TESTERS WANTED! ×

Watch Adam & Sam on Driver vs Driver tonight and win prizes!

Golfspy_CG2

So as you may have read on social media and the home page, Adam and Sam will be featured testers on tonight's episode of Driver vs Driver 2.   Check out the blog piece here on how you can win some cool Wilson Staff prizes by watching.

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-driver-vs-driver-golf-channel/

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

So as you may have read on social media and the home page, Adam and Sam will be featured testers on tonight's episode of Driver vs Driver 2.   Check out the blog piece here on how you can win some cool Wilson Staff prizes by watching.
https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-driver-vs-driver-golf-channel/

Yes, saw that, really cool. Unfortunately I’m stuck in a hotel tonight without the Golf Channel.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Yes, saw that, really cool. Unfortunately I’m stuck in a hotel tonight without the Golf Channel.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Try to catch a repeat or replay from your phone. Entries due on Friday. One of the questions was answered in the promo video for tonight’s show.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Weren't there once equipment reviewers called "Ham" and "Egg,"

or should I back off the Sambuca in my after-dinner coffee?

I don't think that I'm hallucinating.

I've never seen Driver vs. Driver, though 

Off topic, I wish that I could afford a chauffeur.

Driving at night sucks at my age.

Weren't there once equipment reviewers called "Ham" and "Egg,"
or should I back off the Sambuca in my after-dinner coffee?
I don't think that I'm hallucinating.

Yep there was once reviewers called ham and egg. Circa 2008.

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

@niftyniblick. Did some more research. The website was hamegg.org. If you put the URL in the internet wayback machine website (https://archive.org/web/) you can see archives of the website back in the glory days.

Caught the show on dvr this morning. Was the best segments of the season so far. Nice to see the effort put out by them get some recognition on tv

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I had not watched any of the previous episodes, but I watched last night.  It was interesting, and I thought Adam and Sam were fabulous!!  First time I had seen both of their swings.  

Apparently for some, sound has a much bigger impact on club selection than performance.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

15 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I had not watched any of the previous episodes, but I watched last night.  It was interesting, and I thought Adam and Sam were fabulous!!  First time I had seen both of their swings.  

Apparently for some, sound has a much bigger impact on club selection than performance.

it was pretty good.  I thought Sam made a very insightful comment when I think rick asked him if could change one thing about the driver would it be sound or looks.   He said looks, because sound happens after you've already swung, and looks is obviously in your mind before you swing.    I had never thought of it that way, but it makes so much sense. 

I also thought Adam gave some good comments on what he'd like if he saw it on the rack in a retail store. 

31 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

I also thought Adam gave some good comments on what he'd like if he saw it on the rack in a retail store. 

I used to think that I really didn't care about looks if it got the job done, but as I was typing the review for the Bridgestone clubs and assessing their looks, it occurred to me that there are some brands/models I won't even try because they don't have "shelf" appeal to me as I'm wandering through the racks of irons. I can't say that I've ever even pulled an M1 or M2 iron off the rack to even waggle just because they don't appeal to me and there are more like them.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

1 hour ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

it was pretty good.  I thought Sam made a very insightful comment when I think rick asked him if could change one thing about the driver would it be sound or looks.   He said looks, because sound happens after you've already swung, and looks is obviously in your mind before you swing.    I had never thought of it that way, but it makes so much sense.

And yet, when making a choice of what driver to drop at the end of the episode, the judges went for sound over looks on dropping Launchpad instead of Magnus.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

If we're going by looks,  Mizuno and Titleist are really the only major-brand irons to fit my eye,

Ping has some nice, not too busy looking irons,  but the amount of bounce on their soles turns me off, even visually.

To be honest, just about everybody's metalwoods look too busy for me,

but even at the end, I hit the older, plainer looking ones well enough to stay with them.

What really confuses me, though, is why I won't give up and stop thinking about this stuff.

If I'd have won the 1.6B lottery drawing, i would have probably blown it all on a golf club company.

While I have not yet watched the episode, I do have it recorded on my DVR so I will watch it tonight.   Along with a genuine interest in their insights and comments,  I'm looking forward to putting some faces with the names, so to speak,  especially Adam because he provided this valued and enjoyable site.   

I also have some additional interest because it is about a Wilson product.   The first set of clubs I purchased were a Wilson Sam Sneed Blue Ridge starter set.   So I wonder if maybe there is some sort of Karma that the last set that I most likely will purchase should be made by Wilson.

24 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

While I have not yet watched the episode, I do have it recorded on my DVR so I will watch it tonight.   Along with a genuine interest in their insights and comments,  I'm looking forward to putting some faces with the names, so to speak,  especially Adam because he provided this valued and enjoyable site.   

I also have some additional interest because it is about a Wilson product.   The first set of clubs I purchased were a Wilson Sam Sneed Blue Ridge starter set.   So I wonder if maybe there is some sort of Karma that the last set that I most likely will purchase should be made by Wilson.

If you haven't seen Adam before, you don't have to wait until night.  This is obviously a few years old but it's a good message to hear every now and then.

https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

Speaking of Adam, my Fiance watched the episode with me last night.  She got bored at all the tech talk, but she enjoyed seeing a couple people I know be part of it.

Her takeaways.....

Adam looks like a cross between Bubba Watson and Tim McGraw!    Which once she said that, I can definitely see the Bubba part, except he didn't turn around and blame the inventors for a less than perfect shot...ha

Sam-She thought looks like the kind of young man, that every mother would love to see her daughter bring home...and I added that every father would love to bring to the Member Guest...she didn't get that part...ha

32 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

If you haven't seen Adam before, you don't have to wait until night.  This is obviously a few years old but it's a good message to hear every now and then.

https://mygolfspy.com/our-mission/

I most certain would enjoy watching that message, but I'm still having a problem with my computer.   I still get that message about a secure connection.  

I most certain would enjoy watching that message, but I'm still having a problem with my computer.   I still get that message about a secure connection.  

Change the url from https to http. Often when links are posted the form converts the url to a secure one. Just remove the s where the browser shows the url.

13 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Change the url from https to http. Often when links are posted the form converts the url to a secure one. Just remove the s where the browser shows the url.

Thanks for the suggestion.   I did my best to remove the s, but the computer keeps putting it back.    It's frustrating being a computer illiterate, if for no other reason than I cannot fully participate here.   But I've learned to accept life as a digital dinosaur.  

Didn't see Sam or Adam the entire episode I only saw Hailey Ostrom 😅

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Thanks for the suggestion.   I did my best to remove the s, but the computer keeps putting it back.    It's frustrating being a computer illiterate, if for no other reason than I cannot fully participate here.   But I've learned to accept life as a digital dinosaur.  

Sorry, probably a fairly easy fix if we could get in your computer.

2 hours ago, TheWahoo said:

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Sorry, probably a fairly easy fix if we could get in your computer.

Wahoo...Bring it out to the course one day soon for an "off site meeting" we'll have lunch and get your squared away.   I'm assuming it's a laptop and not a desktop...I hope 😁

16 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Wahoo...Bring it out to the course one day soon for an "off site meeting" we'll have lunch and get your squared away.   I'm assuming it's a laptop and not a desktop...I hope 😁

Unfortunately, I am using my office desktop.   That's why I don't post at night or on weekends because I am not in my office.    On January 1, 2019, I will enter full retirement, so I will need to purchase a desktop, that hopefully I can use and remain a participant on this site.   But, I must admit that I am extremely worried because I am a computer illiterate.  I fear that I may become a memory here, but I trust a good and fine memory.   I certainly appreciate your offer to help and MDGolfHacker has offered his assistance as well.  

