Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titleist TS2 & TS3 Fairway Wood Thread

null

Just out of curiosity, I demoed the TS2 fairway wood at a local golf store.  I was very very impressed with the ballspeed and launch I was seeing.  I demoed it on 2 other separate equations and came away equally impressed both times.  I preferred the slightly shallower head and higher launch of the TS2 because I primarily use my fairway wood off the fairway and not as much off the tee.  

I found a great deal on ebay on the exact TS2 fairway wood I demoed.  I pulled the trigger and it should be here in a few days.  Looking forward to sharing my impressions with the community.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one of these might end up in my bag this spring. I love hitting my cobra but a little more real estate behind the ball might be good for me. Last year I got fitted into a m3 but I never got it

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

14 hours ago, jlukes said:

The TS2 is a launch monster so I won't be surprised to see people getting fit into a lower lofted fairway wood than they are used to.

The 917 F2 18 degree has been as consistent of club in my bag for two years as there has been.  Pretty much gets me  that 190 to 200 yard from the fairway shot--any more than that, and I'm probably laying up--that I was needed after my sudden loss of distance the last 3 years.   If these TS Fairways are as advertised, i'll be taking a look.  The most important thing to me in them, is consistent solid contact off the deck.  That's why I went with a 7 wood shaft in my 5 wood head based on my fitting when they came out.   It has been a good combo. 

Did they change the shaft adapters on the TS model?  If not, I may order the 5w in standard length to see what i get out of it. If need be, i can always go back to the 7 wood shaft that is in the 917.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

The 917 F2 18 degree has been as consistent of club in my bag for two years as there has been.  Pretty much gets me  that 190 to 200 yard from the fairway shot--any more than that, and I'm probably laying up--that I was needed after my sudden loss of distance the last 3 years.   If these TS Fairways are as advertised, i'll be taking a look.  The most important thing to me in them, is consistent solid contact off the deck.  That's why I went with a 7 wood shaft in my 5 wood head based on my fitting when they came out.   It has been a good combo. 
Did they change the shaft adapters on the TS model?  If not, I may order the 5w in standard length to see what i get out of it. If need be, i can always go back to the 7 wood shaft that is in the 917.
Nope, same adapter since the 910

Nope, same adapter since the 910

Oh boy. That info certainly doesn't discourage me from giving it a look

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

TS3 with ef white could find its way into the bag as a replacement for 917

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 weeks later...

I U-try'd a TS2 4fw @16.5 degrees from global golf. Took it out today in a short bag. I kept it at the stock A1 setting and don't thing ill need to change it. I Used it from the deck and off the tee and off the tee off the deck. It is Pretty great. It is way longer than my 910fw I currently bag and is certainly a fairway finder. There were a couple bigger than draw but smaller than hooks shots, but that is all me. Great forward launch and should find a place i need to fill in my bag. I need a higher launching club and while I am going to try the Callaway product and a Mizuno fairway I am pretty sold. Ill give it a couple weeks and see what happens. TS2 has a really muted sound and a nice compact shape. I was surprised how quiet it is and although i love the classic Titleist FW sound the muteness of it is refreshing.

• 2 weeks later...

One of these is high on the want list. Mid-end of Jan could be when order goes in

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

• 1 month later...

Got fit for fairway woods at Club Champion and the TS2 came out as the clear winner when I paired it with a Fuji Atmos Black TS 7X shaft.  And it wasn't even close.  I was getting better ball speed than everything else.  My next favorite fairway wood was the Cobra F9, but I was averaging over 10 yards more carry with the TS2.  After I hit my first two shots with the TS2/Atmos combo my fitter basically shook his head and basically said "there's no way we are beating that".  Based on the numbers below, I would agree.  

image.png.e035646ea28f03fecfc0258ed7fe7f4d.png

MVIMG_20190118_131423.jpg.7462095a86424c8e0bdd72c303eba79c.jpg

I picked up my ts2 16.5 with ef white 6.0 75g. Now I need Mother Nature to bring warmer weather

• 2 weeks later...

This might be the first Titleist club that intrigues me. I've tried ones over the past few years and just didn't get along with them, but the feedback in here has me intrigued!

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

• 1 month later...

Got my first 4 rounds in with my Titleist TS2 I'll call it a 4 wood.  Set it to 16.5 degrees.  3-4 wood off the deck has to be my most inconsistent shot in golf.  Was playing a TM Rocketballz HL 3 wood prior which I smashed off the tee but was really iffy off the turf.  Think I may have found the perfect club finally after years of searching.  This is easy to launch high off the ground in fact I am considering dropping the loft when winter is over and I can play with it a little bit.  Isn't quite a long as the TM but its close and being able to hit it out of the fairway makes it an easy choice.  Any one else having similar results with this club?  Will be interested in how it tests in the Most Wanted Fairway Metals 2019.

WITB

Ping G400 9 Degree with Mitsubishi Chemical Kuro Kage 60 gram Stiff Shaft- Set to 10 Degrees

Titleist TS2 4 Wood 16.5 Degrees Mitsubishi Chemical (S) Tensei AV Series Blue

Titleist 818 H1 20 Degree Hybrid Mitsubishi Chemical (S) Tensei Pro Blue

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-5 Irons KBS C-Taper Lite (S) Standard Loft and Lie

Mizuno JPX 919 6-PW KBS C-Taper Lite (S) Standard Loft and Lie

Titleist SM6 Vokey 50 (F Grind), 54 (S Grind), 58 (M Grind) DG Wedge Shaft

Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Blacked Out (35")

Average Score 74-75

Mason City, IA

• 1 month later...

Demoed a TS2 but didn’t get a chance to swing he TS3. Anyone who has swung both have any thoughts on the big differences between the two? I know it’s subjective and dependent on a wide number of variables but still would like to hear!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

I have the 917 and am in love with it.  I hit it about 240 from the deck and maybe 265 from the tee.  I got it early last year and although I have heard NOTHING BUT GREAT things about the new ts line I don't want to try it.  I can only imagine that it is better than the 917 line and if I demo one, I know I will then want to go out and buy one!  I may look into one in a few years.  I don't use my 3 wood a heck of a lot of times at my course, maybe 3 times a round depending on what I want to do off the tee box.  

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"

Went to the local golf shop yesterday and tested some of the new drivers and fairway woods. ended up leaving with a new ts2 driver, then tried the fairway woods as I have been looking for one for ever and the ts2 was good off the tee for me but off the deck I was struggling with getting it in the air and straight. 

not to hi jack the thread but the cobra f9 3 wood was amazing, it did not leave the store with me yesterday but I'm going back to test 3 woods next and it will be hard to beat. 

DRIVER -  Ping G425 SFT Driver Tensei AV 55 Orange Reg Flex 

Woods -  Ping G425 7 wood  Tensei AV 65 Orange Reg Flex 

Irons - Cobra Rad Speed 1 Length UST Recoil 780 Smacwrap Graphite Reg Flex 

WEDGES-  Callaway jaws 52/56/60

PUTTER-  Taylormade FCG spider putter 34" 

BALL-  Pro V1x or Tp5X  -- trying to figure this one out.

Footjoy Tour S golf shoe 

Archived