Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
fixyurdivot

Manufacturer Claims

I guess my rule if thumb is never fully trust someone who is making their living selling you something. I will listen to a pitch but decipher on my own if it is right for me.  

I do believe MGS has the consumer in their best interest. 

• Like 1

The GX7 (as seen on TV) wonder club review is actually pretty interesting.  Most of these "last club you'll ever need"  commercials just make me laugh and I expect to see them showing up at garage sales and second hand shops.  But the GX7 didn't fall woefully short on all claims.  Now what about this "Tee-less Driver"? 🤔

20 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

The GX7 (as seen on TV) wonder club review is actually pretty interesting.  Most of these "last club you'll ever need"  commercials just make me laugh and I expect to see them showing up at garage sales and second hand shops.  But the GX7 didn't fall woefully short on all claims.  Now what about this "Tee-less Driver"? 🤔

The Tee Less driver does live up to its claims.   I have hit one and actually own one.   It increases spin over the traditional 3 wood so you get more height and potentially more distance.   I have seen testing and saw players gain 15+ yards.   If your 3w swing starts to get over 100 mph there may start to be distance tradeoffs but you will get straighter ball flights.  

• Like 3

My thought on the Tee Less driver is that it’s another stretch 3 wood.

I’m sure it works for the right player - like most clubs

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 9:19 AM, fixyurdivot said:

So short of reading through the myriad of test reports MGS has published about the various equipment manufacturers products, has the staff at MGS developed a ranking as to which is most factual about their claims?  Among OEM's is there one that stands out as most factual and one that stands out as offering mostly fiction?  Naturally, the big names produce the most advertising, and with advertising, comes some pretty outlandish claims.  If stretching the truth moves the sales needle, the ends justifies the means as they say - Caveat Emptor.

I would love to know if the (T)Less driver claims come close to being true.

If so, my perfect driver came out too late for me.

The claim is a large, titanium driver specifically designed and weighted for the player to hit down at the ball as with an iron shot.

I have the potential to be even more miserable than I am now if this driver actually works.

It has the footprint of a 460cc titanium driver but displaces less volume due to a shallow face designed for teeing the ball low or not at all. 

The center of gravity is moved way back from the face and much lower as on a fairway wood, 

all in direct opposition to modern, low spin trends.

It's also got a shorter, 43½" shaft for accuracy.

If it's even close to being legit, it would probably have turned two or three of my many driving iron tee shots into driver tee shots.

It just doesn't seem like the type of club anybody on this forum would try, however, so I'll never know.

[edit: I missed CNOSIL's comment.]

Edited by NiftyNiblick
  • Like 1

The claim is a large, titanium driver specifically designed and weighted for the player to hit down at the ball as with an iron shot.
I have the potential to be even more miserable than I am now if this driver actually works.
It has the footprint of a 460cc titanium driver but displaces less volume due to a shallow face designed for teeing the ball low or not at all. 
The center of gravity is moved way back from the face and much lower as on a fairway wood, 

If it's even close to being legit, it would probably have turned two or three of my many driving iron tee shots into driver tee shots.

It just doesn't seem like the type of club anybody on this forum would try, however, so I'll never know.

Seriously. If the game means this much to you go see all doctor and physical therapist and exhaust every option until you can play again
  • Like 5

See 2 posts above yours. I consider cnosil a very well respected member here and he apparently owns one.

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Edit: just saw nifty's edit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NiftyNiblick said:

I genuinely appreciate the thought behind your encouragement, jlukes.

I'm glad you took it how I intended.  It is obvious playing this game means a lot to you, so fight for it!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

I'm glad you took it how I intended.  It is obvious playing this game means a lot to you, so fight for it!

... Amen jlukes!!! Dr told me my golfing days were over after my first back surgery in '95. LOL, as if that was a possibility. 2 years ago and a torn labrum that turned into a frozen shoulder, another Doc said I should have surgery and I might want think about giving up golf. A year later after religiously rehabbing twice a week I was good as new ... good enough to play. 

• Like 9

I play in pain every time I play..... work is the same. It is what it is. I can stay home and sit in front of the TV... in pain, or I can play golf in pain. I'll take golf...lol.

• Like 7

I'd love to see a robot or player comparison test of the GX7, the (T)Less, and a few of the more popular mini-drivers and 2-woods

(although, for whatever reason, nobody actually calls them 2-woods anymore).

However, since I might be the only one with the least bit interest in such a test,

I would hardly expect to ever see it.

16 minutes ago, NiftyNiblick said:

I'd love to see a robot or player comparison test of the GX7, the (T)Less, and a few of the more popular mini-drivers and 2-woods

(although, for whatever reason, nobody actually calls them 2-woods anymore).

However, since I might be the only one with the least bit interest in such a test,

I would hardly expect to ever see it.

https://mygolfspy.com/golfbusters-gx7-x-metal/

I know that MGS has done some 3 wood/(T) less testing.  

All that is missing is the "2 wood" comparisons, but I bet most modern 3 woods would meet that critieria for you.  

I play in pain every time I play..... work is the same. It is what it is. I can stay home and sit in front of the TV... in pain, or I can play golf in pain. I'll take golf...lol.

Speaking strictly for myself as everyones situation is unique. Pretty much the same thing for me. Playing with some pain is better for me than not playing. Or going to the extreme measures needed to ease the pain.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

https://mygolfspy.com/golfbusters-gx7-x-metal/

I know that MGS has done some 3 wood/(T) less testing.  

All that is missing is the "2 wood" comparisons, but I bet most modern 3 woods would meet that critieria for you.  

The modern strong 3s  are in fact 2-woods is what I meant.

For reasons that remain opaque to me, they all like to have "regular" three  woods,

and then call their 2-woods "strong 3s."

Anybody have an idea why?

Thanks for the link, cnosil.

Except for missing a second "o," your username looks like a scramble of Consoli, a nice Sicilian surname!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NiftyNiblick said:

Except for missing a second "o," your username looks like a scramble of Consoli, a nice Sicilian surname!

The C is my first initial,  the latter is my  lastname,  Czech in origin. 

• Like 2