Luxury Suite

Massages

Play Golf, play more golf

Stay in the bar till late sampling spirits I dont usually have

Golf coaching

Demo clubs

result = totally relaxed and ready to put my nose back on the millstone

• Like 2

I'm not sure people are understating the voting system (or just choosing not to use it). It's different than the likes system. You have to click the arrows in the picture I've attached. I believe these are anonymous; feel free to down vote this post to test. They'll change color based on what you voted.

The votes are also self-contained to this question. They don't affect overall reputation on the forum...that's still in the reactions system.

IMG_9358.thumb.JPG.78541826ddfcc5effe7a02a2ce39a579.JPG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I'm not sure people are understating the voting system (or just choosing not to use it). It's different than the likes system. You have to click the arrows in the picture I've attached. I believe these are anonymous; feel free to down vote this post to test. They'll change color based on what you voted.

The votes are also self-contained to this question. They don't affect overall reputation on the forum...that's still in the reactions system.

IMG_9358.thumb.JPG.78541826ddfcc5effe7a02a2ce39a579.JPG

I think what you are seeing is a result of so many people using the app/taptalk vs the website.

• Like 2

I think what you are seeing is a result of so many people using the app/taptalk vs the website.

You may be right. That screenshot I shared was from the mobile version of the website so that's an option for you all to participate. I'm finding the mobile version through chrome is a very good experience; much improved over the previous offering and almost as good as desktop.
  • Like 1

My work actually has unlimited PTO!  Normally, I've done the 3 day stretch during the majors.  Depending on which major, I'll play 9 or 18 in the morning, and then head back to catch the TV coverage in the afternoon.   

• Like 1

I am supposed to get a 3 day weekend every other week, but that hasn’t happened for the last 8 months 😠 because I’ve had several major projects going on and we’ve been short handed...but that all ended this week!!!!!!! All projects are finished and they “released” the new guy from training finally 3 weeks ago, so I got my first 3 day weekend this week! Here’s how it’s gone:

DAY 1:

slept in.....damn it was nice, made pancakes and sausage for brunch, put some ribs on the pit for dinner, did yard work and some “honey do’s” around the house, had a few beers while finishing the ribs, had a nice dinner with the wife which lead to spontaneous “adult fun” before bed time 😋, cuddled up on the couch and watched Netflix then more “adult fun” at bedtime ( holy crap...twice in one day!)

DAY 2:

Golf, beers, burgers and tall tales with my buddies! Dinner out with the wife, then went for drinks and cards at some friends. More “adult fun” at bedtime ( wow, I could get used to this)

DAY 3: (Today)

Golf with the bros (teetime is in 45 minutes) Watch football this afternoon, grilling burgers for dinner, cuddle up for TV with the wife tonight and who knows I might try to keep my other streak going too 🤪

• Like 3

Newlyweds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Love 1

My work actually has unlimited PTO! 

Ok. Please tell me where to send my resume

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing
  • Like 5

I would spend the first day at home with my family and cook a nice steak that night.  The second day I would play golf with my buddies and sit out on the balcony of one of their condos (two live on golf courses), drink scotch, smoke cigars, order a pizza and fight over sports and politics.  (I do this with them four or five times a year - some of my favorite nights.) 

• Like 3

On 11/9/2018 at 2:36 AM, GolfSpy STUDque said:

If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?

I guess I can't enter whatever this is about.

I don't have a job.  There is no 3 surprise days off.  I can take 3 days and do anything I want, anytime.  I can take 5 days if I want...   if Martha lets me.

• Like 3

Do you mean "What would you do after the heart attack you had after your employer gave you a surprise three day paid vacation"?

Depends on the weather, if it's nice I would definitely go play a round. I would probably spend the rest of the time relaxing at home with the wife and fur babies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Spend the three days at my in-laws place in Northern MI.  Golf in the mornings, booze cruise around the lake on the boat in the afternoons, and enjoy a cigar around a bonfire in the evenings.

3 days off??? Golf as much as I can and get some much needed work done around the house. Pretty much like any other days off. Give me a week or more and I'm off to Louisiana to visit family and play courses down there.

On 11/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, DaveP043 said:

First of all, I would not rest, I'd do that when I went back to work.  I'd go play golf.  I might drive somewhere to play, Pinehurst is only 6 hours.  So if I was told this early in the day, I could drive down after work, play for 3 days, and drive back home.  And THEN I would rest.

Next time you are down in Pinehurst, you have to play Tobacco Road and Dormie Club!  Both are great courses!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Next time you are down in Pinehurst, you have to play Tobacco Road and Dormie Club!  Both are great courses!!!

You won't find any member on the board that knows more about pinehurst courses than Dave.  He has a second home down there and is a wealth of information on all things Pinehurst.

But you are correct, those are both great courses.  Tobacco Road is our must play course on the way out each trip.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

As @Golfspy_CG2 says, I've been going to Pinehurst for about 12 years, a couple of times every year.  Those are two of my favorite courses, along with Mid Pines and Pine Needles, and the two where I am a member, Talamore and Mid South.  

5 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

As @Golfspy_CG2 says, I've been going to Pinehurst for about 12 years, a couple of times every year.  Those are two of my favorite courses, along with Mid Pines and Pine Needles, and the two where I am a member, Talamore and Mid South.  

Same!!!  I've been going for close to 20 years now.  More people need to go there, I don't think most people know how many GREAT courses there are in such a small area!  We always stay in the Talamore condo's.  I am a fan of the new Talamore layout/greens.  I am thinking about maybe purchasing a place down there and joining Pinehurst Country Club.  They have some good deals but the condo fees are very expensive.

47 minutes ago, ballplayer002003 said:

Same!!!  I've been going for close to 20 years now.  More people need to go there, I don't think most people know how many GREAT courses there are in such a small area!  We always stay in the Talamore condo's.  I am a fan of the new Talamore layout/greens.  I am thinking about maybe purchasing a place down there and joining Pinehurst Country Club.  They have some good deals but the condo fees are very expensive.

We looked at some of the Pinehurst condos around courses 3 and 5, thought they were much smaller than we wanted.  Our place at Talamore is close to 1400 square feet,.  On the other hand, the PH condos were less expensive 10 years ago than the one we bought at Talamore.  I don't know anything about whether Pinehurst will manage rental of condos for golf packages, but the folks at Talamore do a really good job.