TESTERS WANTED! ×

Stability putter shafts - hot or not?

cksurfdude

3 minutes ago, toehold57 said:

Silly me! Thanks emoji4.png

A lot of people confuse them because they look similar.  Stroke lab is mostly about weight distribution;  it took weight out of the shaft and added the weight to the head and grip ends.   the stability shaft is designed to reduce shaft deflection that occurs with heavier heads.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Well thanks to all you buggers in this thread, you just convinced me to buy one.

At least I'll look cool three putting.

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

10 hours ago, PDuvie said:

I feel that my Stabilty shaft is havier than a Stroke Lab, I feel that I can control my distance and feel.

Regular Stability is 125 gr,  Stability tour is 110.   True Temper steel shafts are in the 115-127gr range.  Stroke lab is 75gr.     It is definitely heavier.  

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

On 5/1/2020 at 2:46 AM, Green Sheep Productions said:

Well thanks to all you buggers in this thread, you just convinced me to buy one.

At least I'll look cool three putting.

I am in the same boat 😞

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

I reached-out to the HQ of Stability shafts, but didn’t know it was them. I was looking for a facility where they use the same technology for putter fitting that TXG does, and found a place near Dallas. I called and asked about fittings. They told me about how they work, the cost, and that it’s for the Stability shaft, but they would do fittings cheaper if I weren’t interested in buying the shaft. I’ve reached-out twice since to try and book a fitting not buying the shaft and have not had a reply.... I get it, but seems crappy.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Look what came in the mail today!  My Big Moss V2 Competitor putting mat.  It is set up in my man cave now.  Also pictured are my new Putt out practice mirror and Puttout Pressure putt trainer.  

2C3BCFCF-F98E-4706-B8FB-497B8B2AF451.jpeg

Tour Edge C723 8.0 MCA Tensei AV Blue Xlink 65S

Cobra LTDx 3W lofted to 16.5 Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7S

Tour Edge E723 21 degree MCA Tensei AV Blue 65 S

Cobra LTDx 24 degree 5 hybrid Fujikura Fuel 85g Stiff

Corey Paul - 5-PW Japan Forged Minimalist Blades KBS $-Taper 120 Stiff

Corey Paul Functional Art 52, 56 & 60

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Bridgestone Tour BRX or MaxFli Tour

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

17 hours ago, Hoyoymac said:

Look what came in the mail today!  My Big Moss V2 Competitor putting mat.  It is set up in my man cave now.  Also pictured are my new Putt out practice mirror and Puttout Pressure putt trainer.  

2C3BCFCF-F98E-4706-B8FB-497B8B2AF451.jpeg

Nice!! Have fun with those great new toys!

@Hoyoymac just fyi for future reference, there are other threads like "What have you bought lately" or "What/How did you practice today"

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Is anyone able to explain why it's okay that there is the steel part that the fibreglass sleeve goes over? I would have thought that there was a glaring weak spot for the torque.

Really would have thought it to be a fibreglass rod also, just an adapter to the .355 and .370 shafts. 

:cobra-small: LTDx LS 9*D,  HZRDUS Green HC 60g 6.0, 45" 4g + 12g weight 
:cobra-small: King LTD @ 14.5* HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 42.5"
:cobra-small: King LTD  @ 17.5*, HZRDUS Blue 70g 6.0, 4
0.5"/ :cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 2 @ 17*, Ventus Black 10x, 39.25"

:cobra-small: 2022 Utility Iron 4 OL @ 20* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
wishon.png.f487cdf69e368c89461d72fa6fc7bbe4.pngEQ1-NX OL 5i-PW Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36
"

Cobra SBOL 48*, 52*, 56* Fujikura Pro Iron 115TX 36"
OIP.jpg.04da427c8e36dc0d247492fdfa8569f6.jpgC-Series DW Armlock

Vice Pro Plus

Is anyone able to explain why it's okay that there is the steel part that the fibreglass sleeve goes over? I would have thought that there was a glaring weak spot for the torque.

Really would have thought it to be a fibreglass rod also, just an adapter to the .355 and .370 shafts. 

You would have to ask the manufacturer those questions.

My guess would be that for the small amount of shaft being used the torque and bend isn’t significant. Epoxy has a pretty high shear point so it wouldn’t twist either.

Also, I have yet to see anyone make a “fiberglass” double bend shaft. Not all shafts are straight.

