TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger returns to Orlando & practicing already

bigtedrx

I have thought from the beginning there would be no way he would miss the Master's. With that being said I feel that he would have to play in at least one tournament prior to so he could get the media circus over with and slightly under control. I hope he comes back soon, while I like watching the younger and/or little known players he wont take away much from them as he doesn't play every single week.

So the AP is reporting that Woods has returned home and has been practicing.

AP Link

Anyone think he'll try and come back to defend at the Arnold Palmer Invitational as a prep for the Masters?

I sure hope so to. The Tour needs Tiger to come back and play. If I were Tiger, I'd have already been playing nearly every tournament. I'd take on the VJ-type tournament schedule and play everywhere. He needs to realize that GOLF is what has made Tiger, not the other way around. People know him because of how well he plays. Stop being freaking a fussy knucklehead and get out there and PLAY!

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

I hope he is getting ready for a return... I could care less about his personal life... this kind of stuff happens every day in every city and it never makes the news... let him get back to golf and hopefully people will forget about all the extra crap...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I always figured he'd need to come back in a controlled environment like The Tavistock or Master's. With Tiger's penchant for control (that seems not to have changed re: his "press conference"), I'd be surprised to see him just show up at any old tour event. The Tavistock would be a good ease back into competition for him, and allow him some control with friendly accomplices (the neighborhood's, sponsors, etc.).

• 8 years later...
On 3/2/2010 at 5:02 PM, NGage said:

I always figured he'd need to come back in a controlled environment like The Tavistock or Master's. With Tiger's penchant for control (that seems not to have changed re: his "press conference"), I'd be surprised to see him just show up at any old tour event. The Tavistock would be a good ease back into competition for him, and allow him some control with friendly accomplices (the neighborhood's, sponsors, etc.).

It appears he is fine. I often thought he needed playing some web.com events for his confidence. But his game is holding up well. But agree , an controlled environment a few rounds a year 

Keep it in the short stuff

Archived