Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

OGIO Announces Alpha Convoy Collection And Brand Refresh

Golfspy_CG2

From Ogio's Press Release

SAN DIEGO – Oct. 29, 2018 – OGIO International, Inc., a leading innovator of sports and travel bags, backpacks and golf bags, announced today a global brand refresh featuring a new line of products, refined messaging, new website and modernized logo. The rebrand represents the company’s strategic plan for growth and follows closely behind OGIO’s 30th anniversary and acquisition by the Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY).

Since 1987, OGIO has produced high performance gear bags with durable materials, long shelf lives, and a plethora of pockets for storage. Today, the company aims to make the world’s most ingeniously-designed, expertly-constructed and technologically-unrivaled personal storage products. OGIO collections fuse performance, sports, and lifestyle, with a renewed focus on organization, durability, protection, ergonomics, mobility, and sustainability. The refresh showcases the company’s evolution from a veteran to an industry-leading global brand known for the highest-quality performance bags in the world.

“Innovation is the driving force of everything we do,” said Harry Arnett, president of OGIO. “Change is obviously critical for any brand, especially one that has been around for 30 years like we have. The products we are launching represent the very best in design, quality, and performance. It’s an exciting step forward for our company and we know current fans and potential new fans of OGIO will love the new direction.“

As part of OGIO’s rebrand, the company will launch its first product collection called OGIO ALPHA Convoy. Designed to be rugged, utilitarian, and bold, this line of products is built to withstand the test of time. The collection is built with premium components and materials, including Cordura® EcoMade fabric. This special material is ultra-durable and also made from recycled plastics, reducing the energy consumption in the manufacturing process. OGIO ALPHA Convoy features a cohesive lineup of four backpacks, three travel bags, and two golf bags, which will be unveiled in late 2018.

“Tapping into our heritage is extremely important for OGIO’s future success. OGIO’s design has been rooted in durability and organization since its inception, and the newly launched line exceeds our expectations by introducing an additional pillar of sustainability. As consumers demand change, we are committed to changing with them, and the recycled materials used in our new products are just one example of our commitment to innovate and adapt,” said Jeff Rang, design director at OGIO.

OGIO’s new branding allows the company to cohesively communicate that its innovations help its users turn their ambitions into achievements. The company’s new modern logo and updated website bring a sharp new visual identity to OGIO. The updated website is a major shift towards engaging with the modern, digital-first consumer through a balance of visual content and in-depth information on OGIO technology and innovation. This, combined with OGIO 365, a place where real users share their stories of how OGIO helps them achieve their goals, will be a great place to visit for both product research and personal inspiration. For more information on OGIO, visit www.ogio.com.

Below are some selected images from across the line.   To see the entire line go to www.ogio.com

OGIO-2019-Bag-Stand-Shadow-Golf-Fuse-304-Black-Left.jpg

ogio-convoy-514-stand-bag-gloworange-left-2019.jpg

ogio-convoy-backpack-525-olive-front-2019.jpg

ogio-convoy-luggage-520-black-front-2019.jpg

ogio-convoy-luggage-522-gloworange-front-2019.jpg

ogio-convoy-luggage-526-black-right-2019.jpg

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

6 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Thank God they have overhauled their styling

Yeah, it's never been a brand that grabbed my attention from a style stand point.  From looking at some of the other images on the website, there are some pretty sharp looking bags, both golf and lifestyle wise. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I have never been a fan of Ogio, in fact, I had a bag from them 2 years ago that absolutely fell apart. The zippers broke, the legs fell off, and the dividers fell out.  

I hope the overhauled everything in this new release because the new stuff looks nice. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

If they don't bring back the Silencer line they lost me as a customer.  Might be time to stock up on a closeout model from Budgetgolf

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy Meyer said:

If they don't bring back the Silencer line they lost me as a customer.  Might be time to stock up on a closeout model from Budgetgolf

It's coming back.  Per Harry on twitter:

There were some things about the functionality and styling we believed we could dramatically improve. It's being reworked for a future relaunch.

I’ll be buying this one:
https://www.justsaygolf.com/ogio-alpha-convoy-rtc-bag/

Convoy RTC, Gray. Yep. I love the way they’ve arranged the top, I love that the leg activator isn’t separate like on my Sun Mountain. Mine shifts all over the place on a riding cart. Most of all, they’re back to NORMAL patterns! Just plain! FINALLY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I've had the grom and currently using the silencer, used these two bags probably the last 8 years so for me so they've held up pretty well. My silencer is starting to get worn, I've been using midsize grips and went back to smaller grips so the chamber does not hold the clubs securely. I'm liking the new designs though, refreshing. I'll be using this for next season

20181101_173722.jpeg20181101_173548.jpeg20181101_173735.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

This is huge step backwards. Who wants a stand bag with a single strap? 

Call me crazy but the last 3 bags I’ve had all had a single strap, my preference, Jones /titleist/ now Stitch SL1. I caddied as a kid and most were all single straps heavy leather bags and we carried 2, I guess old habits never break

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 1 month later...

Well, I gotta say I’m bummed. I went to a couple golf stores in Houston today to waste some time and try-on shoes, so I decided to take a look at these new bags from Ogio. I thought for sure I’d be replacing my Sun Mountain XCR with the Ogio Convoy RTC (Range to Carr), but it has the same external kick stand my XCR has, defeating the purpose of buying one.
Right now, it looks like Titleist is the only company that makes a large bag that also has a stand, and in which the kickstand is integrated into the bottom of the bag.... Frustrating. The Hoofer has an integrated kick stand, but it’s not a “cart size” bag.
Ugh.

• 1 month later...

Well, I’m thinking I’m going to go with the Ogio cart bag, unless someone launches a magical hybrid bag at the show, just because I don’t trust myself to have Ping products in-play, so having their bag with no Ping in it wouldn’t feel right...
Gotta choose between the Blue or Gray....
https://www.ogio.com/golf/alpha-convoy-514-cart-bag/spr4793288.html

13 hours ago, PMookie said:

Well, I’m thinking I’m going to go with the Ogio cart bag, unless someone launches a magical hybrid bag at the show, just because I don’t trust myself to have Ping products in-play, so having their bag with no Ping in it wouldn’t feel right...
Gotta choose between the Blue or Gray....
https://www.ogio.com/golf/alpha-convoy-514-cart-bag/spr4793288.html

Time for a ping towel to go with the hoofer 💁‍♂️

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Archived