Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Tires

tommc23

Going to be ordering new tires for my truck this week. I want to hear from those who live in the north and drive trucks what kind of tire do you run? I'm thinking about going cooper because I drive on and off road but don't know how they will do with snow.

Going to be ordering new tires for my truck this week. I want to hear from those who live in the north and drive trucks what kind of tire do you run? I'm thinking about going cooper because I drive on and off road but don't know how they will do with snow.
Is your main criteria off-road or winter?
when I got my 2007 Silverado they came with Bridgestone Deuller AT and man where they great on the snow, but according to reviews and people, they loose traction at 50% and become less effective.
2 years ago, I bought the new
Yokohama Geolander A/T
they are new category of tires.
Winter designation meant for all year round driving.
I like them but in the winter time,not quite as good as the Deullers ( starting off at an intersection in snowy conditions, I was losing people in cars that were struggling to get going) .
I don't have 4WD.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Mainly all terrain tires that will perform in the snow. I had the dueler on my Ford decent tires but road noise was on the louder side. The Goodyear that came on the truck were not good off road or in snow.

Had the Yokohama on my Colorado years ago great off road but not the best in the snow.

Looking at maybe cooper tires or going with the Yokohama since they look different than what I had before.

37 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I’ve had 2 sets of Nokian Rotiva AT’s, great light/medium off road traction and amazing in the snow. Can’t recommend them enough.

IMG_4476.JPG

That's a new one never saw will have to look into them

I just bought some coopers for my Sierra. Had no problems in the mud yesterday in Kansas.

IMG_8510.JPG
IMG_8494.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Goodyear Duratrac

IMG_1409.jpg

I’ve ran mudders on most of my trucks but these are the best of both worlds. If you don’t mind a little noise, the Firestone Destination MT was a really good tire and I got amazing mileage out of them. I’ve also had Mastercraft MT’s and Dunlop MT’s and both did pretty well but more noisy

The road noise isn't an issue for me I can turn up the music but my dogs under the cap in their kennels would probably enjoy something quieter.

Yeah that’s true haha... Cooper has a Discoverer AT2 I believe that’s was a really nice all terrain and pretty quiet. Not sure if they still offer them anymore though (I sold quite a bit of tires when I was service writing for a shop a few years back)

6 minutes ago, DougC38 said:

Yeah that’s true haha... Cooper has a Discoverer AT2 I believe that’s was a really nice all terrain and pretty quiet. Not sure if they still offer them anymore though (I sold quite a bit of tires when I was service writing for a shop a few years back)

They have the Discoverer AT3 now, which I have on my truck...great tyre.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A K02's. Have them on my POV (Silverado HD 3/4-ton 4x4 crew cab) as well as my work rig (F150 ext cab 4x4). Fantastic tire. Aggressive tread pattern and real grippy. Highly recommended.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

2 hours ago, MattF said:

This is the top tire on my list. I trust the opinions of people here so I figured I would see what ya'll said. Some have been mentioned I did not look at so I'm thankful keep em coming.

Don’t discount that Nokian Tom. They put a lot of R & D Into their product. It’s a Finland based company. They mainly focus on snow tires, but the Rotiva’s have a ton of 5* ratings, and I will vouch for them. Plus you can catch awesome deals on them if you keep an eye out.

Just put a Firestone Destinations on my Jeep....they are terrific.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

1 hour ago, Shankster said:

Don’t discount that Nokian Tom. They put a lot of R & D Into their product. It’s a Finland based company. They mainly focus on snow tires, but the Rotiva’s have a ton of 5* ratings, and I will vouch for them. Plus you can catch awesome deals on them if you keep an eye out.

I'm definitely going to look into these

Had whatever came stock on my F150, I'm due for new tires before the snow flies (so anywhere from a week to a month from now).  

The place I get my oil changed recommended Goodyear Trail Runner AT, don't really know anything about them though.  I don't go off road much at all and want something good in the snow.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

2 hours ago, GolfSpy Meyer said:

Had whatever came stock on my F150, I'm due for new tires before the snow flies (so anywhere from a week to a month from now).  

The place I get my oil changed recommended Goodyear Trail Runner AT, don't really know anything about them though.  I don't go off road much at all and want something good in the snow.

I think that is what comes on most trucks from the factory. 

Recommend those Nokian‘s for you too Meyer. They are a great all around tire with the mountain snowflake cert.

I installed tires for a college job a few moons ago. For the price you can’t beat them. Nice riding, lots of traction and great wear.

Sent from the North...

Tire rack.com has reviews on tires - you may want to check the reviews on various tires

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I run summer tires and drag radials on my toy which make for a lot of fun in the snow. On my daily driver I run Pilot all seasons and they work well.

And yes I have taken the Hellcat out in the snow to blow donuts. My wife calls me an idiot but I am her idiot to death do us part.

WITB 2024

Driver: :taylormade-small:  Qi10 LS 9* Ltd. HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60 TX

Fairway: :taylormade-small: BRNR Mini Driver Copper 13.5* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim 19* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Hybrid: :PXG: 0317x 22* KBS Proto 95x

Irons: :callaway-small: X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Wedges:  :callaway-small: Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Putter:  :callaway-small: Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Ball: :srixon-small: Z Star Diamond

Ended up getting Cooper AT3 tires. Here's why- price offered was better for the 10 ply tyres than other 10 ply with the tread that would benefit me on and off road. The price was cheaper than tirerack and these were installed which isn't included with tirerack. Also they got me in where there is an additional 75 off.

Alan no one local to me carried them and when I looked online for them they were hard to find if not impossible in the tyre size I was looking for. When I did find them they are listed at 15 bucks more than the coopers I decided to go with. Plus finding a 10 ply with them was hard.

I agree a great tire

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Cooper AT3 have been a great tiew for me and my buddies. Daily driver to mud, snow. ice, and in the woods. Best tire out there for the money. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Side question for the group, Do you guys buy online and have a local place install or just find a local place that sells the tires you want?

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I have always had good luck with Goodyear Wrangler's on my trucks.

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived