Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Has MGS been reformatted?

BIG STU
Message added by STUDque

This thread is being used to update the forum on new changes as they go live. The following message is the first one in this series if you want to jump past the troubleshooting piece of the thread:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25997-has-mgs-been-reformatted/?do=findComment&comment=483224

11 hours ago, MattF said:

Set it up like Kanoito said, but also click the "dot or star" next to the thread name, that'll take you to the first unread post.

And clicking on the number of replies for the thread at the bottom takes you to the last post of the thread.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not thrilled with the new format. I know it takes time and all that. I also think we'll see some changes before long too as this forum is high customizable by the owners. I think we're seeing a basic/default view currently.

I've somewhat lost interest in the current format as I see too much repeating post/comments. I also can't tell when something was posted etc. no dates. I feel like I'm missing new content or new comments, etc. therefore.... diminished interest currently. 

Anyone else feel like me?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

3 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm not thrilled with the new format. I know it takes time and all that. I also think we'll see some changes before long too as this forum is high customizable by the owners. I think we're seeing a basic/default view currently.

I've somewhat lost interest in the current format as I see too much repeating post/comments. I also can't tell when something was posted etc. no dates. I feel like I'm missing new content or new comments, etc. therefore.... diminished interest currently. 

You just dont have the right  filters set.  You can customize your view (and save it) to however you like.  

5 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Like any other system/software change, users generally struggle during initial changes. It's the long term usage that will tell the story of how user friendly the new desktop version is. 

I'll go back to my initial comments (sorry Mods), I don't think the implementation was well executed from a users perspective. It would have been nice to have a cheat sheet on using it as well as a heads up that it was changing. With that being said I have always (and still do) favor the mobile version via tapatalk. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

To both Jlukes and Tony. I agree with both of you. I also say again.... there is much customization the owners of this forum can and probably will make in time.

Like everyone else... in time it will change and I'll get used to it one way or another. I also like Tony's suggestion.

I'll mess around more with the filters. (already have a little bit)

Thanks guys.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

If you have a question or don't know how to do something, just ask... enough people here willing to help!

But I'm loving this new front end!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

If you have a question or don't know how to do something, just ask... enough people here willing to help!

Me too! For me, with the way I typically browse on a laptop, the default settings make it easier for me to track what I have/haven't read.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Looks like some tweaks are still happening. The color scheme on tapatalk keeps changing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I love this new look also.
Awesome MGS.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Looks like some tweaks are still happening. The color scheme on tapatalk keeps changing.

Oops that was me. I figured now is as good of a time as any to give Tapatalk a try so I was bouncing around checking out the features. Didn't realize the color options were a global change.

Now that I have your ear, does anyone wanna vote on the color? See below for options.

IMG_9046.thumb.PNG.2853e210eb0e14a23276a12073d4dd1b.PNG

IMG_9047.thumb.PNG.afccd0a2654842ac6c6ee31c4f9a1789.PNG

@jlukes it only changes the very top bar and "new" post indicator. If you want to keep the black color scheme through night mode, that'll remain regardless.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

[mention=73629]GolfSpy STUDque[/mention] negative.  I use night mode and the top banner changes based on the color you choose.  Right now it is Blue

my top color was apple green this morning and is now blue.

I prefer black as well

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Hmm what am I missing on the mobile version? The bar on top stays black and I don't see anything in settings to change that.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

24 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Hmm what am I missing on the mobile version? The bar on top stays black and I don't see anything in settings to change that.

I know what I'm missing on the mobile version...

the mobile version ☹️

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:EVNROLL: EV 5.3 Duo

I have been posting and reading quite a bit on here this morning. I am getting used to the new format so to speak. Figured out how to give likes etc. I figure if I can get used to the new format anyone can do it. I will admit some of us older guys are set in our ways and are resistant to change but I have come around to it somewhat. The only gripe I have and it seems like I am not alone is the Facebook thing popping up on the right but I can live with it. But remember even with the new format one thing on MGS has not changed The Staff and The Members and those two things is what makes this site great

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 minutes ago, BIG STU said:

I have been posting and reading quite a bit on here this morning. I am getting used to the new format so to speak. Figured out how to give likes etc. I figure if I can get used to the new format anyone can do it. I will admit some of us older guys are set in our ways and are resistant to change but I have come around to it somewhat. The only gripe I have and it seems like I am not alone is the Facebook thing popping up on the right but I can live with it. But remember even with the new format one thing on MGS has not changed The Staff and The Members and those two things is what makes this site great

This must just be on the mobile version. On PC you have to hover over the FB link for it to expand out.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

23 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

To both Jlukes and Tony. I agree with both of you. I also say again.... there is much customization the owners of this forum can and probably will make in time.

Like everyone else... in time it will change and I'll get used to it one way or another. I also like Tony's suggestion.

I'll mess around more with the filters. (already have a little bit)

Thanks guys.

PJ on the opening page have you figured out the difference between the stars and the dots on the posts? I know when you select them it takes you to the last unread post/ Just don't know what the difference is. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

15 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

PJ on the opening page have you figured out the difference between the stars and the dots on the posts? I know when you select them it takes you to the last unread post/ Just don't know what the difference is. 

Tony it appears a star is for topics/posts that have a great deal or comments/replies. The dot denotes a topic with less comments or replies. When I hover over them I see how many have replied. That's all I can figure.

I'm still trying to learn how this new forum works and so far I'm not a huge fan. Mostly I don't feel like I'm seeing everything. Other things like repeats of posts, "likes" are nested unper topics, etc. Dates don't appear, etc. I suppose one day I should make a list of things I don't understand or "get" and post them. I'm sure others have answers.

On 10/5/2018 at 9:16 AM, jlukes said:

You just dont have the right  filters set.  You can customize your view (and save it) to however you like.  

I must be doing something wrong, because I've saved my filters a couple of time but every time I come to the site I have to set them again.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Tony it appears a star is for topics/posts that have a great deal or comments/replies. The dot denotes a topic with less comments or replies. When I hover over them I see how many have replied. That's all I can figure.
I'm still trying to learn how this new forum works and so far I'm not a huge fan. Mostly I don't feel like I'm seeing everything. Other things like repeats of posts, "likes" are nested unper topics, etc. Dates don't appear, etc. I suppose one day I should make a list of things I don't understand or "get" and post them. I'm sure others have answers.
The star is a topic to which you have replied at some point, the dot means you have not replied.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

This must just be on the mobile version. On PC you have to hover over the FB link for it to expand out.

I just don't want it on the right side of the page at all.  There is probably a reason for it being there; just don't know what it is.  There is plenty of room at the top of each page where it's out of the way.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

On 10/5/2018 at 6:16 AM, jlukes said:

23 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I guess I don't know how to set filters.  I thought I did, but when I come back to the activity page, it isn't the same as when I left.

34 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I guess I don't know how to set filters.  I thought I did, but when I come back to the activity page, it isn't the same as when I left.

I'll take some screenshots for you later when I get home, unless someone beats me to it.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

I'm not sure how you set up your filter, so this is how I have mine (just follow the same steps to your liking):

1. First thing I do is check Unread Contentimage.png

2. If you have a specific preference, there a few default options you can filter with

image.png

3. Alternatively, you can create your own filter. I personally leave everything default, and only change the Read Status option, so I don't have to go through every page and can just jump right back to where I left off.

image.png

4. Once you have configured the stream to your liking, save it as a new stream

image.png

5. Then make it your default stream

image.png

6. Once it's default, you'll have easy access every time you come to the forum

image.png

I'm not sure how you set up your filter, so this is how I have mine (just follow the same steps to your liking):

1. First thing I do is check Unread Contentimage.thumb.png.6c57adb348e2a904ee97bb5cf8f9764d.png
2. If you have a specific preference, there a few default options you can filter with
image.png.103b1fd32c006b56ad50e0193a458ab4.png
3. Alternatively, you can create your own filter. I personally leave everything default, and only change the Read Status option, so I don't have to go through every page and can just jump right back to where I left off.
image.thumb.png.7466205f12d00e0d2e36fe666fc37927.png
4. Once you have configured the stream to your liking, save it as a new stream
image.thumb.png.e39a1221751bf33e06aa06720e0565cd.png
5. Then make it your default stream
image.thumb.png.939b389d72c4a4660ba2af04c0465b9e.png
6. Once it's default, you'll have easy access every time you come to the forum
image.thumb.png.3b86270ad150dcdf418894219b0f43a6.png

Great tips . Thanks for the screen shots

Left Hand orientation