Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

432 Golfers Tee Off in Myrtle Beach Golf Tournament Sponsored by Short Par 4

Golfspy_CG2

I know they have the large World Amateur tournament there in August, looks like something similar but in a 2 man team format.

From a press release

Sold-Out Field of 432 Golfers Poised to Tee Off in Short Par 4 Fall Classic

Sixteen of Myrtle Beach’s Best Courses to Host Fifth Annual Tournament

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The fifth annual Short Par 4 Fall Classic is poised to tee off with a record number of participants and a star-studded golf course lineup in Myrtle Beach, S.C.

The Fall Classic has more than doubled in size since its inception and will have 432 players from 38 states playing in the 72-hole, two-person team November 11-15. With demand surging, event organizers increased the field size by 70 players and the tournament still sold out months in advance.

“The Short Par 4 Fall Classic has quickly emerged as one of golf’s most popular events,” said Scott Tomasello, the tournament director for Golf Tourism Solutions, the company the runs the event. “We are fortunate to have a great golf course lineup and players love the two-person team format, which strikes a perfect balance by creating a competitive tournament and a relaxing atmosphere.”

Highlighting the golf course lineup, which includes five layouts that have been ranked among America’s top 100 public courses, are the Dye and Fazio courses at Barefoot Resort, Farmstead Golf Links, Glen Dornoch, Heritage Club, Leopard’s Chase, Long Bay, Pawleys Plantation, Pine Lakes, Prestwick Country Club, Rivers Edge, Thistle, TPC Myrtle Beach, Tradition, True Blue and World Tour.

Teams are flighted based on their USGA handicaps and there will be a different format of play each day. The tournament formats will be best ball, Texas scramble, modified alternate shot and a scramble, but the golf course lineup and entry fee of $375 were the driving forces behind the event’s rapid growth.

Tournament festivities will begin with a welcome reception at House of Blues on November 11, an event that will feature free hor d'oeuvres and two free drinks for each person. After four rounds of golf, the Fall Classic will conclude with an awards dinner at the House of Blues that will feature a buffet dinner, two free drinks per person and live entertainment.

Short Par 4, a golf inspired box subscription service that ships hand curated, top quality, branded golf apparel, footwear and accessories directly to golfers, is in the first of a three-year agreement to be the event’s title sponsor. As part of its sponsorship, Short Par 4 will provide Fall Classic players with a gift box that includes custom branded apparel.

For more information, go to MyrtleBeachFallClassic.com.

Tracking.aspx?Data=HHL%3d9266%3f%26JDG%3

Attachments area

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I think that sounds like a blast.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

This looks like it will be a blast

Sent from my iPod touch using MyGolfSpy

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Archived