TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW: ODYSSEY EXO PUTTERS

STUDque

Exo Putters  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Which Model of the EXO Putters would YOU play?

• Seven
    • Rossie
    • Indianapolis

On 11/6/2018 at 8:29 AM, cnosil said:

Good start. For those testers looking to get to a specific number of putts per round please consider GIR vs non GIR. I’d really like to see something like a strokes gained number vs your current putter.

Alright - For cnosil and the others interested in stats... Here we go.

After some 'getting acquainted time' and initial testing on the practice green, I've played 3 rounds now with the EXO Rossie. I went in and looked at the stats from my last 9 rounds recorded on the 18Birdies app and here are the numbers

EXO Rossie (3 rounds) - Total putts average 30.6 and putts per GIR average 1.33 (admittedly a smaller sample of GIRs than I'd like)

O-Works Fang 2-Ball (9 rounds) - Total putts average 32.2 and putts per GIR average 2.04

The latest round had some of the best putting I've done overall 29 total and 8 one putts (I mentally checked out of one hole early and 3 jacked that one). Just in general though, by the numbers it looks like the Rossie is gaining me about 1.6 strokes per round. The number that really jumps is the putts per GIR where the Rossie comes in at 2/3 of a stroke better. 

For me, I think the biggest positive difference between the two putters is visual. The alignment aid on the Rossie is more distinct and intuitive. The only negative difference for me is the feel of the Rossie on longer putts (30 feet-ish). The Fang feels just a touch heavier and firmer than the Rossie so it is taking me a little longer to adjust to the new putter on those. 

And it's almost as if I heard 75,000 voices all cry out at once "HIT MORE GREENS!!" 

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Anyone use theirs to shred a block of cheddar for taco night yet?

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

12 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Anyone use theirs to shred a block of cheddar for taco night yet?

I find this version of Odyssey putters even better as a cheese grater:

odyssey-works-versa-7-hero-2015_300x300.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, chemclub said:

ball contact feels good with good energy transfer

I can second that thought. This is especially noticeable on the longer putts. Although this is still very early on, my lag putt distance control seems to be improving. Last round played (9) I had 4 lag putts averaging 29' with an average of 2' left.

1 hour ago, GregB135 said:

The only negative difference for me is the feel of the Rossie on longer putts (30 feet-ish).

This comment is interesting as this is where I am noticing the most improvement.

Driver: :ping-small: G with Alta 55 stiff shaft, the 9° version but adjusted to 10° degrees

3 Wood: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

3 Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR Project X 6.0 stiff shaft 

Irons: :cobra-small: Fly-Z 4-9 with stock stiff steel shafts

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54°, and 58° Dynamic Gold steel shafts

Putter: Testing :odyssey-small: EXO 7S 34" Standard Lie, Black Shaft, Odyssey SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 grip

4 hours ago, Just another lefty said:

I can second that thought. This is especially noticeable on the longer putts. Although this is still very early on, my lag putt distance control seems to be improving. Last round played (9) I had 4 lag putts averaging 29' with an average of 2' left.

This comment is interesting as this is where I am noticing the most improvement.

The EXO Rossie definitely feels lighter and less distinct at impact than the O-Works Fang. It seems so far like it is more noticeable on longer putts. Since the face/insert combinations are similar, my guess is it is more of a weight thing that will improve with more time/practice/testing. By the numbers the EXO is clearly performing better, and my lag distances haven't been grossly different. Even though I've left a few slightly shorter than expected, my make rate on the remainders is better.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

On longer putts, how is everyone's distance control?  That was the one issue I found with the Microhinge is that it felt so soft that I felt like I needed to hammer it to get it to the hole.

Also, do you feel the ball is starting to roll quicker than your current gamer, or other putters that you've tested?  

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

On longer putts, how is everyone's distance control?  That was the one issue I found with the Microhinge is that it felt so soft that I felt like I needed to hammer it to get it to the hole.

So far, my distance control seems to be better. I'm leaving myself shorter putts from 20' and out. As for hammering the ball, it really seems to be the opposite for me. I've hit several long putts and immediately thought "That's gonna be short" because it does feel somewhat soft, only to see the ball roll out really nice leaving a short putt.

1 hour ago, goaliewales14 said:

Also, do you feel the ball is starting to roll quicker than your current gamer, or other putters that you've tested? 