To me. You either need to be full graphite or steel. Having some kind of combination in my mind defeats the purpose. Composite/graphite will always be more pure and have greater potential. Steel is a dirty, and hard to control material. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

48 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

To me. You either need to be full graphite or steel. Having some kind of combination in my mind defeats the purpose. Composite/graphite will always be more pure and have greater potential. Steel is a dirty, and hard to control material. 

I felt the same, then I tried the Callaway stroke lab and it changed my mind. It's hard to put into words the feeling, I'll just say that it's different than anything I've ever putted with.

Also, before anyone quotes me, I know the stroke labs and BGT shafts aren't the same.

After Tuesday, I'll know how both of them feel 😉

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Just won my bids last night on EBay for a Toulon Las Vegas double bend with the Stroke Lab shaft and an Odyssey Milled Metal X #7 with the steel shaft.  Within a week I should be able to give some feedback on the difference between the feel and performance of the BGT Stability Tour shaft with the O works Black #7 head and the new Toulon Las Vegas head with Stroke Lab Shaft compared to the Milled Metal X #7 with the steel shaft.

Odyssey O Works Black #7 with BGT Stability Tour Shaft, SuperStroke Traxion 3.0 & 75g CounterCore

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

Well, I have had the Stability Tour putter shaft in play for about two weeks now.  Yesterday’ round according to Arccos Caddie contained 5 personal bests.  My lowest all time Handicap, 7 ups & downs, 9 one putts, Tied for fewest 3 putts with 0, Fewest putts per round with 27.

Not the best driving and approach shot day, but the putter saved my bacon!  The new Stability shaft and other putter modifications seem to be helping.

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

6 minutes ago, Hoyoymac said:

The new Stability shaft and other putter modifications seem to be helping.

Glad to hear it - I had similar experience the first few rounds with my stroke lab testing last year.  Would be interested to hear your results after a couple months as this could be more of a honeymoon period.  At least it was with mine.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

On 5/14/2020 at 6:04 AM, juspoole said:

Glad to hear it - I had similar experience the first few rounds with my stroke lab testing last year.  Would be interested to hear your results after a couple months as this could be more of a honeymoon period.  At least it was with mine.

That is why a person just needs to keep changing.  It’s the never ending honeymoon 

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

The rational side in me says how could a shaft in a club that is swung so slowly have any impact whatsoever.

The tinkerer in me says, sounds awesome, i should buy it.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

Just now, dlow206 said:

The rational side in me says how could a shaft in a club that is swung so slowly have any impact whatsoever.

The tinkerer in me says, sounds awesome, i should buy it.

Taking my ER5B on the course today for the first time. i'll be posting my thoughts on the stability shaft as I get more rounds with it. Maybe do an unofficial review or something? I have a decent amount of stats saved up in Arccos to compare the data to. I was a big fan of the Odyssey stroke lab shaft, but the inserts in those putters are hot trash. The only insert I've ever really had success with is the Spider X, but even then.. I prefer a milled face.

1 hour ago, yungkory said:

Taking my ER5B on the course today for the first time. i'll be posting my thoughts on the stability shaft as I get more rounds with it. Maybe do an unofficial review or something? I have a decent amount of stats saved up in Arccos to compare the data to. I was a big fan of the Odyssey stroke lab shaft, but the inserts in those putters are hot trash. The only insert I've ever really had success with is the Spider X, but even then.. I prefer a milled face.

Interested to see how it goes. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

31 putts today. Greens still aren't completely filled in, but much improved over two weeks ago. I average 33 putts and my goal is 30 or below so I'll take it. I just don't hit the ball close enough on average, and I'm admittedly not a great putter.

One 3-jack from like 45+ feet, just didn't hit it hard enough and it bounced a couple times, so it further accentuated me hitting it like a wuss.

Made a couple really long putts and scared the hole on a few others on my way to my third sub-80 round ever, so that felt good. The course we played at has shallow cups and one of my putts legit fell in and bounced out because only half of the ball goes below the lip. I am like 95% sure that would've stayed in a normal cup, but it is what it is, just happy to be giving the ball a chance to fall more often.

The feel is hard to describe. Can't tell you if I notice that it's more rigid or resists twisting, but I can tell you that there's a difference in feel for me over the KBS shaft that comes stock in the Spider X. More to come on Sunday!

