Jump to content

Question #1


STUDque

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

We looked at some of the Pinehurst condos around courses 3 and 5, thought they were much smaller than we wanted.  Our place at Talamore is close to 1400 square feet,.  On the other hand, the PH condos were less expensive 10 years ago than the one we bought at Talamore.  I don't know anything about whether Pinehurst will manage rental of condos for golf packages, but the folks at Talamore do a really good job.  

I've probably stayed in your place.  haha  I would love to pick your brain on this if possible.

   Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: :callaway-small:  Apex w/Kuro Kage stiff

     Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

                         9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

    Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Del Mar 34"

Link to comment
9 hours ago, ballplayer002003 said:

I've probably stayed in your place.  haha  I would love to pick your brain on this if possible.

Any time, probably a PM is best.  no need to bore the rest of the group

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment
1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Any time, probably a PM is best.  no need to bore the rest of the group

Maybe the rest of the group.   But me, I love listening and hearing any and all Pinehurst talk...LOL  But that's how I am about all televised golf.  One day SWMBO saw I was watching a Euro Tour event.  She said, i didn't think you watched the European golf.   I replied, I would watch the Jr. Club Championship from a muni in Iowa if it was televised..😄

I'll be back down there the middle of April.  

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Maybe the rest of the group.   But me, I love listening and hearing any and all Pinehurst talk...LOL  But that's how I am about all televised golf.  One day SWMBO saw I was watching a Euro Tour event.  She said, i didn't think you watched the European golf.   I replied, I would watch the Jr. Club Championship from a muni in Iowa if it was televised..😄

I'll be back down there the middle of April.  

Have fun, its a special place.  

I figured the discussion about buying and owning a rental condo in the area wasn't something that everyone needs to see.  Who cares about management fees, condo associations, replacing dishwashers, and all the  rest?  We get enough of that with our primary homes, at least I do.

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Link to comment

LOL..exactly right.   

But yeah it is a special place for sure.  Have made probably over a dozen trips or so over the past 20 years, and have never had a bad time. 

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:04 AM, THEZIPR23 said:

Quick drive to Monterey, Play Poppy, Pasatiempo and Blackhorse/Bayonet. And cruise 17 mile drive. 

Could have went the rest of the year without hearing about Fort Ord. In the early 70's had an older friend retired Air Force  officer  took us too Ord every Monday for at least a few years. Memory is bad but we played all day 54 holes and I think   started on Blackhorse because Bayonet had a reputation for having the US open qualifying before and was considered a      track, and everyone wanted to try it. However our first round on Blackhorse then Bayonet had thinned out and we would hit that then back Blackhorse. I think golf was around 10 bucks (?) for the day however we did buy "SIR" gas and chow. Long day but worth it.                                    sorry about the mistakes,wife went to bed and I can't fix  them.

Link to comment

"If your job gave you a surprise three day paid break to rest and recuperate, what would you do with those three days?"

 

I would play 36 holes on both of the first 2 days, then go fishing on the third day.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic 9.0*    3-Wd: Taylormade M1-3HL    Hybrid: Taylormade Superfast 2.0 - 18*    Irons: Callaway Apex CF-19 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland 50, 56, 58    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider    Ball : Callaway Chrome Soft Yellow
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Walkin said:

Could have went the rest of the year without hearing about Fort Ord. In the early 70's had an older friend retired Air Force  officer  took us too Ord every Monday for at least a few years. Memory is bad but we played all day 54 holes and I think   started on Blackhorse because Bayonet had a reputation for having the US open qualifying before and was considered a      track, and everyone wanted to try it. However our first round on Blackhorse then Bayonet had thinned out and we would hit that then back Blackhorse. I think golf was around 10 bucks (?) for the day however we did buy "SIR" gas and chow. Long day but worth it.                                    sorry about the mistakes,wife went to bed and I can't fix  them.

2 of the hardest courses I have played. Much better since they restructured them 10+ years ago but still very difficult. 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

 

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

Easy decision.  I'd pack up the car and head to Southern Utah and Nevada for a whirlwind golf trip.  I love desert golfing and would hit Coral Canyon (UT), Conestoga (NV), and Wolf Creek (NV).

:taylormade-small: M1; 10.5; Fujikura Pro 60 Stiff

:cleveland-small: CG Gold 4-PW

:odyssey-small: White Hot Pro #9 35"

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

3 day trip to Vegas with my wife and try to talk a buddy and his wife into joining us.

BIG dinners every night! A show or two. 

Golf in the morning. Poker in the afternoon.

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

Link to comment
  • 1 month later...

I am afraid that I would say thank you sir, I really needed the rest and proceed to find three highly rated golf courses within a few hours and go out and play! I'm thinking, The Home Course, Salish Cliffs and Gamble Sands. My mind would be at ease.

  • Like 1

a. Titleist 718 CB Irons 3-PW AMT TOUR WHITE x100 (x-stiff, standard loft and lie)

b. Taylormade M3 440 HZRDUS YELLOW (9.5*/x-stiff)

c. Right Handed

d. Marysville, WA

e. 18 handicap

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...