Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hitting mega push draws (drawing 20 yards)

Finally got out and took a few swings on this beautiful fall 65 degree day.Every shot was a massive push draw.It would start out right and hook back in or over hook 20 plus yards at times.Looked impressive in the air 

I went thru my routine of checking aim , posture , grip etc. Even filmed my swing and saw very little Clubface turning over. It actually looked real good on camera. What would cause mega push draws ? Is it possibly out of sync from hardly playing this season ?

Keep it in the short stuff

6 minutes ago, Big money said:

Finally got out and took a few swings on this beautiful fall 65 degree day.Every shot was a massive push draw.It would start out right and hook back in or over hook 20 plus yards at times.Looked impressive in the air 

I went thru my routine of checking aim , posture , grip etc. Even filmed my swing and saw very little Clubface turning over. It actually looked real good on camera. What would cause mega push draws ? Is it possibly out of sync from hardly playing this season ?

I would guess that it is a club path problem. You are holding the face open but swing way inside to out causing hook spin. If you swing a little more to the left the hook should disappear. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

7 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I would guess that it is a club path problem. You are holding the face open but swing way inside to out causing hook spin. If you swing a little more to the left the hook should disappear. 

Right now it would be impossible for me even slicing a ball. Really feels solid hitting a big hook 

2 minutes ago, Big money said:

Right now it would be impossible for me even slicing a ball. Really feels solid hitting a big hook 

Okay, if it goes high enough, I would just play with the big draw. If it eliminates one side of the course and you strike it well most times, you are in good shape. 

Just adjust the aim for the draw, and fire away. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I thought you were giving up the game?

That said, what is your swing plane?  Is it mostly like a baseball swing (flat), or is it more upright?  Try bringing the swing plane up, and more upright.  That will cause more of a slice, then it will a hook.  I always adjust my swing plane, depending on the type of shot I want to pull off.  Flat for draw, upright for cut.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

1 hour ago, GSwag said:

I thought you were giving up the game?

That said, what is your swing plane?  Is it mostly like a baseball swing (flat), or is it more upright?  Try bringing the swing plane up, and more upright.  That will cause more of a slice, then it will a hook.  I always adjust my swing plane, depending on the type of shot I want to pull off.  Flat for draw, upright for cut.

Just can’t let it go. I guess I’m a glutton for punishment.

my swing goes extreme vertical backswing. Into a shallow move.Real goofy looking. But it did look like I was shallowing later today, and slightly steeper until hip high. I’m thinking it was from such a long lay off from the game.

1 minute ago, Big money said:

I’m thinking it was from such a long lay off from the game.

Probably.  Time for a range session.  Pull out your 7 iron and hit that about 100 times until you are hitting it straight.  Then once you've relearned the muscle memory of a good swing take that to some of your other clubs.

When I started playing again about 4+ years ago I spent a week at the driving range before attempting a round.  I knew after a few years of not playing that my swing would be total crap.  In fact, I went from hitting a slice previously to having a draw bias with my irons.  I had never seen that before.  My body had to relearn how to hit a golf ball basically.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

More than likely, in-to-out swing path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Take a head cover and lay it down just out in front of the ball, in front of the front right quadrant of the ball, giving enough room for the head to pass it. Hit some drives. This will make sure you don’t go in-to-out, because of you do, you’ll hit the head cover.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Went to the range Yesterday and played 9

hples. And still massive push draws. It really shows in 5 iron up to driver.The short irons are all nice little draws.It isn’t a snap hook , but a nice high flight with very noticeable right path and a 20 yard hook back in the middle.I was hitting some drives in areas that I’ve onlh reached with a wind behind me.Very long for me.Is this normal where my path and face angle naturally changed with out playing golf for months? I’ve never had a flight of the ball like this.Really hate to lose it 

Went to the range today and hit a bunch of drivers.The chap next to me mentioned that he never saw a ball hook in as much as mine.My divots were just slightly right of the target line.Normal height drivers with 30 yards of curve at times.I still can’t grasp how this is happening.Just dumbfounded.On a real tight driving course this shot could be a little scary 

ball contact not on the toe,grip stance line and shoulder line all on target and not way right.Ball played off of left front foot Instep for all shots.

