:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

As with anything it can help or hinder a person physically. The study did not address the effects the swing has on the body; which is what nifty is referring too. Just walking for three hours will provide the same benefits described in the article. Also I would say most players take carts and consume alcohol during the round.

Golf can provide health benefits, but like anything else it comes down to the choices you make.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

11 minutes ago, Big money said:

Walking and carrying a bag for 18 is the ultimate work out.Swinging a club and hitting a golf ball not so much

I guess high handicappers do get more benefit than low handicappers.  :D

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

24 minutes ago, Big money said:

Walking and carrying a bag for 18 is the ultimate work out.Swinging a club and hitting a golf ball not so much

Apparently you haven't been on our course when it's cart path only. 

On those days our objective is to get the ball closest to the path vs. the fairway or green. 

😂

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

EZGO TXT 48v cart

10 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Apparently you haven't been on our course when it's cart path only. 

On those days our objective is to get the ball closest to the path vs. the fairway or green. 

😂

That is a benefit of playing here.  There is no course in my area where it's CPO.  In fact, there is only one course in the area that has a cart path all the way around the course.  My course has cart paths starting about 25 yards from the greens to about 10 yards past the last tee box where everyone is expected to "scatter".

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I can tell you a story from many years ago.  My Dad was working in NYC for a large airline back in the late 1960's, and during his annual physical his doctor told him that he needed to get out and exercise more often, because he was basically sitting in an office all week in meetings, and never exercised.  So my Dad mentioned to the doctor that he played golf, and would that be a good way to exercise?  So not only did the doctor say yes, but he actually wrote my Dad a note to his boss telling his boss that he needed for my Dad to play golf.  So what does the company do?  Next thing I know, my Dad has a family membership to a local private club and he played golf every weekend, thanks to the membership his company paid for.  I spent many summers at that club swimming in the pool, and that's where my Dad started me playing golf.

So if it weren't for an annual physical, and my Dad being ordered to play golf by his doctor, as well as his company paying for his private club membership, who knows if I would have ever taken up the game.  😁

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

51 minutes ago, Big money said:

Yeah, not so much. Walking 3+ miles with a golf bag strapped to you is just a good way to ruin your back and your golf game. Use a push cart and maintain a decent posture while you walk. Swinging a golf club is a full body movement and isn't necessarily bad when swinging within yourself. Swinging out of your shoes on the other hand practically invites injury. The biggest issue with the golf swing is that almost all of us only swing in one direction which causes muscle imbalances if never performing any other exercises. 

Interestingly, I didn't see anything in the article about calories burned which can be quite significant for a "leisure" activity. 

https://onpar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/a-little-scientific-research-for-all-those-19th-hole-debates/

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/do-the-walk-of-life

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

3 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Yeah, not so much. Walking 3+ miles with a golf bag strapped to you is just a good way to ruin your back and your golf game. Use a push cart and maintain a decent posture while you walk. Swinging a golf club is a full body movement and isn't necessarily bad when swinging within yourself. Swinging out of your shoes on the other hand practically invites injury. The biggest issue with the golf swing is that almost all of us only swing in one direction which causes muscle imbalances if never performing any other exercises. 

Interestingly, I didn't see anything in the article about calories burned which can be quite significant for a "leisure" activity. 

https://onpar.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/a-little-scientific-research-for-all-those-19th-hole-debates/

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/do-the-walk-of-life

When we played at Barnboogle in Australia, my wife's pedometer said we walked 24000 steps. Not sure what this equaled in calories burned but we were sure hungry and tired after. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

EZGO TXT 48v cart

This is why I prefer to walk instead of ride.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

This is why I spent the money on a QOD motorized trolley.  I knew I wasn't going to get back into walking if I had to carry my bag, and I didn't have any interest in pushing a trolley, so the motorized version makes sense.  I used a tracker app one day, and the trolley went 5.7 miles, gained (and lost) 533 vertical feet.  

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Healthy if walking not drinking sugary drinks smoking cigars drinking alcohol and keeping a good pace. for someone who does nothing I can see it helping quite a bit. Been trying to get my father in law to walk. No dice but he has been running into heart issues at an early age of 60. So would definitely help him

Good article.  I try and walk with a push cart as much as I can - mostly because I prefer playing that way. It allows me to think about and focus on the next shot better than when riding in a cart with another player.  I've adopted the retirement motto "keep moving or start rusting".

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Not really on topic, but when I walked, I always used a pull trolley.  By the time the push trolleys got popular, I was mostly riding.

But I have to say,  the push trolley reminds me of a shopping cart or baby stroller,

neither of which I'd want to think about on the golf course.

Please ignore this without comment. I don't want to hijack the thread.

But some other time, please explain the reasoning behind the switch to push trolleys.

23 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Not really on topic, but when I walked, I always used a pull trolley.  By the time the push trolleys got popular, I was mostly riding.

But some other time, please explain the reasoning behind the switch to push trolleys.

I think that with a pull trolley, because you're pulling with one arm only, it applies a twisting force to your back.  With a push trolley, you can be more centered.  This is similar to the logic behind double-strap golf bags, as opposed to carrying the bag on one shoulder only.  And to me, this isn't off topic at all.  If we're going to discuss health benefits, we should also be aware of getting those benefits without excessive strain.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

2 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

That makes sense, Dave.

They just didn't have them when I was walking a lot.

They still didn't have them for hire at any of the courses I played in Scotland this year.  Even so, the pull trolley took the load off of my legs, made walking more enjoyable.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived