Watch Adam & Sam on Driver vs Driver tonight and win prizes!

Our Sponsors

Thanks for the suggestion.   I did my best to remove the s, but the computer keeps putting it back.    It's frustrating being a computer illiterate, if for no other reason than I cannot fully participate here.   But I've learned to accept life as a digital dinosaur.  

Sorry, probably a fairly easy fix if we could get in your computer.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, TheWahoo said:

Thanks for the suggestion.   I did my best to remove the s, but the computer keeps putting it back.    It's frustrating being a computer illiterate, if for no other reason than I cannot fully participate here.   But I've learned to accept life as a digital dinosaur.  

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Sorry, probably a fairly easy fix if we could get in your computer.

Wahoo...Bring it out to the course one day soon for an "off site meeting" we'll have lunch and get your squared away.   I'm assuming it's a laptop and not a desktop...I hope 😁

• Like 3

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

16 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

Wahoo...Bring it out to the course one day soon for an "off site meeting" we'll have lunch and get your squared away.   I'm assuming it's a laptop and not a desktop...I hope 😁

Unfortunately, I am using my office desktop.   That's why I don't post at night or on weekends because I am not in my office.    On January 1, 2019, I will enter full retirement, so I will need to purchase a desktop, that hopefully I can use and remain a participant on this site.   But, I must admit that I am extremely worried because I am a computer illiterate.  I fear that I may become a memory here, but I trust a good and fine memory.   I certainly appreciate your offer to help and MDGolfHacker has offered his assistance as well.  

I did watch the "Driver vs, Driver" episode last night.   It was great to see Adam and Sam; to say they were impressive would be a major understatement.   Their comments were accurate, insightful and illustrated their technical knowledge.   They also hit drives over 300 yards, so to quote an often used comment: "they play a game for which I am not familiar".   

12 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Unfortunately, I am using my office desktop.   That's why I don't post at night or on weekends because I am not in my office.    On January 1, 2019, I will enter full retirement, so I will need to purchase a desktop, that hopefully I can use and remain a participant on this site.   But, I must admit that I am extremely worried because I am a computer illiterate.  I fear that I may become a memory here, but I trust a good and fine memory.   I certainly appreciate your offer to help and MDGolfHacker has offered his assistance as well.  

I did watch the "Driver vs, Driver" episode last night.   It was great to see Adam and Sam; to say they were impressive would be a major understatement.   Their comments were accurate, insightful and illustrated their technical knowledge.   They also hit drives over 300 yards, so to quote an often used comment: "they play a game for which I am not familiar".   

First Congratulations on your impending retirement, if I hadn't already said that!~

Now, I usually hate telling people what to buy and do with their money, but before you invest in a desktop, make sure and speak to MDGolfhacker.  There is really no reason to have a desktop now days even for home computing.  A laptop--with a docking station--can take care of any computing needs you have.   And for MGS browsing and such, you could probably just invest in a very inexpensive I pad or tablet.   I mean very inexpensive.   Definitely come out to the course one day this winter--after you are no longer working and we'll set you straight. 

• Like 6

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

You boys did great on Driver vs Driver 2.... I have to ask is Jimmy with the Magnus really that way in real life with the arrogance or is it just for the show?

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

40 minutes ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

First Congratulations on your impending retirement, if I hadn't already said that!~

Now, I usually hate telling people what to buy and do with their money, but before you invest in a desktop, make sure and speak to MDGolfhacker.  There is really no reason to have a desktop now days even for home computing.  A laptop--with a docking station--can take care of any computing needs you have.   And for MGS browsing and such, you could probably just invest in a very inexpensive I pad or tablet.   I mean very inexpensive.   Definitely come out to the course one day this winter--after you are no longer working and we'll set you straight. 

Totally agree!!  I had a desktop for years at work, but even before I retired, I had the company buy me a laptop.  I could take all of my "stuff" with me when I traveled!!  After I retired and gave up the company laptop, I bought an iPad.  The new ones are better than the one had.  I eventually gave that iPad to my wife and bought a laptop.  While I like it, I may go back to an iPad this next year.  

BTW, let me welcome you to impending retirement.  Make a plan before you do.  Don't retire, and then think "Now what do I do?"  

• Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The magnus had the best smash but did it have the best flight. Apparently the looks are a big part of it. I can’t think of the names, Cortex, and the young kids infinity which is now a z track will be the final I think. The magnus looks are going to keep it from going further. Many comments on, if these were on the rack. Many of them said they wouldn’t even try the magnus based on looks. That matters when you are trying to sell. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

My thoughts watching this were that they decided just to focus on "smash" for some random reason. You could see that they were hitting one driver with 1.45 and another with 1.48. But the 1.45 was going 30 yards further due to launch angle and spin.

It was really weird to watch a comparison of drivers pertaining exclusively to a metric that doesn't mean a huge amount in club fitting . I don't know if I have ever even heard Rick S mention SF in any of the reviews of his I have watched, and I've watched a lot.

That said, Sam was only getting about 1k of spin with the cortex. Yikes.

Even the last segment was odd with them hitting a long drive. Without comparing it between the drivers or to their current gamer I literally have no idea what the purpose of it was.

Still, good to see MGS getting some air time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :ping-small: G400Max, 10.5° Fujikura Ventus 6s

FW Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 17.5°

Utility:    :cobra-small: King Forged 19.5° Utility

Irons:   image.png.cbfb2d938ea45d82004d9bdeb23cf643.pngD7 Forged GW-5i

Wedges:  :Sub70:  56°

Putter:   5WoCG8Y.jpgER2 69°lie, 4° loft, 32.75"

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

I don’t like the looks of his driver, but I do like the  charisma of Jimmy, he has brought for something different that is performing just as well as the traditional driver. However, I think that’s the real problem, although his design is different, and looks different, the performance is not better. Innovation yes, but will his Driver market to the target audience. Personally I don’t think it will, so I think he will be next to go. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

How many balls did you guys really hit to make that scene?

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg ACCRA tour Z GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - 33" 3 deg loft 70 lie, lrg slight line slightly toe hang

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.