Y’all have me thinking about one factor that could result in better putting and NOT be the shaft: the putter actually fitting.
If one just buys putters off-the-rack, continually, the chance of getting one that really fits is minimal. Changing a shaft, or buying a new non-fitted putter with a different shaft and face, MAY help, but is it all just anecdotal since no fitting was made at the start, then having just the difference of the shaft itself?
Length, lie, grip size and weight, single bend, double bend, face insert vs none, milled face vs smooth face, etc, etc, etc.
I don’t know, I never did a fitting for the Stability shaft, but it just seems to me that one can’t truly see if the SHAFT is making the difference if all else isn’t equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

1 hour ago, PMookie said:

Y’all have me thinking about one factor that could result in better putting and NOT be the shaft: the putter actually fitting.
If one just buys putters off-the-rack, continually, the chance of getting one that really fits is minimal. Changing a shaft, or buying a new non-fitted putter with a different shaft and face, MAY help, but is it all just anecdotal since no fitting was made at the start, then having just the difference of the shaft itself?
Length, lie, grip size and weight, single bend, double bend, face insert vs none, milled face vs smooth face, etc, etc, etc.
I don’t know, I never did a fitting for the Stability shaft, but it just seems to me that one can’t truly see if the SHAFT is making the difference if all else isn’t equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've never been fit (hoping to change that in October but covid is trying to f*** that up) but I've tinkered based on my miss pattern over the years. I know that I putt better at 33" than longer, and probably could go shorter, but I didn't want to cut this shaft below a semi-common playing length just in case I have to toss it on the B/S/T forum. So in lieu of getting fit, I'm packing the old flat stick with as much tech as possible! 😂

I have been playing the Stability shaft since they came out and it has proved to be more consistent than others in the past. For me, it tracks the line chosen more accurately with better results. As with any club, if you don't trust it to do what you want then it probably won't work in that moment. This shaft has made a "believer" out of me.. My playing partners saw the improvement and switched their shafts as well. Now I am losing a bit of $$$. I should have told them that I had taken more lessons instead of just changing the shaft.. Looking forward to getting out to drop more putts soon.

Driver: Titleist TSR3 9* - LA Golf Trono 75X

3 wood: Titleist TSR2 15* - Graphite Design TP7X

5 wood: Titleist TSR2 18* - Graphite Design TP7S

7 wood: Titleist TSi2 21* - Graphite Design TP8S

Irons: Miura KM700 (5-P) - DG Tour Issue X110

Wedges: Miura Milled Tour 50/56/60 - DG Tour Issue S400 

Putter: LAB Golf Link1 w/ TPT shaft

Ball: ProV1

Didn’t think I would actually purchase one, but I found what I considered to be a good deal on an Odyssey Ten S that included a Stability Tour shaft.
I’ve experimented with stability vs steel with same head and while I noticed some difference I can say I putted any better. Won’t be able to confirm whether performance is influenced by the head or shaft, but looking forward to doing more hands on evaluation.

Got my Odyssey #7 collection together and have started the head to head comparisons.  The three putters are the Odyssey O-Works Black #7 with the Stability Tour shaft and 75 gram counter core weight in the Superstroke Traction Tour midslim 3.0 grip.  The Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas with Strokelab shaft.  The final putter is the Odyssey Metal-X Milled #7 with the standard steel shaft.  All are the double bend shaft face balanced versions.

I will check the swing weights on all three next week. Shaft lengths all the same at 35.

Will probably have to change the pistol grips out on two of the putters.

The  head sizes are noticeably different .

3754E3BD-670C-4259-A554-9BB0F2ADE464.jpeg

EE027CB6-09E9-4916-8E9B-4F161EF94424.jpeg

91F43706-A3F0-4ED4-AA94-A27DE49BAE32.jpeg

B2A50929-2BC7-46A9-8421-2D4F49C4D74A.jpeg

Tracked by Arccos

Bushnell V4

2 hours ago, cnosil said:

Didn’t think I would actually purchase one, but I found what I considered to be a good deal on an Odyssey Ten S that included a Stability Tour shaft.
I’ve experimented with stability vs steel with same head and while I noticed some difference I can say I putted any better. Won’t be able to confirm whether performance is influenced by the head or shaft, but looking forward to doing more hands on evaluation.

Put it in the 2.2!!!!

Put it in the 2.2!!!!

If I don’t like the odyssey, that might be where it goes.

Putter arrived a couple of hours ago and since I am working from home I quickly opened the package and rolled some putts on the carpet. I like the looks and feel of the putter, just not sure about the shaft. I guess seeing nothing really noticeable about the shaft isn’t a bad thing. Definitely going to need to get it out on the course to see if the shaft has any magical properties.