Twofer

Are older golfers hor@@ old men

I would say a very large percentage of men have thought, or said something like this whether in a private or public setting at some point in their life. The President is human, and is not perfect, this behavior has nothing to do with him or any other politician, this has to do with Men being crude and rude when they are in a public setting with a group of Old guys, and they are saying these things they the OP took offense, he asked what would we have done in the same situation. Again, this is not an issue brought on by the President as you suggest, this has been going on since the beginning of time. It happened before he became president just as much as it will after he is no longer in office. I think bringing the president into this conversation was poor judgement. Sorry guys, but I felt like I needed to say something. I think Big Money is a valuable member here, but his comment about the President was not needed. 

I'd agree on let's keep politics out of this - one of the key reasons I stay on this site is that it's not political.

My only correction to your point is that the conversations are not limited to "Old" guys. I've been embarrassed by some of the conversations heard coming from younger golfers (and I'm ex Navy). Those conversations go across a wide age group.

As I've also mentioned before and maybe our club is unique - but the topics are rare if heard at all at our club. And if they were the first thing I'd do is mention to the GM so he could address it - that's his job.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

The “old guys” at my club play early in the morning, so I’m never around to hear what they say. On the other hand I play with middle aged guys (40-60)and their language about anything is in no way offensive. But my club is in a small town where everyone knows everyone, so if you did talk like that, most likely you would be talking about someone in your group daughter, niece, cousin, granddaughter, or family friend. You would certainly not be tolerated, might even get some knuckles upside your head

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

5 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I'd agree on let's keep politics out of this - one of the key reasons I stay on this site is that it's not political.

My only correction to your point is that the conversations are not limited to "Old" guys. I've been embarrassed by some of the conversations heard coming from younger golfers (and I'm ex Navy). Those conversations go across a wide age group.

As I've also mentioned before and maybe our club is unique - but the topics are rare if heard at all at our club. And if they were the first thing I'd do is mention to the GM so he could address it - that's his job.

For sure it’s not limited to just old guys. It’s just the mentality of men I think, not all men of course, but many. 

19 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I would say a very large percentage of men have thought, or said something like this whether in a private or public setting at some point in their life. The President is human, and is not perfect, this behavior has nothing to do with him or any other politician, this has to do with Men being crude and rude when they are in a public setting with a group of Old guys, and they are saying these things they the OP took offense, he asked what would we have done in the same situation. Again, this is not an issue brought on by the President as you suggest, this has been going on since the beginning of time. It happened before he became president just as much as it will after he is no longer in office. I think bringing the president into this conversation was poor judgement. Sorry guys, but I felt like I needed to say something. I think Big Money is a valuable member here, but his comment about the President was not needed. 

Feel free and please delete my post

Well, I guess I fall into the category of an “old white guy”, and I used to be a young white guy. And it seems that when an attractive young woman in a short golfing outfit is within my viewing range, I still cannot help having a gaze. I think the good Lord made us that way. And I know women do the same, as someone else stated.

since the beginning of time right?

So the reason that “old white guys” leer at young ladies is pretty obvious and I would bet that 99 percent of all men in general, of all races, and of all ages, all probably look at attractive young women, and I would also bet that 99 percent probably have some “thoughts” about them too.

the difference, a few guys having their filters lowered by some alcohol and the “good old boys” club environment. Shocked by this happening? Really? 

The real situation is the “loud comments” by a few of them. And yes, I’ve heard the same thing at a restaurant by some young men who weren’t “white”. And yes they’re rude and someone did ask them to STFU, which they did. Which is what needs to be said at any event to anyone who is letting their alcohol speak for them.

Point is that I’m about sick of all the crap about “old white guys”. It’s just as racist and decisive as generalizing about any other group of human beings

• Like 5

It's impossible to un-ring a bell or put toothpaste back in the tube.
This has now been spoken about, so I feel free to speak as well. 
I would offer the alternative opinion that anything derogatory said about the current president is totally appropriate in any setting.
It's far more important to me than golf ever was.

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand people on here don’t give 2 shits what you all think about this president or any other political figure. This is a golf forum, keep your political views to yourself.

Blake
  • Like 2

Probably best to delete/lock this thread

• Like 1

It's impossible to un-ring a bell or put toothpaste back in the tube.

This has now been spoken about, so I feel free to speak as well. 

I would offer the alternative opinion that anything derogatory said about the current president is totally appropriate in any setting.

It's far more important to me than golf ever was.

Can we please leave the politics to another forum. Additionally this clearly isn't in keeping with the 'moral codes' that Adam established for this site, specifically:

2. No political, religious or race comments

I come to this site to share info about golf and to learn from you golf experts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertson153 said:

I don’t know why it’s so hard to understand people on here don’t give 2 shits what you all think about this president or any other political figure. This is a golf forum, keep your political views to yourself.

Blake

I'm the third,    not the first,     person on this thread to post on the subject,     but it's my post that you quote.

You can't possibly expect me to care that I'm the one you like least, Blake.

Probably best to delete/lock this thread

Agree!

Mods can you follow-up on robertson's request to lock or delete this thread

I'm the third,    not the first,     person on this thread to post on the subject,     but it's my post that you quote.
You can't possibly expect me to care that I'm the one you like least, Blake.

How could I not like you? I don’t know you. I quoted you because you were the last one to post. So if someone doesn’t agree with what you say they automatically don’t like you?

Blake
  • Like 1

This thread was sketchy from the beginning. Now its completely off the rails.

Keep politics out of here guys.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GolfSpy Rob said:

This thread was sketchy from the beginning. Now its completely off the rails.

Keep politics out of here guys.

What he said. There are plenty of political forums out there for folks to post in. I appreciate the passion and importance people have on all things political, but this is a forum for your golf passion. 

As always, be kind and respectful to each other. 

Thanks Rob for locking the thread. 

• Like 4