It does seem to come off the face a little quicker, not a huge difference but enough to be noticeable. I've been a little bit surprised by how nice the ball comes off the face. It just feels a little bit better than what I've been using recently. 

Driver: :ping-small: G with Alta 55 stiff shaft, the 9° version but adjusted to 10° degrees

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM5 46°, 50°, 54°, and 58° Dynamic Gold steel shafts

Putter: Testing :odyssey-small: EXO 7S 34" Standard Lie, Black Shaft, Odyssey SuperStroke Mid-Slim 2.0 grip

On 11/7/2018 at 6:06 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Great stuff so far guys.  Can't wait for the stage 2's to see how they stack up against your current gamers.

I know this completely off-topic of the thread but I can't help but point out to my fellow Iowan and obvious Hawkeye fan that Iowa State football is ranked 16th and Iowa is ranked...

I have to point this out because it is probably the first time ever that ISU ranks above UI in football. Glad there isn't a dislike button on here!

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

On 11/7/2018 at 6:06 PM, blackngold_blood said:

Great stuff so far guys.  Can't wait for the stage 2's to see how they stack up against your current gamers.

I know this completely off-topic of the thread but I can't help but point out to my fellow Iowan and obvious Hawkeye fan that Iowa State football is ranked 16th and Iowa is ranked...

I have to point this out because it is probably the first time ever that ISU ranks above UI in football. Glad there isn't a dislike button on here!

LOL No dislike needed. Our season seems to be a year of what-ifs. However ISU has found themselves a very good QB and would probably have beaten the Hawks had he been playing in that game.

Back on subject how’s the toe hang on the Indy? I play the mod 60 but have always liked the shaft of the Indy and need about 4 o’clock on the toe hang.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Guys, great looking reviews. Nice to see a few different heads included as well. I am interested to see how these things roll as I definitely need an upgrade to the flat stick. Can't wait for the part 2's!

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

3 hours ago, blackngold_blood said:

LOL No dislike needed. Our season seems to be a year of what-ifs. However ISU has found themselves a very good QB and would probably have beaten the Hawks had he been playing in that game.

Back on subject how’s the toe hang on the Indy? I play the mod 60 but have always liked the shaft of the Indy and need about 4 o’clock on the toe hang.

I will take a pic of the toe hang for my stage 2, but I would say the Indy is right on 4 o'clock.

Your Nike Mod 60 has a 4 o'clock toe hang? I thought that thing would be closer to 6 o'clock

I will take a pic of the toe hang for my stage 2, but I would say the Indy is right on 4 o'clock.

Your Nike Mod 60 has a 4 o'clock toe hang? I thought that thing would be closer to 6 o'clock

Yeah I was surprised as I really didn’t do a lot of research on it. Just demoed it and it felt right in my hand just looks weird to my eye for some reason. After looking at the reviews it is designed to have 60* of toe hang

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

On 11/14/2018 at 2:49 PM, goaliewales14 said:

I haven't had any issues with distance control. There was obviously an adjustment period getting used to the new flagstick, but I found my feel was there. For example, I went out to practice the other day and attempted six 30-footers in a row, they are all within 3 ft of each other. (That doesn't mean I know what 30 feet looks like when I'm actually playing unfortunately)

On 11/14/2018 at 2:49 PM, goaliewales14 said:

I have been very impressed with how quickly the ball comes off the face and is rolling nicely. I will get into this more in my stage 2

9 hours ago, chemclub said:

I have been very impressed with how quickly the ball comes off the face and is rolling nicely. I will get into this more in my stage 2

Looking forward to this - please let us know how the ball reacts off the face vs your other putters. I know I've had putters in the past where the ball would jump off the face and it would mess up my stroke, thinking I was hitting it way too hard when in reality that was just the ball reacting to the face. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Great intros, all. I am not a fan of the Hanging Chad concept for putting, but I an interested in how they go about their testing.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Odyssey EXO ROssie Head to Head (to Head) Roll Test

Odyssey claims that the EXO putter's White Hot and MicroHinge combination insert produces more immediate forward roll than putters without that technology. Why should that matter?, you ask. Well, the putter is still a lofted club. Most are about 2 degrees. Like any other lofted club, the immediate reaction of the strike is backspin. With that backspin, there is always some amount of skidding and or a hop before the ball begins to roll. Odyssey's claim then, is the combination insert reduces the backspin of the strike allowing the ball to begin rolling sooner. The result should be a longer roll for the same effort vs. a putter without the same insert. (I'm not a scientist/engineer but that's my take on the insert concept and claim).

