Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
MEET YOUR NEW MODERATORS Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tommc23

Tires

Tire rack.com has reviews on tires - you may want to check the reviews on various tires

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I run summer tires and drag radials on my toy which make for a lot of fun in the snow. On my daily driver I run Pilot all seasons and they work well.

And yes I have taken the Hellcat out in the snow to blow donuts. My wife calls me an idiot but I am her idiot to death do us part.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

Ended up getting Cooper AT3 tires. Here's why- price offered was better for the 10 ply tyres than other 10 ply with the tread that would benefit me on and off road. The price was cheaper than tirerack and these were installed which isn't included with tirerack. Also they got me in where there is an additional 75 off.

Alan no one local to me carried them and when I looked online for them they were hard to find if not impossible in the tyre size I was looking for. When I did find them they are listed at 15 bucks more than the coopers I decided to go with. Plus finding a 10 ply with them was hard.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Charli said:

Nitro grappler 35’s

On a 90 mile round trip to work that would kill my fuel mileage 

Cooper AT3 have been a great tiew for me and my buddies. Daily driver to mud, snow. ice, and in the woods. Best tire out there for the money. 

• Like 2

Side question for the group, Do you guys buy online and have a local place install or just find a local place that sells the tires you want?

Side question for the group, Do you guys buy online and have a local place install or just find a local place that sells the tires you want?
Local. I've done my research and very rarely is there a difference in prices at the end.
  • Like 2

Yeah, unless you get a killer deal on the tires most shops actually charge more to install tires you bring in over what you could buy from them. It usually ends up negating your deal when they charge per tire to mount/balance and dispose of old ones.

Sent from the North...

21 hours ago, jlukes said:
21 hours ago, GolfSpy Meyer said:

Local. I've done my research and very rarely is there a difference in prices at the end.

Yep. Add taxes and shipping and you're likely to get a better deal locally.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:20 AM, GolfSpy Meyer said:

The place I purchased mine from gave me a better price installed than tirerack gave me. That's impressive that they can give me that great of a price with disposing and balancing the tires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommc23 said:

The place I purchased mine from gave me a better price installed than tirerack gave me. That's impressive that they can give me that great of a price with disposing and balancing the tires.

My dealer gave me the same price as Tirerack but installed. So that saved me some $$. He did have to order in the tires though - not a normal stock item for him (Bridgestone Dueler) 

• Like 2

Tires are on the truck. The deep tread looks great very happy so far. Did 80 as a test and they were not loud at all. The road I did this on was not smooth but they handled it perfectly. They will have their first day off road coming up this week I hope, then the only test of if I got the right tyres will be the first snow storm. 20181101_113341.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

On 10/26/2018 at 11:06 AM, MattF said:

They have the Discoverer AT3 now, which I have on my truck...great tyre.

I have the same tires on my '00 Cherokee (XJ) and love them. Haven't used them in any kind of snow yet though. They've been pretty good in wet weather. 

• Like 2

You may have gotten the last of the AT3. Cooper don't make them anymore (I found out yesterday) and have replaced them with the Discoverer AT3 4S.

You may have gotten the last of the AT3. Cooper don't make them anymore (I found out yesterday) and have replaced them with the Discoverer AT3 4S.
They just came out with a newer AT3 the 4s is a different sub model. At least this is what I was told.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

According to Coopers website the only AT3 available for SUV's is the 4S and AT3 LT and XLT for trucks.

• Like 1