Has MGS been reformatted?

BIG STU

Message added by STUDque

This thread is being used to update the forum on new changes as they go live. The following message is the first one in this series if you want to jump past the troubleshooting piece of the thread:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/25997-has-mgs-been-reformatted/?do=findComment&comment=483224

How do you delete the notifications under the bell at the top of the page, or do they automatically drop off after a certain period of time?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, gaussman1 said:

My issue is with the app itself from the Play Store. The app will no longer load, even after uninstalling and reinstalling. tries to open, says "network config error" and immediately closes. I can get in through the browsers, whether on mobile or not

This is the same problem Im having

• Like 2

:taylormade-small: SLDR 10.5 Oban HB

:taylormade-small: R11s Rip Phenom

:Hogan: Ft. Worth Black Irons

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX Rotex 2.0 54

:cleveland-small: CG10 58

:odyssey-small: Sabertooth

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

The font size could be a little bigger for these old eyes.  Is there a way to make it bigger on my screen?

I also miss the recent Blog article links on the right side of the old screen.  It was nice to see what was posted recently, and it was easy to get to them.

Scroll down to the bottom on the home screen and you will see the recent article links. 

5 hours ago, Kenny B said:

How do you delete the notifications under the bell at the top of the page, or do they automatically drop off after a certain period of time?

Just click on the bell and they should go away. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

So what happened to the profile info on the mobile version. The only info shown is the number of posts and start date

IMG_0299.thumb.PNG.d95f545164a628a8f173302e127dfa4a.PNG

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

3 hours ago, GB13 said:

Scroll down to the bottom on the home screen and you will see the recent article links. 

Just click on the bell and they should go away. 

I never go to the Home screen unless I start a topic.  That's not very convenient when you counld just look at the topics from the Activity screen.

Clicking on the bell just brings up all of the notifications; doesn't delete any.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

This has probably already been asked.

I click unread content at the top of the page and a list of threads comes up on my screen. How do I go to the last unread post, every time I click on a thread title it defaults to the first page. I don't want to go through every post in the weight loss thread to try and remember what the last one I read was. In the previous format it automatically went to the last unread post in that thread.

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

2 hours ago, garethw said:

I click unread content at the top of the page and a list of threads comes up on my screen. How do I go to the last unread post, every time I click on a thread title it defaults to the first page. I don't want to go through every post in the weight loss thread to try and remember what the last one I read was. In the previous format it automatically went to the last unread post in that thread.

It's on page 6.

Here the link: 

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

7 hours ago, garethw said:

Set it up like Kanoito said, but also click the "dot or star" next to the thread name, that'll take you to the first unread post.

• Like 2

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

8 hours ago, MattF said:

Set it up like Kanoito said, but also click the "dot or star" next to the thread name, that'll take you to the first unread post.

Great tip thanks 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

Other than  few quirks, I like being able to post photos, and some of the other new options, I hate change on things, so my first reaction is always doom and gloom. It’s not too bad after all. Just need to learn a bit more about the new setup

• Like 1

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

11 hours ago, MattF said:

And clicking on the number of replies for the thread at the bottom takes you to the last post of the thread.

I'm not thrilled with the new format. I know it takes time and all that. I also think we'll see some changes before long too as this forum is high customizable by the owners. I think we're seeing a basic/default view currently.

I've somewhat lost interest in the current format as I see too much repeating post/comments. I also can't tell when something was posted etc. no dates. I feel like I'm missing new content or new comments, etc. therefore.... diminished interest currently. 

Anyone else feel like me?

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

3 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm not thrilled with the new format. I know it takes time and all that. I also think we'll see some changes before long too as this forum is high customizable by the owners. I think we're seeing a basic/default view currently.

I've somewhat lost interest in the current format as I see too much repeating post/comments. I also can't tell when something was posted etc. no dates. I feel like I'm missing new content or new comments, etc. therefore.... diminished interest currently. 

You just dont have the right  filters set.  You can customize your view (and save it) to however you like.  

• Like 1

CC5 sig.png

5 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

Like any other system/software change, users generally struggle during initial changes. It's the long term usage that will tell the story of how user friendly the new desktop version is. 

I'll go back to my initial comments (sorry Mods), I don't think the implementation was well executed from a users perspective. It would have been nice to have a cheat sheet on using it as well as a heads up that it was changing. With that being said I have always (and still do) favor the mobile version via tapatalk. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

Cobra King F-9  5 wood

To both Jlukes and Tony. I agree with both of you. I also say again.... there is much customization the owners of this forum can and probably will make in time.

Like everyone else... in time it will change and I'll get used to it one way or another. I also like Tony's suggestion.

I'll mess around more with the filters. (already have a little bit)

Thanks guys.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

If you have a question or don't know how to do something, just ask... enough people here willing to help!

But I'm loving this new front end!

• Like 2

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

If you have a question or don't know how to do something, just ask... enough people here willing to help!

But I'm loving this new front end!

Me too! For me, with the way I typically browse on a laptop, the default settings make it easier for me to track what I have/haven't read.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) Mitsubishi MMT 70X
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW: :cleveland-small: Zipcore Black Satin 58*
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x Pix
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

2021 Test - Callaway Epic Speed

I miss not having the members on topic listed at the bottom of the page.  I like to see who's present.

• Like 1

Looks like some tweaks are still happening. The color scheme on tapatalk keeps changing.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG