TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Wilson Staff Tour Ball

fozcycle

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

Well you guys were on a roll so I just let it play out. 😂 

For the record, I am old enough to know about the shaggin wagons but never rode in one myself. That's actually a throw carpet in my daughter's bedroom but I figured it would make for a nice contrast picture. It's so soft for her little toesies when she plays with her toys 😊 

But you can't spell it that way.  It's got to be Shaggin' Waggin' so that you're being hip.  If not, you sound like somebody's dad - completely square, man!

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

30 minutes ago, Reesedw said:

@GolfSpy STUDque you acknowledge it but no comments.. Heck you might not even know what we are talking about.. you might be too young.. this what we are picturing..  Image result for 70's van

A stabbing cabin, a shagging wagon... LOL

Pretty much what I was thinking, but I kind of picture him as more of a Wizard holding a crystal ball and staff kind of guy.

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2018 at 5:13 PM, Shankster said:

A touch more compression 60... could be my go to.

I really liked the 2015 FG Tour Ball 70 compression.

The 2017 model was not on my nice list, just didn’t feel as good as the 2015 model, and the flight was different.

The Wilson golf balls of today are much better than they were... well, many years ago.  They just didn't hold up very well.   🤣

IMG_1040.jpg.a2e4a96796a7f552b9879c866b61acb7.jpg

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

• 2 weeks later...

So I've played 2 rounds with these balls and lost 2 balls thus far.

The first was lost on an unfortunate duck hook on the 18th tee. I wanted to take a picture of the ball after finishing that hole to demonstrate durability. The second was lost hitting an atomic 4 iron over a layup position into the water. 

In lieu of pictures, please accept this description: the cover shows blemishes not affecting play. The matte finish seems to stain a little but cuts/tears/scuffs haven't shown up yet.  

I'm digging the feel. I like the action into/around the green. Explosive off the woods. And I'm LOVING the color. Not sure it'll still be as easy to find when the courses green up but they're grrrrreat now. 

I'm enjoying some distance too. I'd been playing the Snell Red (yellow) for a bit and didn't realize how much yardage they were losing. Chalked it up to weather at first but these Duo pros are making me think the Reds may be a bad fit for my SS. 

These greenies feel awesome off the putter too. I've got a lot of good things to say about them so here's hoping for continued success. 

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

So I've played 2 rounds with these balls and lost 2 balls thus far.
The first was lost on an unfortunate duck hook on the 18th tee. I wanted to take a picture of the ball after finishing that hole to demonstrate durability. The second was lost hitting an atomic 4 iron over a layup position into the water. 
In lieu of pictures, please accept this description: the cover shows blemishes not affecting play. The matte finish seems to stain a little but cuts/tears/scuffs haven't shown up yet.  
I'm digging the feel. I like the action into/around the green. Explosive off the woods. And I'm LOVING the color. Not sure it'll still be as easy to find when the courses green up but they're grrrrreat now. 
I'm enjoying some distance too. I'd been playing the Snell Red (yellow) for a bit and didn't realize how much yardage they were losing. Chalked it up to weather at first but these Duo pros are making me think the Reds may be a bad fit for my SS. 
These greenies feel awesome off the putter too. I've got a lot of good things to say about them so here's hoping for continued success. 

I played these the last four days and couldn’t agree more with your assessment of them. Really long for me and I hit 3 drives longer than my longest drive last year. Staining wasn’t bad but the course was very firm. Nothing a lick or two didn’t clean right up. I think I’ll stick with these for awhile.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Got a dozen white pros waiting to be played.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/19/2019 at 4:25 PM, Reesedw said:

@GolfSpy STUDque you acknowledge it but no comments.. Heck you might not even know what we are talking about.. you might be too young.. this what we are picturing..  Image result for 70's van

A stabbing cabin, a shagging wagon... LOL

ROTFLMAO!!!!   I did not know you west coast boys knew the term "stabbing cabin". Goes to prove there are rednecks everywhere

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 3/8/2019 at 4:34 PM, Kenny B said:

The Wilson golf balls of today are much better than they were... well, many years ago.  They just didn't hold up very well.   🤣

IMG_1040.jpg.a2e4a96796a7f552b9879c866b61acb7.jpg

Good example of a aged balata ball the windings are busted in and the core is trying to make a run for it or busting out. When we were kids we would find balls like that and put them in the direct sun and see how long it took them to "hatch" Hit one with a club and watch the funky flight it is hilarious. One time we played a match on our old par 3 course with a handful of those balls. You needed a handful  because they would bust open and we played it like it lied if you missed the green which was quite often you played it down. If it busted open you could drop another ball. Try to putt one you had to figure break plus ball roll and we were not touching anything on the greens either. Par on that course was 27 and I think I shot 47 or maybe 50 but it was a barrel of laughs. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On the original post I tried to add this but could not edit it---- But anyhow I messed around and putted one of those balls on the putting green. Liked the feel off of a blade style putter. I have not hit any of them yet even with a wedge. What caught me was the "Professional" name. A lot of the old schoolers remember the old Titleist Professional 90 which was a balata ball. Which IMHO was one of the greatest balls of all time only surpassed by the Maxfli HT-100 which was also balata again IMHO

G

1 hour ago, BIG STU said:

ROTFLMAO!!!!   I did not know you west coast boys knew the term "stabbing cabin". Goes to prove there are rednecks everywhere

@BIG STU, You and @ole grayare not the only rednecks around... LOL We all have a little redneck in us whether or not some want to admit it.. Me I admit it.. I even had me a true Hound dog.. ." Stabbin Cabin", "Shaggin wagon", #uck Truck. they are all good.. LOL.. 

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Titleist TSR3 Hzrdus Black 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedge 54* 

Cleveland RTX Zipcore Wedge 58*

Snake Eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Taylormade TP-5X

[mention=4406]BIG STU[/mention], You and [mention=67397]ole gray[/mention]are not the only rednecks around... LOL We all have a little redneck in us whether or not some want to admit it.. Me I admit it.. I even had me a true Hound dog.. ." Stabbin Cabin", "Shaggin wagon", #uck Truck. they are all good.. LOL.. 

I hear ya partner!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

15 hours ago, Shankster said:

Quick note after hitting some putts, and chips, pitches.

Feels great off the putter, a bit jumpy on chips, and mush on pitch shots. Afraid it might be a touch soft for my liking. Very soft feeling. I’ll do up a full review when I can actually put it through its paces.

Shanks, as a friendly heads up, if you decide these aren't for you, I'd be willing to take them off your hands.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Based on the comments here, I ran to DSG today to buy a doz. unfortunately not one box in the store - they mustn't have a retail agreement with them.

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel