGS is just sitting on their hands, now that you brought it up!

Not sure that understand your comment.  MGS is free to publish whatever information that they want and no matter what they do someone will complain about some aspect of what they do.  Why do you think they are sitting on their hands?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* with UST Proforce V2
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :srixon-small: 765 6-AW with KBS Tour shafts
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 hours ago, Badams69 said:

5 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Not sure that understand your comment.  MGS is free to publish whatever information that they want and no matter what they do someone will complain about some aspect of what they do.  Why do you think they are sitting on their hands?  

I'm guessing you guys might be talking past each other here (though I could be wrong). @Badams69, @cnosil's comment about wanting to see his own data is a reference to the fact that he does a ton of testing for Most Wanted. So he was joking (though it could happen) that he could narrow down a filter and actually see his own data with each club.

Cnosil, if he doesn't know that you're a tester, the comment about wanting to have your own data visible on MGS would sound absurd, which I think was the basis of his joking comment.

Again, I might be wrong, but I think both of you made jokes that might have been lost on the other.

• Like 2

:callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero, 10.5°, Project X EvenFlow Blue 65
:taylormade-small: M4 3HL 16.5°, Atmos Red 60
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 19.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 20°, Project X HZRDUS 85 5.5
:ping-small: G700 5–PW, blue dot, Modus3 105
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:cleveland-small: RTX-3 CB 54° and 60°
:odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R Ball, 34"
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV