TESTERS WANTED! ×

Furyk to sign endorsement deal with TaylorMade

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

jim-furyk-chevron-2010_t640.jpg?a6ea3ebd4438a44b86d2e9c39ecf7613005fe067

Newly-minted PGA Tour Player of the Year Jim Furyk picked a good time to have a good year. In sports business parlance, it was his “contract year,” and now Furyk is set to reap the rewards.

His agent, Andrew Whitlieb, confirmed to Golfweek that Furyk will sign a deal to endorse equipment with TaylorMade next season and be featured in the company's 2011 print and TV advertising campaigns. Furyk's contract with Srixon expires Dec. 31.

READ FULL ARTICLE: http://www.golfweek....eal-taylormade/

#TruthDigest

I'm sort of disappointed to hear this. I liked the fact that he was with a company that's not necessarily the "norm" on tour. Not that Srixon is any slouch, that's not what I'm implying, but it just seems like EVERYONE is on the TM payroll these days. It's just boring to me. Good for Jim though, he seems like one of the good guys.

I agree with canyon23 on this one...very disappointing to hear this...I like Furyk but hate the stupid huge amount of players that TM pays to play their clubs. Would have loved to see him go to someone else.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

First two posters pretty much summed it up. Like to see the less prominent companies with a few really strong names on their roster. But, I can imagine the money that TM can throw at a guy can be a strong bargaining tool.

Wish him all the best.

LaMont in AZ

Seems kinds of amusing as well. Furyk was already using a TM driver last year for free. so, they are paying hom oodles of dollars to keep playing the driver he already liked, wear a TM hat and use a Penta which he wanted to anyway.

I feel the term easy money applies here pretty well...

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Taylormade is like the Yankees of golf lol. They sign everyone!! I'm sure he'd rather play for the Yankees than Royals anyway! Follow the dollar signs. Taylormades got the money to throw which I'm sure Srixon has to but not in the way TM could. Oh well, I'm happy for the guy! It'll be weird seeing him in a TM hat tho.

Golfweek reported in the current issue that JF will only be playing TM driver and balls along with hat and bag. The report said he would stick with his current irons/wedge/putter setup.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3 11.5* 42.50"
3 Wood: Titleist 915 F 15*  40.25"
5 Wood: Titleist 915 F 18* 39.50"
7 Wood: Titleist 915 F 21* 39.25"
Hybrids: Titleist 913 H 24* 38.50" & 27* 37.50" 
Irons: Titleist DCI 990 6 thru 9 -0.5"
Wedges: Titleist DCI 990 49* and Vokey SM 52.08 & 56.14 -0.5"
Ball: Titleist 2015 Pro V1x
Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron 2014 Select Newport w/SS 3.0 34.00"

"Golf doesn't build character; it reveals it."

This is getting ridiculous how many players TM have, good to know Furyk and every other 2nd pro signing on to play TM for big bucks will help maintain $400 drivers for the consumer, he just won 10mil.

Jim has used a TaylorMade driver on/off for a long time while he was with Srixon, there's a good number of non TaylorMade staff guys playing TM drivers & many guys not on Callaway's staff use their woods. There are also big name players with big company deals that have or has had TM woods in the bag(Phil Mickelson to name one)so don't bash TM for jumping to sign guys. If I wasn't with TM & with another company I believe I'd still play a TM driver & woods, unless the price was right of course! But a lot of guys are playing what they are used to & what performs the best in their hands. He said he will start the season with a TaylorMade driver & 3-wood & Srixon irons & wedges to start the year as things are starting to change. I'm not sure how many clubs he is sopposed to use but will defiantly start the season with a TM driver, 3-wood, hat, & bag, but will still have Srixon sticks in the bag, he was already with Adidas I believe. As far as TM signing him & Camilo, how about Callaway & Titleist's signings. Cleveland/Srixon is reportedly ponying up some bucks to sign Gramme McDowell, Tim Clark is on the move to Titleist, DL 3 is leaving Titleist for Bridgestone, Ryan Moore is going to Adams, & CH 3 is leaving Bridgestone for Mizuno, I think those are the only big name changes I know of. Ping is keeping Bubba & Rickey Barnes is sticking with Wilson.

HOM BOMB

Touring Golf Professional

WITB-TaylorMade Tour Staff

DRIVER: TaylorMade R11 TP 9° w/Aldila RIP 70 TP x-flex - TaylorMade R11 TP 10.5° w/Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8 TP x-flex

3-WOOD: TaylorMade 200 Series Tour 15° w/Fujikura Motore F1 TP-95 x-flex

HYBRID: Adams IDEA PRO Tour Prototype 19° w/Fujikura Speeder 904HB x-flex

IRONS: TaylorMade Tour Preferred Forged CB 3iron, CM 4-6iron, MB 7-PW w/True Temper Tour Concept x1

WEDGES: TaylorMade TP black 54° & 58° w/True Temper DG s400

PUTTER: Taylormade Rossa Maranello by Kia Ma

Archived