• 3 weeks later...

Used the indoor simulator and played 9 holes at spyglass with some other guys.Still massive push draws that start way right and hook in.They were actually amazed how it was curving like this.Its really nuts how my swing just naturally reverted with this shot.As long as I adjust and aim for it I’m ok.I didn’t know current gear would allow a ball curving like that 

Used the indoor simulator and played 9 holes at spyglass with some other guys.Still massive push draws that start way right and hook in.They were actually amazed how it was curving like this.Its really nuts how my swing just naturally reverted with this shot.As long as I adjust and aim for it I’m ok.I didn’t know current gear would allow a ball curving like that 

I hit my right to left the same way sometimes I just aim for it and there's no issue

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

15 hours ago, tommc23 said:

I hit my right to left the same way sometimes I just aim for it and there's no issue

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

It’s really a cool ball flight. Some of the guys told me That shot will make the game even more difficult. I somewhat disagree, it’s a consistently massive hook back into the target . All should be fine as I can get this flight consistently and it doesn’t turn into a big push .

19 hours ago, Big money said:

Sounds like you are coming from way inside and  probably getting stuck and having to roll hands hard to get square/save the shot. Basing this on your previous post about divot. Used this post because of the curve comment. Your dide spin is probably pretty high and with how your face to path is will cause that type of spin/flight. 

Do you see any big pushes that start right and keep going right?

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

58 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Sounds like you are coming from way inside and  probably getting stuck and having to roll hands hard to get square/save the shot. Basing this on your previous post about divot. Used this post because of the curve comment. Your dide spin is probably pretty high and with how your face to path is will cause that type of spin/flight. 

Do you see any big pushes that start right and keep going right?

No , all have major hook spin back to target . Or slightly past target. Nice high trajectory with almost a banana hook spin . Starts well right 

No , all have major hook spin back to target . Or slightly past target. Nice high trajectory with almost a banana hook spin . Starts well right 

Only a problem on a tight hole where you can’t start it to the right.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I’ve been fighting this very swing for YEARS. 6* or MORE in-to-out. It can be very challenging, and flipping the wrists is one of my biggest issues.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, Big money said:

So you have basically timed it well which is good because you will avoid the big push that never comes back until the day your timing is off.  Another good thing is you have adjusted alignment to make it a playable shot.  

13 minutes ago, PMookie said:

I’ve been fighting this very swing for YEARS. 6* or MORE in-to-our. It can be very challenging, and flipping the wrists is one of my biggest issues.

That will cause it. I fight this type of shot periodically and and when I don’t rotate or flip it’s the push fade or block.  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Here is the track man today. This was a 6 iron and had some nice hook turn in 
95221DA4-3FA2-4DDC-8ED7-8C8D6185CDF3.jpeg.d97c2ed2435a82ac279db78c1078a934.jpeg

Looking at the numbers it doesn’t seem like that big if a hook. I am seeing 2.3 degrees in to out and a slight draw on that tracer.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

20 hours ago, cnosil said:

Looking at the numbers it doesn’t seem like that big if a hook. I am seeing 2.3 degrees in to out and a slight draw on that tracer.

This is the odd thing. When I’m at that facility I ‘“ feel’” cramped and restricted.And the ball sitting on a fluffy mat or extremely high tee throws me off .My swing gets more vertical and steeper there.In my mind, my normal swing at this place  will hit the walls in the bay. But on the course I feel no restrictions and then I feel real loopy and flatter. Which turns that draw into a massive push draw. But I seem that I hit further and have more freedom hitting outside on the course. It’s odd I know 

Archived