Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Spieth says Get Fit... at Club Champion

Kenny B

Jordan Spieth joins Club Champion as Brand Ambassador 

Shares Importance of Custom Fitting for Golfers of All Levels 

Willowbrook, IL - Club Champion, the nation’s leading custom club fitting and building company, announces a multi-year agreement with three-time Major Champion Jordan Spieth. Through the partnership, Spieth will educate golfers on the benefits of playing with properly fit equipment and the value of custom club fitting for players of all skill levels. While golfers could benefit from many avenues of fitting, Spieth aligned himself with Club Champion because of their ability to fit and build equipment to professional- level standards.

1645afe3-0405-468b-9713-6fc239821b5e_600

Spieth, who will be Club Champion’s primary brand ambassador, commented, “I’m fortunate to have the Titleist Tour Van out on the road, so I know how important it is to have properly fitted equipment. I’m excited to partner with Club Champion because they really do provide a true tour-level experience that I am confident will help golfers improve their game and ultimately have more fun on the course.”

Club Champion is the nation’s finest club fitter, builder, and retailer of the best brands in golf, offering nearly every brand of equipment on the market. Currently, they have thirty- nine fitting studios across the United States, with twenty-three additional locations opening by early spring 2019. Company co-founder and Chairman Keith Bank stated,

“We are in hyper-growth mode, and Jordan is the perfect spokesperson for our team. We could not be more excited about adding someone of Jordan’s stature, class, and credibility to strengthen our leading position in the industry. He is a true professional in every sense of the word.”

According to Joe Lee, Club Champion’s co-founder and CEO, “Jordan is a true student of the game. He knows how vitally important it is for golfers of all levels to be properly fit to play better golf, shoot lower scores and enjoy the game more. Tens of thousands of our satisfied customers will attest to our ability to fulfill this mission and we are delighted to welcome Jordan into the Club Champion family.”

For more information on Club Champion, visit clubchampiongolf.com or call 888-340- 7820.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Jordan being the "perfect spokesperson"? Hmm they might want to look around a bit more.....maybe BK or the many others that have outplayed JS.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Another sponsor and the additional pocket change that come with it is great, but he needs to get the wedding and honeymoon period done ASAP or 2019 will be just another "my mind is somewhere else" season.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Am I the only one that read into the excerpt that JS may have inadvertently compared club champion with the Titleist Tour Van?  I would be surprised if he stepped into a club champion before this deal.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Am I the only one that read into the excerpt that JS may have inadvertently compared club champion with the Titleist Tour Van?  I would be surprised if he stepped into a club champion before this deal.

Kinda but not. I think he used it to emphasize the importance of getting fit.

He must be trying to backfill lost winnings with a new sponsor.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

15 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

I read that too and I wondered about the same thing. I like JS but I couldn't help with my first comment it was too easy.

7 hours ago, Kenny B said:

If he doesn't win, what does that say about being fit?

Considering he is fit into everything he plays and didn’t didnt win this year probably nothing because pga tour golf is hard and the really good one don’t always win. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, jlukes said:
11 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Absolutely nothing

Not to mention Spieth is a hard one to get yo switch gear. It took him forever to change drivers and irons and he switched back to old ones for awhile

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

A few years ago when I was thinking of getting new clubs, I purchased and read a book, "The Search for the Perfect Club".   While I understood most of it, I must admit a bit of it was "over my head" so to speak.   For what it may be worth, if anything, the author suggested that club fitting is important to golfers of all skill levels.  

A specific comment regarding Club Champion, if I may.    I went to their location near DC, but unfortunately my timing was horrible.    It was rather close to a time where I had not played for about almost a year due to health concerns and my doctor had not long agreed that I could return to the game, but monitor myself physically when playing.   I went for a driver fitting.  The long and short, the fitter recognized that my health was still impacting me.   He advised me that I should just keep using my current driver, in the short term.   At the time, the fee for a driver fitting was $150.  When I was about to pay the fee, the fitter said that it would be wrong to charge me the full fee.   So he said just give him $50 and he gave me a document where that amount would be credited on any future fittings.   While I cannot comment on all Club Champion locales, based on my experience, the fitter at the DC area location was an upstanding and understanding guy.      

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Considering he is fit into everything he plays and didn’t didnt win this year probably nothing because pga tour golf is hard and the really good one don’t always win. 

4 hours ago, jlukes said:
12 hours ago, Kenny B said:

Absolutely nothing

From our perspective, I agree.  But consider the novice golfer... someone who just took up the game.  They see Spieth on TV sponsored by Club Champion, and they look into what Club Champion offers.  

Through the partnership, Spieth will educate golfers on the benefits of playing with properly fit equipment and the value of custom club fitting for players of all skill levels.

If Spieth wins a tournament this year, then I can see a big impact on club fitting for these individuals.  If he plays like he did this last year, and falls down the WGR even further, I think it hurts Club Champion.  They took a risk, IMO.  Bridgestone did the same think with Tiger, and it worked out.  I hope Spieth plays well and wins, and I think Club Champion is hoping that also.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

A few years ago when I was thinking of getting new clubs, I purchased and read a book, "The Search for the Perfect Club".  

If you are still searching for the "Perfect Club", I have one sitting in my garage, and I would be happy to send it to you free of charge!  :)

47 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

From our perspective, I agree.  But consider the novice golfer... someone who just took up the game.  They see Spieth on TV sponsored by Club Champion, and they look into what Club Champion offers.  

Through the partnership, Spieth will educate golfers on the benefits of playing with properly fit equipment and the value of custom club fitting for players of all skill levels.

If Spieth wins a tournament this year, then I can see a big impact on club fitting for these individuals.  If he plays like he did this last year, and falls down the WGR even further, I think it hurts Club Champion.  They took a risk, IMO.  Bridgestone did the same think with Tiger, and it worked out.  I hope Spieth plays well and wins, and I think Club Champion is hoping that also.

Given his performance last year the sponsor $$ were probably a lot less than if he was in the top 5. Kinda like buying stocks low and hoping they go up. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

I think you're severely overestimating just how much tour influence has on golf purchases. And it's probably even less on fittings.

That's why I said absolutely none. Even if he wins every tournament this year I doubt Club champion would see any sort uptick in number of fittings from people who never previously would have considered getting fit.

It's all about marketing and brand recognition.  Club Champion is trying to build a brand.  Jordan Spieth is the most marketable player on the PGA Tour outside of Tiger Woods.  https://www.foxsports.com/soccer/gallery/30-most-marketable-athletes-in-the-world-federer-lebron-woods-ronaldo-durant-021017

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

The novice golfer is not getting fit and we see that on the various forums all the time with “should I get fit as a beginner”, “get fit for new or buy used as a beginner” and various other similar threads on the topic of getting fit.  

Tour influence imo isn’t as big as many think. Novices may want to play what the tour guy plays but think to themselves in many cases I’m not good enough to play and if tour influence had a direct and large impact on consumer purchases Callaway wouldn’t be leading sales with 2-3 wins in the last year plus compared to the number of wins by TM or Titleist and Mizuno sales would have skyrocketed on jpx 900 after three majors by Koepka. 

Regarding Club Champion when the novice looks into them and sees the prices to get fit they are going to walk away before even finishing reading the website. The price of fittin is what many are looking to spend on used equipment. Not to mention their local fitter/pro shop is going to be cheaper for the fitting and ordering if equipment 

19 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

The novice golfer is not getting fit and we see that on the various forums all the time with “should I get fit as a beginner”, “get fit for new or buy used as a beginner” and various other similar threads on the topic of getting fit.  

Tour influence imo isn’t as big as many think. Novices may want to play what the tour guy plays but think to themselves in many cases I’m not good enough to play and if tour influence had a direct and large impact on consumer purchases Callaway wouldn’t be leading sales with 2-3 wins in the last year plus compared to the number of wins by TM or Titleist and Mizuno sales would have skyrocketed on jpx 900 after three majors by Koepka. 

Regarding Club Champion when the novice looks into them and sees the prices to get fit they are going to walk away before even finishing reading the website. The price of fittin is what many are looking to spend on used equipment. Not to mention their local fitter/pro shop is going to be cheaper for the fitting and ordering if equipment 

As you say, the novice/intermediate golfer is who gets influenced by Tour use, so CC is attempting to attract the novice/intermediate market. Jordan Spieth, regardless of how he plays, still has a large pull over novice/intermediate golfers, who don't follow the tour closely. 

I don't think CC is trying to attract people that already get fit, and are avid golfers. I think they are trying to attract someone who is just getting into the game, and want to improve, but don't understand how important fittings are yet. 

A lot of the intermediate golfers that I mention above, play OTR brand new, expensive equipment, so I don't think price is an issue for the market segment they are trying to attract. 

Just my $0.02. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Perhaps, Club Champions have missed their best opportunity regarding the Spieth endorsement.   In 2015, his endorsement may have increased the volume of their putter fittings.   Currently, I'm not sure that they would specifically mention putter fittings.  

Speith switched back to his old Titleist driver and 3 wood and ditched the TS for now. I wonder if he got fit at CC for this TS driver and 3 wood...I kid...sort of. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

The way he's been playing he needs something more than just getting fit or re-fit.

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Last year Spieth was better on approach shots than the year before when he won, but he couldn't putt.  This year he can't hit his driver, can't hit greens with irons, and he still can't putt from inside 4 feet.

Just hurry up and get married!!!

Archived