The test - Using three different putters. Hit six putts with equal effort and measure the average distance of each group. Compare the distance of the EXO Rossie to the others.

The Setup - Similar to the MOI test, I placed a tee on the putting green to mark the spot of the putt. Then placed a second tee at one 'putter grip length' to establish the length of stroke for each putt. Rotating through the three putters, I did three trials hitting 6 putts with each and measuring the center point of each group to the tee marker. This test used 6, new, never played Vice Tour balls (NXT Tour type)

IMG_1767 (1).jpg

The Putters -

IMG_1766.jpg

Nike OZ                            Odyssey Works Fang 2-Ball             Odyssey EXO Rossie

The Results   

Trial 1 - EXO Rossie: 10'8" ; O-Works Fang: 10'0" ; Nike Oz: 8'11"

Trial 2 - O-Works Fang: 9'10" ; Nike Oz: 9'1" ; EXO Rossie: 10'3"

Trial 3 - Nike Oz: 9'0" ; EXO Rossie: 10'11" ; O-Works Fang: 11'7" 

Analysis - In all three trials the EXO Rossie had noticeably longer roll than the Nike Oz which has a face insert but no micro-hinge. The EXO's roll was slightly longer in two of three trials than Odyssey's O-Works Fang which has a similar insert system to the EXO. The change in the third trial could have been end of test adrenaline causing a slightly different tempo or changing green conditions as it dried out a bit through the early morning test. 

Determination - Odyssey's claim for the EXO line of putters that the combination White Hot and Micro-hinge insert promotes better roll looks PLAUSIBLE. 

The next version of this test will be with multiple human testers as well as multiple putters.

Seeing is truly believing. That Indianapolis is a really good looking club.

Nice start fellas.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

6 hours ago, bens197 said:

Seeing is truly believing. That Indianapolis is a really good looking club.

Nice start fellas.

I completely agree. I would put the Indy down in the same style/tech/category as the TM Spider but I think it looks way better!

So I repeated one trial of the roll test (see earlier post) using 3 testers and 4 putter models. Tester 1 is a 14 hcp, Tester 2 is a beginner golfer with no established hcp, Tester 3 is a junior non-golfer who has taken a few lessons. (testers 2 and 3 aka SWMBO and Kiddo 2). My instructions to the additional testers were to focus on keeping their tempo/effort consistent while using the tee markers to manage length of stroke.

The putter models tested: EXO Rossie, Odyssey Works Fang 2-Ball, Nike Oz, and Square2 Finesse. The two Odyssey putters have similar 2-layer face inserts. The Nike and Square2 putters have a single layer face insert (both metal).

EXO Rossie Fang 2-Ball Oz Finesse
Tester 1 10'6" (2) 11"0" (1) 8'10" (4) 10'3" (3)
Tester 2 16'5" (1) 13'7" (3) 15'1" (2) 12'0" (4)
Tester 3 18'3" (1) 14'4" (4) 14'7" (3)

15'1" (2)

The results again seem consistent with Odyssey's claim that the EXO's combination White Hot and Microhinge insert produces better, more consistent roll. Only Tester 1 showed a result where the EXO did not produce the longest average roll out. In that tester's case, the putter with a similar insert edged it out by a mere 6". Keep in mind, the distance measured was the 'eyeball aggregate' of 6 putts with each putter, and Testers 2, and 3 had more aggressive tempo than Tester 1.

Nice job GREGB135!

I'm hoping to get my stage 2 posted this week.

Folks, my stage 2 is posted. Fire away if you have any questions!

5 minutes ago, chemclub said:

Folks, my stage 2 is posted. Fire away if you have any questions!

Great review!

Does the putter maintain the same stability on longer putts?

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

21 hours ago, GB13 said:

Great review!

Does the putter maintain the same stability on longer putts?

Yes, definitely. If you look at my putts in the snow graphic, those were alternating heel and toe puts to a target about 30-35 feet away. If you are talking about 60 feet, I don't have a ton of testing in that area, but I can say that the line holds really well. The distance consistency likely does suffer at that distance, but it can also be tough to simply judge distance/weight at that length too.

I never considered a high MOI model before, but my experience with the Indy has me thinking it might be a good fit for me equipment-wise

10 hours ago, chemclub said:

Yes, definitely. If you look at my putts in the snow graphic, those were alternating heel and toe puts to a target about 30-35 feet away. If you are talking about 60 feet, I don't have a ton of testing in that area, but I can say that the line holds really well. The distance consistency likely does suffer at that distance, but it can also be tough to simply judge distance/weight at that length too.