I did watch the "Driver vs, Driver" episode last night.   It was great to see Adam and Sam; to say they were impressive would be a major understatement.   Their comments were accurate, insightful and illustrated their technical knowledge.   They also hit drives over 300 yards, so to quote an often used comment: "they play a game for which I am not familiar".   

12 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Unfortunately, I am using my office desktop.   That's why I don't post at night or on weekends because I am not in my office.    On January 1, 2019, I will enter full retirement, so I will need to purchase a desktop, that hopefully I can use and remain a participant on this site.   But, I must admit that I am extremely worried because I am a computer illiterate.  I fear that I may become a memory here, but I trust a good and fine memory.   I certainly appreciate your offer to help and MDGolfHacker has offered his assistance as well.  

I did watch the "Driver vs, Driver" episode last night.   It was great to see Adam and Sam; to say they were impressive would be a major understatement.   Their comments were accurate, insightful and illustrated their technical knowledge.   They also hit drives over 300 yards, so to quote an often used comment: "they play a game for which I am not familiar".   

First Congratulations on your impending retirement, if I hadn't already said that!~

Now, I usually hate telling people what to buy and do with their money, but before you invest in a desktop, make sure and speak to MDGolfhacker.  There is really no reason to have a desktop now days even for home computing.  A laptop--with a docking station--can take care of any computing needs you have.   And for MGS browsing and such, you could probably just invest in a very inexpensive I pad or tablet.   I mean very inexpensive.   Definitely come out to the course one day this winter--after you are no longer working and we'll set you straight. 

You boys did great on Driver vs Driver 2.... I have to ask is Jimmy with the Magnus really that way in real life with the arrogance or is it just for the show?

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

First Congratulations on your impending retirement, if I hadn't already said that!~

Now, I usually hate telling people what to buy and do with their money, but before you invest in a desktop, make sure and speak to MDGolfhacker.  There is really no reason to have a desktop now days even for home computing.  A laptop--with a docking station--can take care of any computing needs you have.   And for MGS browsing and such, you could probably just invest in a very inexpensive I pad or tablet.   I mean very inexpensive.   Definitely come out to the course one day this winter--after you are no longer working and we'll set you straight. 

Totally agree!!  I had a desktop for years at work, but even before I retired, I had the company buy me a laptop.  I could take all of my "stuff" with me when I traveled!!  After I retired and gave up the company laptop, I bought an iPad.  The new ones are better than the one had.  I eventually gave that iPad to my wife and bought a laptop.  While I like it, I may go back to an iPad this next year.  

BTW, let me welcome you to impending retirement.  Make a plan before you do.  Don't retire, and then think "Now what do I do?"  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The magnus had the best smash but did it have the best flight. Apparently the looks are a big part of it. I can’t think of the names, Cortex, and the young kids infinity which is now a z track will be the final I think. The magnus looks are going to keep it from going further. Many comments on, if these were on the rack. Many of them said they wouldn’t even try the magnus based on looks. That matters when you are trying to sell. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My thoughts watching this were that they decided just to focus on "smash" for some random reason. You could see that they were hitting one driver with 1.45 and another with 1.48. But the 1.45 was going 30 yards further due to launch angle and spin.

It was really weird to watch a comparison of drivers pertaining exclusively to a metric that doesn't mean a huge amount in club fitting . I don't know if I have ever even heard Rick S mention SF in any of the reviews of his I have watched, and I've watched a lot.

That said, Sam was only getting about 1k of spin with the cortex. Yikes.

Even the last segment was odd with them hitting a long drive. Without comparing it between the drivers or to their current gamer I literally have no idea what the purpose of it was.

Still, good to see MGS getting some air time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I don’t like the looks of his driver, but I do like the  charisma of Jimmy, he has brought for something different that is performing just as well as the traditional driver. However, I think that’s the real problem, although his design is different, and looks different, the performance is not better. Innovation yes, but will his Driver market to the target audience. Personally I don’t think it will, so I think he will be next to go. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived