Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Your favorite putting games

Here's what I'm looking for: putting games that

1) are for two players

2) force you to putt under pressure

3) don't build pressure using money

I have a practice green in my basement, and I love putting with my 5-year-old son. I'm looking for games I can play against him that put both of our games under pressure, but I'm not looking to have him risk his piggy bank.

I'll start by recommending one good source: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042JU7IU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_q2LZBbX7FC4BG

I'm working on another game now (still fine-tuning the scoring). We alternate putts from a specified distance. If neither misses and we get to 20 straight makes, we each get 10 points, we switch who goes first, and we start back at zero.

However, if someone misses he loses the number of points of the putt his was attempting. The one who didn't miss gets the number of putts he made in the round.

Example: I'm attempting to make the fourteenth straight putt, but miss. So I lose 14 points, and my son gets 7. The lost points are designed to sting, and the cost increases as the game progresses.

What games do you play?

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Ever play around the world in basketball? In that game you start with a lay up then progressively harder shots as you work your way around the lane or 3 point line. It kind of goes layup, shot from corner, wing elbow, top of key, etc... If you miss a shot you can risk it. Miss 2 in a row you start over. First one to make it around wins. The pressure comes from that second shot. I’m sure you could make this a putting game easily.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

1) Two pieces of twine laid out parallel to each other and try to stop the ball in between. 3 points if you do it in 1 putt, 2 pts for 2, 1 pt for 3. Can also make it tougher by moving your ball half a putter length away from the twine if you over or undershoot! We'd play to 21 usually.

2) "Leapfrog" place a tee or ball marker a couple feet away and the first to go tries to hit it past the object and then you alternate trying to hit just past eachother. Whoever's ball is last on the green gets a point!

Sent from my CLT-L04 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

choose 4 distances, 1 point for every make, -3 for every miss. Got to get to 20 before moving on to the next distance. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

On 10/22/2018 at 6:49 PM, Wedgie said:

Ever play around the world in basketball? In that game you start with a lay up then progressively harder shots as you work your way around the lane or 3 point line. It kind of goes layup, shot from corner, wing elbow, top of key, etc... If you miss a shot you can risk it. Miss 2 in a row you start over. First one to make it around wins. The pressure comes from that second shot. I’m sure you could make this a putting game easily.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Thanks, Wedgie! This one is working out really well so far. I already have a sequence of dots on our putting green that we use for other games, and so it was really easy to adapt to this. Right now, I'm just a bit better a putter than Kirke is, and so the "should I risk the second putt" choice is very interesting for both of us.

Full WITB with pictures

• 1 month later...
Here's what I'm looking for: putting games that

1) are for two players
2) force you to putt under pressure
3) don't build pressure

I'll start by recommending one good source: [url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042JU7IU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_q2LZBbX7FC4BG]https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0042JU7IU/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_q2LZBbX7FC4BG[/

Much to the boss’s dismay, I have a 3x12 birdie ball green in the living/dining room. Much to my dismay, the 75lb lab enjoys it more than his bed.

Does this book have some good one player pressure games that are appropriate for this sized green? My little guys are worse at putting than me, so I’m afraid keeping their attention in a putting game is going to be difficult.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Much to the boss’s dismay, I have a 3x12 birdie ball green in the living/dining room. Much to my dismay, the 75lb lab enjoys it more than his bed.

Does this book have some good one player pressure games that are appropriate for this sized green? My little guys are worse at putting than me, so I’m afraid keeping their attention in a putting game is going to be difficult.

There are some games that will work for this, but (not telling you anything you don't know), pressure in a one player game is entirely something you have to create. Whatever game you're playing (like a ladder drill), there has to be some target you *have* to hit.

Full WITB with pictures

Archived