I never considered a high MOI model before, but my experience with the Indy has me thinking it might be a good fit for me equipment-wise

I loved the snow "cheap tracer" pics!

It's good to know how well it holds the line when the person holding the putter isn't the best at center face contact (IE, me). As a higher hdcp I can't pin hunt, so I tend to have longer putts when aiming for the middle of the green and the flag is off to the side. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yes, it was nice having that confidence over the ball and removed at least one of my mental demons.

What about the other model testers? Are you guys noticing good off center consistency? The Rossie and the 7 look to be more perimeter weighted than the Indy which I think of as just pushed-back weight.

On 11/28/2018 at 6:01 AM, russtopherb said:

I loved the snow "cheap tracer" pics!

That was kind of a fun test. I could have done it in the morning dew earlier in the month but I wanted to look all tough for you guys.

When I look at the lines on those snow pics it actually makes me think that the dispersion of balls was actually even tighter than in the picture. As the ball slows down the snow tends to deflect the ball off-line and spray it out. 

If the snow weren't there, based on those putting lines, I would expect all 6 balls to be pretty nearly lined up along the line.

39 minutes ago, chemclub said:

That was kind of a fun test. I could have done it in the morning due earlier in the month but I wanted to look all tough for you guys.

When I look at the lines on those snow pics it actually makes me think that the disparity of balls is even tighter than in the picture. As the ball slows down it tends to deflect the ball off-line and spray it out. 

If the snow weren't there, based on those putting lines, I would expect all 6 balls to be pretty nearly lined up along the line.

I agree. It certainly looks like the putter puts good foward roll on the ball and variations in the green cause differences now the finishing point. 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

23 hours ago, chemclub said:

What about the other model testers? Are you guys noticing good off center consistency? The Rossie and the 7 look to be more perimeter weighted than the Indy which I think of as just pushed-back weight.

I've been trying some putts off the toe and heel with the 7 and the consistency seems better off of the toe.

I have more testing to do including longer putts off the toe and heel and will include those in my Stage 2 results in December.

Completed another two trials of the MOI test with mixed results. The setup was the same as the previous trial: i set up a station with a pair of tees as a 'gate' for the putter head and a third tee to mark the length of swing. Focusing as much as possible on maintaining the same swing tempo and length of swing I putted six balls each with center, toe, and heel strikes marking each group with a tee. 

Trial 1 - My tempo control was a little better in this trial. Blue Tee is center strikes, White is toe strikes and pink is heel strikes. This photo is the heel strike group . Line of putt was toward the top of the photo. All three groups were very close, and all three groups maintained line well enough for multiple balls to roll into previously rolled putts (I tried to account for that various when marking the group center with the tees) I probably would have made equal numbers of putts from all three groups in this trial. Total roll out was about 12 feet, my guess is 4 of each group would have gone into a cup at 10 feet.

IMG_1777.jpg.343eef352721c4b07adbe637e3447622.jpg

Trial 2 - I was a little more inconsistent with tempo and stroke control in this trial. The center strike and toe strike groups much tighter than the heel strike group in the photo. Again, the line of putt is toward the top of the photo. The make rate in this trial would have been more like 4 on center, 4 on toe, and 2 or three on the heel using the same estimate of a cup approximately 2 feet short of the center group's roll distance.

IMG_1780.jpg.aa7cd4ba46ab5e6eb66f3fee581a368f.jpg 

Analysis: In the previously posted trial of this test, as well as these two trials the center strike groupings were the most consistent with respect to line and roll. Using the alignment markings on the putter head as a guide, my toe/heel strike putts were aligned with the outer alignment lines. Feel and performance did not change much when I could see/feel contact was made there. I saw greater variances when contact was outside the alignment markings, meaning an extreme toe/heel strike.  That says, if you line up your putt on the center mark, you can miss your strike point by about 1/2 a ball width (th'at's a pretty big miss for most of us) and not see a significant degrade in line or roll. I'm gonna call that pretty good and assess Odyssey's claim of MOI performance on the EXO Rossie as : PLAUSIBLE

I still need to get a couple of rounds in with this putter to have enough data to compare to the previous gamer. Early results and indications though are looking good for the EXO to make it into the bag.

IMG_1757.jpg